New track times

N20D5OH

Established Member
Been here awhile, just haven't posted since I sold my Mach 1. I picked up a base model 6 speed GT in February. So far only mods are O/R X and a custom tune. Bone stock 3 days old in good air the car went 13.2 @ 110 with me not used to driving it at all. Now that I'm a little better driving it I wanted to get some times before the next round of mods. Even though the air was horrid myself and a few friends ventured to the track last night. First two passes were 12.94 and 13.09 both at 111 with 2.2 60's and clean shifts. My 3rd pass I got a great 60 and clean 1-2, 2-3 shifts but for some reason I had to force it into 4th which cost me a bit. The end result was a 12.73 @ 109.15 By looking at my 1/8 mile MPH's in comparison I was easily going to trap 113+ and probably had an good 12.5 in that pass. I got one more pass in but just missed the hell out of the 2-3 shift and then the rain came. Either way for what I have done and considering the weather, I'm very happy. It's easily a 12.2 car once I get some decent weather down here. A big thanks to Sai aka. 04compgt for tuning my car.

Last edited:

04compgt

Established Member
Hang in there buddy. You just need to get over the gorilla shifting mentality on these mt82 trans. I will help you do a couple of mods to aid the shifting a little as well. Also da was 2100 last night I checked drag times.

JasinEdward

Established Member
Were you recently at Bradenton? I'll be up there on August 10th..... any tips on shifting this bad boy are greatly appreciated... I replaced the stock bushing cause I was having an issue high revving into 3rd last time I was out there....

04compgt

Established Member
Were you recently at Bradenton? I'll be up there on August 10th..... any tips on shifting this bad boy are greatly appreciated... I replaced the stock bushing cause I was having an issue high revving into 3rd last time I was out there....

Grip the 1-2, palm the 2-3 and finger tips 3-4 the mt82s I have driven have all shifted great and wot like this.however I could have gotten lucky. My car is an auto so I am by no means experienced in this subject.

Last edited:

N20D5OH

Established Member
Hang in there buddy. You just need to get over the gorilla shifting mentality on these mt82 trans. I will help you do a couple of mods to aid the shifting a little as well. Also da was 2100 last night I checked drag times.

Yeah, as we discussed at dinner last night, 20 years of driving T-5's is going to be a hard habit to break.

Yeah, we were there last night. I'll be sure to post up next time we head down there. As for shifting advice, see above. :)

JasinEdward

Established Member
I have only taken the 5.0 out there once so far. Had to granny it out of the hole due to traction and couldn't get into 3rd gear every time. My best of 13.2 was DA corrected to 12.9. Now that I can get it into 3rd it's a whole new ballgame.....lol:pepper:

04compgt

Established Member
I have only taken the 5.0 out there once so far. Had to granny it out of the hole due to traction and couldn't get into 3rd gear every time. My best of 13.2 was DA corrected to 12.9. Now that I can get it into 3rd it's a whole new ballgame.....lol:pepper:

Next time you go shoot us a pm. I am always down for some track time. My car always does the same thing which is kind of boring but I always shoot for a new best.

JasinEdward

Established Member
Next time you go shoot us a pm. I am always down for some track time. My car always does the same thing which is kind of boring but I always shoot for a new best.

Are you a local tuner? If and when I ever start to mod, I'll need someone to dyno tune for the Diablosport.... I'll be at street heat on August 10th.... I used to drive the grabber blue v6 that was running low 13's...

04compgt

Established Member
Are you a local tuner? If and when I ever start to mod, I'll need someone to dyno tune for the Diablosport.... I'll be at street heat on August 10th.... I used to drive the grabber blue v6 that was running low 13's...

I tune friends cars as a hobby. I only am familiar with the sct software. I am not sure of anyone local that uses diablo.

N20D5OH

Established Member

Is streetheat as ricey as it used to be? I'd head down for a little bit if I didn't think I'd want to slap the shit out of half the kids there.

04compgt

Established Member
Is streetheat as ricey as it used to be? I'd head down for a little bit if I didn't think I'd want to slap the shit out of half the kids there.

Streetheat is not too bad but unfortunately there will still be kids you would want to slap.

JasinEdward

Established Member
It's usually pretty fun. There's a lot of ricers, but everyone for the most part is really cool. If you guys are goin, post a pic of your cars so I know who to look for....:beer:

N20D5OH

Established Member
It's usually pretty fun. There's a lot of ricers, but everyone for the most part is really cool. If you guys are goin, post a pic of your cars so I know who to look for....:beer:

Will do. Here's my slip and my car.

20130802_070820_zps39970795.jpg

20130802_125049_zpsfcde8093.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread