New TX Mile build on LS1gtoforums. 118mm turbo and 1870whp inside

truebluedevil02

Captain Jackstands
Established Member
Kinda wonder if they will be able to get the power down enough to take the record. When that turbo hits its gunna hit like the fist of an angry god.

chao5.0

Established Member
Kinda wonder if they will be able to get the power down enough to take the record. When that turbo hits its gunna hit like the fist of an angry god.

exactly, there is another shop that makes that much power except at the rear wheels and they still spin the tires at 200mph and have yet to go all out with the boost. the mile is heating up and i think UGR's record is safe for now, but if either hinson or lmr can get the power down this year the record will fall.

93_408_LX

Established Member
The traction control devices they have these days are amazing and are definitely giving these cars a good shot at it. A corvette will have a better chance of hooking it rather than our mustangs that bake 4th gear with bolt ons or the Camaro that LMR built.

Regardless, Underground still has lots left in their cars so it will be interesting to see!

mc01svt

100% full natty brah
Established Member
why? :shrug:

Its not going to be able to put anywhere near that to the pavement. The viper guys have already been to the 2,500hp realm with no good results.

fiveo'cobra

Established Member
why? :shrug:

Its not going to be able to put anywhere near that to the pavement. The viper guys have already been to the 2,500hp realm with no good results.

Why? why the hell not?

its not all about the power number. Its more about the engineering and design of the vehicle in getting the power down efficiently. Its highly unlikely that any shop will have immediate success at the TX mile. You have to go for a couple years, learn a few things, and re-engineer the car accordingly. But the point is to push the limits.

From what i remember with the viper guys, they had more problems blowing transmissions than they did getting the power to the ground. It takes time to build a car capable of going 250+ in a mile.

venomws6

Established Member
I can't freaking wait for the mile runs..
I remember Hinson's old 106mm C6ZO6 ran 228mph with 13psi this new setup 118mm is just insane :eek:

Hinson , LMR , Gforce , Dan F2 GT , maybe some lambos this mile gonna be crazy I just hope everyone will be safe..

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
^+1 Didnt a vette roll over or something last year?

DirtyD916

SVT Based God
Established Member
The vipers were always destroying 5th gear. They have the power to go +240, but just can't seem to get a clean full power run it. This Vette is promising as was the LMR Camaro of last year. I'm sure UGR is trying to raise the bar, but it should be an awesome event regardless.

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
Hopefully the ole Tremec holds together. Has always been a problem with cars that run them.
i want to know why the hell these guys aren't running lencos/jeffcos or something! the durability problems disappear, turbo boost is sustained while shifting gears(no shock to the tires), the number of gears you have is only limited by how many planetary units you decide to stack on top of each other(i'm sure parasitic loss is pretty large with more than 6 gears though), gear ratios are customer spec'd, no real reason not to run a planetary unit. it's pretty obvious why the ford GTs, lamborghinis, and any other mid/rear engine cars don't run them, but seems like a no brainer for your standard front-rear layout to me.

Users who are viewing this thread