New video footage - muffler deletes 2014 GT TP

dmichaels

Established Member
Despite the cold here, I gave in and drove the car a bit... of course took advantage of the driving and captured some video footage to better document my muffler deletes. I think I finally captured the sound with the rear bumper angle :) Enjoy!

And of course if you don't mind spending the extra 5 seconds, click the ad so Youtube pays me a bit of money that I can spend on the car :pepper:

[video=youtube_share;InwsworXJlc]http://youtu.be/InwsworXJlc[/video]

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
That sounds great. Doesn't sound as loud as I expected, seeing that it's a muffler delete. Just the right amount of bark. How loud is it from the inside of the car? Can you carry on a conversation?

SHOdown220

Established Member
Is this a "muffler delete" muffler or did you cut out the muffler and just put pipe back in to the tips? Sounds good I like it

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Derek, take a drive on the Wilbur Cross Parkway (Rt. 15) into Hamden and go through the Heroes Tunnel. Just long enough to satisfy your ears. Back when I had my '03 Cobra I LOVED going WOT through the tunnel. Music to my ears! :)

Heroes_Tunnel.jpg

l337

Established Member
Derek, take a drive on the Wilbur Cross Parkway (Rt. 15) into Hamden and go through the Heroes Tunnel. Just long enough to satisfy your ears. Back when I had my '03 Cobra I LOVED going WOT through the tunnel. Music to my ears! :)

I'm in the Boston area. Lots of tunnels around here. You can get a similar effect just driving through downtown. The highrises make for a very effective amplifier. It just takes you an hour to move a 1/4 mile!

That pic you posted looks pretty sweet as well.

dmichaels

Established Member
That sounds great. Doesn't sound as loud as I expected, seeing that it's a muffler delete. Just the right amount of bark. How loud is it from the inside of the car? Can you carry on a conversation?

I'm rapidly getting used to the volume - it's not that bad, there is resonance 2000-2400, but at highway speeds, I can easily carry a conversation 95% of the time. If I'm on the gas fairly hard to pass without downshifting it gets a little loud, but that's it. Cruising isn't bad, and above 4k RPM it really opens up and sounds phenomenal in my opinion!

dmichaels

Established Member
Is this a "muffler delete" muffler or did you cut out the muffler and just put pipe back in to the tips? Sounds good I like it

By "muffler delete" I mean I no longer have mufflers, and each has been replaced with "straight" pipe (bent of course to mate up with existing OEM exhaust piping) that exits out the back as usual. It's 3" tubing with ~4.5" tips welded on. I actually picked them up from a forum member who had them custom made. Only paid ~$75 or so plus shipping.

dmichaels

Established Member
Muffler delete and driving in tunnels. It's like cats on the internet.

WIN

Couldn't have said it better :) Need to mount a gopro on the rear bumper and then drive through the tunnel on the Merritt as noted above... my friend lives right near there and he might have done a few (many...) passes through there with his older 911 with the 3.0 non-turbo carbureted engine. I'll get there in the spring

dmichaels

Established Member
I'm in the Boston area. Lots of tunnels around here. You can get a similar effect just driving through downtown. The highrises make for a very effective amplifier. It just takes you an hour to move a 1/4 mile!

That pic you posted looks pretty sweet as well.

Thanks - one of my favorite pictures so far with the Enkei PF01's and my slicks, taken at Limerock this past fall. The off season is driving me crazy ;)

Yes, Boston has great acoustics for loud exhausts. I don't often make it up that way, but I had my old B5 S4 with full exhaust there a few times and might have enjoyed the "music" driving through the streets!

dmichaels

Established Member

Absolutely will. I wish I had the Mustang in Norway when I lived there for 2 years. They had "endless" tunnels that were multiple miles long. Think the longest one I went through was 20+ km. Anyways, it would have been a riot. Oh well, just have to hunt down the good ones in New England now :)

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Well, tunnels or no tunnels, your Mustang sings a loud song. :rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread