New Viper Dyno

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
Whats the engine rated at 640? Sounds kinda low, guess I'm used to Ford and the '13 GT500 at 662 = 600rwhp.
I'm not in any way comparing the two and I love both cars, was just hoping/expecting more.

Can't wait to see what people will do with minimal mods/bolt-ons. Also can't wait til they release an ACR.

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
Whats the engine rated at 640? Sounds kinda low, guess I'm used to Ford and the '13 GT500 at 662 = 600rwhp.
I'm not in any way comparing the two and I love both cars, was just hoping/expecting more.

Can't wait to see what people will do with minimal mods/bolt-ons. Also can't wait til they release an ACR.

I've seen 580whp GT500 dyno's. Were these weaker cars than ones putting down 600? You can't compare dyno sheets.

FWIW, this was a pre-production mule.

MikesCobra

Established Member
OMG the "shift light" is so ghey! :nonono:
Really? I actually thought its cool, and probably functional at night I am sure it will light up the cabin a good amount. Id rather have that then a monster shift light screwed into my dash like JOE DIRT. lol

usmcsvtwannabe

Not a noob
Established Member
Im liking it! Dodge needs to up their performance division. Heavy heavy heavy everything is heavy but thankfully the viper isnt. Sounds so tame

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
I've seen 580whp GT500 dyno's. Were these weaker cars than ones putting down 600? You can't compare dyno sheets.

FWIW, this was a pre-production mule.
I read somewhere the carbon driveshaft makes the drive train much more efficient, does the viper use carbon driveshaft? That could be another mod, probably pricey though.

LOL, wish I could swing either of these cars, shit I would love an '08+ viper!!!!!

Ukfox89

Established Member
Car looks amazing except for the gay lights under the headlights like the r8s have. And that's a whole lot of displacement for 550rwhp

99BOSS

Established Member
I was expecting more. Check out this vid of a 09 Viper. Its on the same dyno!! Now these numbers have to be high but Ive seen several 08-10 Vipers make the same or more power than this 13 does. My buddy just bought a brand new leftover 10 and I think Im gonna buy it from him cause he wants a 13. I think the 10 looks better too.

2009 Dodge Viper SRT-10 Dyno Test - YouTube

Last edited:

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
showed an air intake temp of 107 degree's.

Probably something still left when you're not pulling in the desert.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Nice numbers. As I see more and more of these new Vipers, I'm liking the overall styling less and less. Just looks aged, maybe because it is so much like the last gen Viper. No denying it's a hot car. And much better overall than the last gen. I'm waiting to see how the new Vette (especially the future ZR-1) compares both performance and styling wise. If I was able to order a new Viper, I'd probably want black. :)

Users who are viewing this thread