New Whipple Numbers, 17#

MTI LS1

Finally got the car tuned tonight. Right now it has the stock upper and a 4lb lower. Numbers:

614rwhp, 581rwtq STD

601rwhp, 567rwtq SAE

Car is fockin nuts!!!!!!! I wish that I would have ditched the Eaton a long time ago. It is a night and day difference between the Stage 4 port with a 2.76/4lb combo.

Taking it to the track on Friday, hoping for a 10.9 or low low 11. Also, car still has the stock manifolds.

Big thanks to all the guys out at HPP Racing. They really know how to lay the numbers down!!!! Next time, 22psi and 110 octane.

I will try and get the graphs up tonight or tomorrow, Zach

MTI LS1

newbreed77 said:
Nice numbers, Zach :thumbsup:
Was that with Torco or pump gas?

Little bit of torco thrown in, but the timing is still very conservative. Not being pushed much at all.

I have an ULTRA safe tune for daily that made 560rwhp on only 16* of timing.

03btchnsnake

In Control
Established Member
Awsome #s Zach.. Which track you headin to friday? Denton or ennis? I'm tryin to get out there too..

mike

yes you can run torco with out a torco tune.. I do.. : )

STROKD

Takin pictures of stuff
Established Member
BigZach said:
Finally got the car tuned tonight. Right now it has the stock upper and a 4lb lower. Numbers:

614rwhp, 581rwtq STD

601rwhp, 567rwtq SAE

Car is fockin nuts!!!!!!! I wish that I would have ditched the Eaton a long time ago. It is a night and day difference between the Stage 4 port with a 2.76/4lb combo.

Taking it to the track on Friday, hoping for a 10.9 or low low 11. Also, car still has the stock manifolds.

Big thanks to all the guys out at HPP Racing. They really know how to lay the numbers down!!!! Next time, 22psi and 110 octane.

I will try and get the graphs up tonight or tomorrow, Zach
Bad ass man! F the port, I'm getting the whipple too... :rolling: When you wanna run my 86, just let me know... Better hurry though, it's getting pullied in a few weeks. :eek:

MTI LS1

stlblack03 said:
Do you have a boost gage? What is the pulley combo?

Right now it has the stock upper and a 4lb lower, and my boost gauge is broken. We were going to hook up an external one, but I forgot.

Thanks for all the compliments. I will be going to Ennis this weekend.

Rwick7

Established Member
BigZach said:
Right now it has the stock upper and a 4lb lower, and my boost gauge is broken. We were going to hook up an external one, but I forgot.

Thanks for all the compliments. I will be going to Ennis this weekend.

Cool man. Just wondering...seems like it might be more than 17 lbs of boost

69cobrajet

333 Half Evil
Established Member
Great #s man.How much timing was used on the 601/567 tune?Was it cooled before the run?How much boost were you seeing with the 4lb lower?

MTI LS1

Timing was conservative, I think up top it was commanded to 19-20 at most.

My gauge is broken, but I assume that it is 17lbs considering that the stock upper is 13psi. I am going to get a new one soon.

Last edited by a moderator:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Wow, awesome numbers! Congrats. I predict you'll easily break into the 10s. :)

03btchnsnake

In Control
Established Member
we are going to try to make ennis friday.. We are headin out the kennedale thurs forsure. Wonder how many tracks i can get bounced from..

mike

Users who are viewing this thread