New: Wilwood AI dedicated track kits

Todd TCE

Established Member
New: Wilwood A-SEDAN dedicated track kits

I do not yet have all the details here but there is to be a new Wilwood factory American Iron kit for the Mustang available shortly.

This new kit will use a (required) 4 pot version of the radial mount full size BSL body. Think BSL6 (larger 7420 pad) with only four pistons.

I understand the rotors are to be 12.2 x 1.25. The calipers coming with thermlock pistons standard and Poly J pads included. And of course brackets, hardware etc. etc.

No firm data yet on the cost but my whispers say it's a bit more affordable than I'd have thunk it. More as it comes available.

Last edited:

BlackStripes

Established Member
Very nice Todd!

Do you know why 12.2" rotors? I guess price, huh? I believe AI rules changed last year and you can have 18" rim/14" rotors...

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Are these fronts or rears!!!???? :dw:

I wouldn't want a 12.2" on the front of a Mustang?!? :eek:

:thumbsup::coolman::beer:

Todd TCE

Established Member
Still looking into this. We (myself and my normal contact at Wilwood) may have this incorrectly named. Personally I'm thinking he means Koni Challenge. But he's not certain that it's not A-Sedan. We're going to speak with the person who put this into motion and get it right. I didn't fully get the size either, but Koni list "within 5% of stock" which tends to make a bit more sense.

As soon as I get clarification I'll put it up! Prices are reasonable however....

BlackBolt9

Asphalt Donuts
Established Member
Koni Challenge front brakes would be 14" for S197s, SN95 stuff is no longer legal.

Last edited:

Todd TCE

Established Member
Guys:

The kits are for A-Sedan class. This is the max 12.2" rotor rule. All or so I'm told.

Sorry for the confusion. I can tell you however that the new BSL4 caliper will directly interchange with the BSL6 caliper (both 20mm pads) with the conventional 13" race kits already produced with the thermlock pistons etc. Meaning, if you have a four pot rule this will address that.

Users who are viewing this thread