New Year...New Shade Of Grey. This Time It’s For Keeps

Sonic605hp

Resident Prick.
Established Member
Perfect.

So as many of you know I change my mind like the weather changes here in Michigan. I decided I’m going to re-orient my thinking wheel wise around doing a 17/15. I’ll be doing beadlocks though. Please tell me out of spending the money on the new CCW beadlocks!!! Here’s a look at the car with s77’s. They’re nice but a little too....”mass production” for my taste View attachment 1619443View attachment 1619444View attachment 1619445View attachment 1619446

BYEPOLR

Established Member
I may have to just drive my ass up north come spring time to see this car. Will it actually need beadlocks though?....
Would love that bro. Come on up!

Keizer's are known to come apart during mounting and hurt people really badly. I am not sure if the issues have been resolved. Fantastic looking wheels, just be careful with them.

thank you for the heads up. I’ll be sure not to be in the shop when the tires are installed

That's the most beautiful Coupe I've ever seen...really.
Gracias sir

sorry, Mentally I’m still in Mexico

BYEPOLR

Established Member
Chop chop...cam getting cut
IMG_9599.jpg

BYEPOLR

Established Member
You guys busted me. I’ve been avoiding this post like the plague for fear of seeming insincere. I have a bit of a confession to make, and it’s not an easy one. I’ve changed directions on the build lol I swear I’m hopeless.
I’m 110% still doing a notch. I’m 110% still honoring my twin in every way. Nothing on that front has changed.
What has changed is my available time to work on my own car. If I’m being totally transparent I’m little burnt out at the moment. Quite tired in fact. Not so much just with building cars, but the lack of quality time I have with my wife and frankly...just the time to relax and decompress with graduate school and everything else going on. I’ve been working on a huge project it seems for years straight and I lost a little bit of balance. Those of you who know me, know I’m a firm believer in making sure you’re always enjoying what you’re doing. I’ve noticed a pattern of increasing tiredness and stress so I stepped back to evaluate things a bit.

I ended up making a personal compromise.....start with a car that was much closer to being a finished product, and put my slant on it.
I was made an offer I couldn’t pass up on the silver roller and decided I could let it go ONLY if I had a suitable replacement already lined up. As luck would have it my buddy Bob Kurgan reached out to me and said he had a car that I might be interested in. It was a customer car that he had started on and ended up taking possession of because they couldn’t pay the bill. The car had fresh paint and a brand new coyote aluminator with a full stainless turbo kit that Bob built in house. The interior is basically in complete need of restoration/replacement, the car runs but isn’t tuned, and it needs some TLC. Just what I’m after.
By taking over this build I’m straying from my original plan of going SBF but I don’t think I’m doing my brother any injustice :) I really thought long and hard about it and decided to pull the trigger. So now I’m left with about $20k in brand new SBF parts and a completely new direction LOL.

Soooooo....all of that to say....let the thread continue, with a slightly altered path! Thank you all in advance for being patient and understanding.

BYEPOLR

Established Member
Pic of the car Bob sent me before I got it...and pics of it since received. Would you just look at those hideous headlights! My goodness. And yes the painted mirrors/door handles gotta go!!
IMG_9662.JPG

IMG_9875.JPG
IMG_9877.JPG

As it sits right this moment.....overhaul underway...many major changes ahead ( I’ve only had it for a day lol)
IMG_9874.JPG
IMG_9897.JPG
IMG_9896.JPG
IMG_9895.JPG

94slowbra1

Established Member
Wow, talk about a change order, ha. With that being said the new car looks awesome and bob would definitely be someone I'd trust for a project. Looking forward to the changes/progress!

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
I think what your brother would’ve wanted would be to build the best car YOU want with the best of today’s performance options.
Been a tough week on my end too man, never good when it starts with a funeral.
I owe you a call and look forward to it.
Can’t wait to see the notch YOU want to build TODAY.
I’d respect it even if it had an LS swap.
Well, maybe scratch that last part :)
-J

BYEPOLR

Established Member
Wow, talk about a change order, ha. With that being said the new car looks awesome and bob would definitely be someone I'd trust for a project. Looking forward to the changes/progress!
Thanks!! Bob’s a good dude. We share the language of sarcasm lol
I think what your brother would’ve wanted would be to build the best car YOU want with the best of today’s performance options.
Been a tough week on my end too man, never good when it starts with a funeral.
I owe you a call and look forward to it.
Can’t wait to see the notch YOU want to build TODAY.
I’d respect it even if it had an LS swap.
Well, maybe scratch that last part :)
-J
Bro I got your back 1000% if you need anything. My phone is always on for ya. Praying for whatever you got going on

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Sick twist love the white notch. Agreed about the door handles and mirrors. Those seats wow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BYEPOLR

Established Member
Thanks for sticking with me fellas! Means a lot
Let’s get some more regular updates moving forward shall we?
I’ve got some serious work cutout for me on this interior
IMG_9908.JPG
IMG_9909.JPG
IMG_9910.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread