New York

mysicman

Resident Pill Pusher
Established Member
A while back I posted requesting info on what to do in New York. Thanks for all the responses. We got in yesterday, around 7:30am, an had a very interesting LONG drive in traffic through Queens. Are cabbies in tranning for Nascar? lol.

All I can say is amazing! What an electrifying city. The buzz is electrifying and the people are great! Had lunch in Little Italy, food was amazing. Hoping to hit the MET today and cruise around a little more. Probably won't be a late night as my wife runs the marathon in the morning, but hoping to get out and see all the costumes tonight for a while.

Got a few other things lined up: comedy club, walking/eating tour in grenwich (sp), going to see Wicked and a few other things. If I can work out my flight I might be able to see the Yankees in game 6 (don't think I can change flight).

Anyway having a blast!
Cheers
Mike

04MysticCobra

Established Member
Glad you are having a great time. I love NYC and I am there all the time. Went to school for 4 years near NYU. Enjoy the rest of your trip it will be fun. Best of luck for your wife running the Marathon. That is cool.

Go Yanks.....

Jroc

Established Member
I've never been to NYC, but if I were to go I would want to see Ground Zero more than anything else.

TwinTurbo4vGT

Slowest GT alive :)
Established Member
A while back I posted requesting info on what to do in New York. Thanks for all the responses. We got in yesterday, around 7:30am, an had a very interesting LONG drive in traffic through Queens. Are cabbies in tranning for Nascar? lol.

All I can say is amazing! What an electrifying city. The buzz is electrifying and the people are great! Had lunch in Little Italy, food was amazing. Hoping to hit the MET today and cruise around a little more. Probably won't be a late night as my wife runs the marathon in the morning, but hoping to get out and see all the costumes tonight for a while.

Got a few other things lined up: comedy club, walking/eating tour in grenwich (sp), going to see Wicked and a few other things. If I can work out my flight I might be able to see the Yankees in game 6 (don't think I can change flight).

Anyway having a blast!
Cheers
Mike

dont even bother trying to see the yankee game. Unless you feel like paying 1000$ a seat for crappy seats.

mysicman

Resident Pill Pusher
Established Member
I got to see ground zero from the top of the Bank of NY building (very close). I plan on going to the church next to it to pay my respects at the memorial.

Just got back from the MET and grabbed a NY steak. Had to be at least 3/4lb,
best steak I've ever had. You Newyorkers really know how to do it right!

If I can change my flights and convince the wife we've got tickets available to us, we'll see.

cheers
Mike

mysicman

Resident Pill Pusher
Established Member
She finished the marathon with a time of 4:27, and had a blast. The crowds were crazy! Anyone who says New Yorkers are not friendly are full of it. I haven't met a rude person yet, everyone is extremely friendly :beer:. NEW YORK ROCKS :rockon:

Nickyoobatz

Established Member
Me and my friends always used to go to the city all the time when I lived in NJ. Always something to do no matter what time it is, even it it is just walking around.

deannyc

Str8
Established Member
Want a good steak in NYC?

If you can get a reservation/have the time....

#1 Peter Lugers Steak House... AMAZING steak.
#2 Ruth Chris Steak House... supposedly just as good.

I replied to your original thread...

Take the Staten Island Ferry to and from Manhattan, good views on a good day.

Museum of Natural History, is one of my faves.

Obviously a broadway show...
I heard Jersey Boys is supposed to be great...

mysicman

Resident Pill Pusher
Established Member
Just got back from the comedy celar. Acts were halarious, so was the 3 drink max, we're from Canada eh. Had 8 or 9 before we went and had a blast. Going on a tour in greenwich vilage tommorow. Going to pass a Yankee tickets as it will cost $7-800 to chnange my flight. Went to ground zero, and the chjurch to pay my respects. It was very somber. Aslo wnet to seen Lady Liberbty and Ellis Island.

Goin' to Charlotte in the spring for a cup race instead.

I've been watching for svp stickers or shirts, hope to meet some of you while I'm here.

Sorry for the typing last night, I guess thats why you shouldn't drink and drive;-)

Last edited:

TwinTurbo4vGT

Slowest GT alive :)
Established Member
Want a good steak in NYC?

If you can get a reservation/have the time....

#1 Peter Lugers Steak House... AMAZING steak.
#2 Ruth Chris Steak House... supposedly just as good.

I replied to your original thread...

Take the Staten Island Ferry to and from Manhattan, good views on a good day.

Museum of Natural History, is one of my faves.

Obviously a broadway show...
I heard Jersey Boys is supposed to be great...
i can assure you Ruth's steakhouse is not even in the same solar system as Peter Luger's

canibus

Established Member
Glad to hear you're having fun.

A few buddies and I are planning a trip for next year. I wanted to go to a world series game this year, but they're a rip off. We're planning the trip around the time the yanks play the sox. We want to go watch them play eachother in person.

Users who are viewing this thread