Newbie from the darkside....

Darkflow

Established Member
Just joined the site, so thought i would introduce myself. Names Kendrick, currently own a 2002 Chevrolet Camaro SS/LE (hints the darkside comment in title lol). Ive looked around this site a few times, really considering getting a new/used low mileage GT500 or new 5.0/Boss 302. Im really liking the new body styles (2010+). Always had a sweet spot for those 03/04 Termi Cobra's. Still kind of want one but rather get into something new.

Im just here to learn more about the Mustangs, especially if i do jump into 1 of the Mustangs i mentioned above and meet some cool guys along the way.

Edit: And i hope i dont get any hate or anything just because i have a Camaro.

Last edited:

jerrad

RIP Gump
Established Member
Welcome to the site. :beer:
Any of the cars you talked about will be fun cars IMO.

Don't worry about the camaro. You'll get some people that are butt hurt but don't mind them.

JV_92_03_10

Established Member
Welcome! I'm a newbie too - just still browsing the forums and learning some of the people without posting much. So far I havent seen a whole lot of haterade. Most legitimate car people respect a nice car when they see one when regardless of make or model. I bleed Ford blue (unless its football season then its a little different) so I'll try not to hold it against you. :)

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Welcome to SVTP. I used to own a '94 Callaway Camaro so I came from the darkside as well. LOL!

I would strongly recommend that you test drive a 2011 5.0 GT. It's a strong performer right out of the box. Boss 302 will be more expensive, of course, but if you want something born for the track, then that would be your ticket. GT500s are nice, too. As far as wanting a new car (while desiring a 2003-2004 Cobra) keep in mind that we still occasionally see near new Terminators being sold. I'm talking with under 6K miles. You just have to be patient and keep your eyes and ears open.

Enjoy your time here. :)

Darkflow

Established Member
Thanks for the welcomes guys.

CobraBob, thats exactly what i will do. Go out and test drive the 5.0, and a GT500 if they'll let me. I couldnt test drive a G8 GXP once so i wouldnt be surprised if they said no to the GT500.

fire_4_effect

Motorsports = Expensive!
Established Member
Thanks for the welcomes guys.

CobraBob, thats exactly what i will do. Go out and test drive the 5.0, and a GT500 if they'll let me. I couldnt test drive a G8 GXP once so i wouldnt be surprised if they said no to the GT500.

welcome! why would you get denied to test drive a ride? :dw:

Darkflow

Established Member
If i remember, i think the guy said because it was a high performance vehicle, they werent allowed to let ppl test drive it. Might be a dealer thing or something there.

Users who are viewing this thread