Newbie hello

Robman420

Mach 'n You
Established Member
Hey guys i am a new owner a 03 mach 1 after trading in my 96 WS6 just wanted to say hello i was also wondering what kinda time im looking at to install headers shorties or Long tubes?

99MustangGTman

Stick Shift The World!
Established Member
You will need to drop the K. Typically 6 hours or so depending on how fast/slow you work.

Do not buy shorties. LTs or nothing.

99MustangGTman

Stick Shift The World!
Established Member
Well shortys will sound exactly like what you have now. LTs will almost give it a higher pitch, not louder, its kinda hard to explain.

YellowShaker03

I Am Black Jesus
Established Member
You don't install headers for sound, thats why they make so many different catbacks; they all sound different. But like people above me said, LTs or nothing- shorties give you very little if any power gains and for the work and time it takes its simply not with it.... so find a nice set of long tubes.

Nor Cal Mach

I love this AMERICAN RIDE
Established Member
I got my LTs from this site in the for sale section for hella cheap so just look around. Congrats on the Mach purchace.

E

2008 SVTP RPS Champ
Established Member
go with mac! they make the best headers, imo. congrats on the purchase!!:beer:

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
alright LT itis thanks alot

Good decision. If you look at the power gains (if any) of the shorties you'd see that $$/power they aren't worth it. THat's because the stock manifolds flow nicely from the factory. The flow sizes aren't much different between the two.

Robman420

Mach 'n You
Established Member
what other bolt-ons will are cars benefit from besides the ones i bought the car with? they are listed in my sig. minus LT

Last edited:

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
what other bolt-ons will are cars benefit from besides the ones i bought the car with? they are listed in my sig. minus LT
Pretty much just an alumin. Driveshaft.

You can go with a ported intake, but that's about it without getting into the heads, which woudl be a good idea depending on what your goals are if you do port the upper intake.

N/A machs with nice HP are expensive to do. Which is why most just go with a Power adder.

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
when im done police college this year i wanted to get a supercharger but im still gathering info about them

Soudns good...lots of good info around. I had an N.a and an FI mach....so let me know if you have any Q"s and I'll help where/if I can.

Pending what FI you go with, you might end up going away with the 4.10s and the php spacer.

1slow4v

N/A Mach's aren't that expensive to build. You just don't have the potential to get as much power, as you would if you built your motor for FI with a lot of boost.

Also, I have Mach longtubes, they're great 2yrs and no leaks. You might also want to consider Steeda UDP's, Stewart High Flow Water Pump, PHP Intake Spacer, a goot dyno tune, TB, RAI or CAI, MAF, Porting the intake, and if you're not opposed to it, a 100 shot.

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
N/A Mach's aren't that expensive to build. You just don't have the potential to get as much power, as you would if you built your motor for FI with a lot of boost.

Also, I have Mach longtubes, they're great 2yrs and no leaks. You might also want to consider Steeda UDP's, Stewart High Flow Water Pump, PHP Intake Spacer, a goot dyno tune, TB, RAI or CAI, MAF, Porting the intake, and if you're not opposed to it, a 100 shot.

Expense is relative. I was refering to $/RWHP gained. In that regard it is expensive. You could spend as much $$$ as FI and end up with 70rwhp less.

Also, I HIGHLY disagree with your suggestion of Steeda UDPs. In regards to a 'maf' I have seen a link provided by Benn99GT that references gains with an upgraded MAF as the only mod, HOWEVER that was not on a mach. I have yet to see similar for a mach motor/ECU/Tune

IDK how Stewarts HFWP is, but I do know that Meziere's ElectWP has fuse issues.

Last edited:

1slow4v

I don't have my dyno sheets on my laptop o I would share them with you. To solidify, that parts that I have listed make for recovery of parasitic loss, and and make the car more efficient. So I won't push the issue until I have them handy.

As far as the water pump, it's not really a noticeable difference. It is, however a much better made component that was been proven on the dyno. It's a cost effective alternative to the Meziere Electric Pump.

It can be found at Summit Racing, and it's only $150.00 compared to teh $300 of the Meziere. here is a link

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=EMP-STE50046S&N=700+115&autoview=sku

kens88gt

Established Member
I have Kook's LT's along with maghnaflow catback. Car sounds and runs great. I am puttin down 330rwhp and 350rwt. That along with the 4.10's feels like a completely different car.

Users who are viewing this thread