Newbie post: Hello everyone and a quick question

cbrmuscle

Established Member
Well, I finally traded in my mildly modded 05 GT for a an 08 GT500 and I couldn't be happier. She's Vapor Silver w/Black stripes and about 70 miles :rockon:

As much as I hate to say it, I've already been bitten by the mod bug. I suppose the first thing I will do once she's broken in is an axle-back.

Can anyone tell me if the stock exhaust is 2.5" all the way back? It's not 3" correct? I searched the forums and couldn't find anything definate. Hopefully this isn't a stupid question.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Welcome to the forum! The sound of this car is WAY too quiet from the factory. A tune and axle backs were the first things I did after about a month. It sounds much better now.

:thumbsup::coolman::beer:

cbrmuscle

Established Member
Thank you very much. Definately ordering an axle back soon. I think I'm leaning towards the FRPP. Are these the same as Borla? They seem to sound a little different based solely on YouTube videos but I have heard they are basically the same.

As for a tune/intake I think I will lay off those for while just so I don't have any warranty issues. This is the first time I've owned a car with this much power/this expensive and I don't really want to mess around until I've got a year or two issue free under my belt.

Users who are viewing this thread