SnakeNvegas

Established Member
Hello , Said goodbye to pusrods - Its time to go Modular. I will be picking up a 96 Cobra in 2 weeks and need to pick your brains. My 347 90LX was totaled Christmas night buy a young kid hanging an Illegal U-Turn (from the lane to my right) and he took me out(HARD) PICS ARE IN MY SIG. The car Im getting is basically stock,83k miles- 3:73's - Flowmaster- K&N. I will be putting a blower on it and need to know how much boost i can run consertatively 6-12#s. I want lca's and was using Lakewood Traction action lift bars, I like em on my 90 .How will they work on the 96 ??. I will be doing my suspention 1st and would like to know what is working for you guys. Lots more to come Im sure. Thanks

http://www.cardomain.com/id/199056

Last edited:

black96snake

Established Member
Keep it around 8#'s, but as I'm sure that you know it could still blow even with only light boost. I can't help with the suspension, sorry.

vegas97cobra

Represent,
Vegas in the house. What part are you from? Good luck on the new ride, I'm just waiting to sell my 88 so i can get a twin turbo kit from HP. I seem to like turbo's a little more, you might want to do some research on them too, look at www.turbomustangs.com Maybe see you around in the Cobra sometime.

SnakeNvegas

Established Member
thanks for the welcome so far. Vegasnake, I saw a TT kit for sale on SSS, not sure what would be involved to make it fit your car but its worth the look. I live In Summerlin on the TPC, you may have seen my 90 SPECIAL EDITION AROUND. (since ford only did 1 of my car) http://www.cardomain.com/id/199056

vegas97cobra

Nice,
I'll look at that kit for sale. I think i have seen your car. you were at a midnight race at the track a while back. If i remember right (maybe wrong) you ran a 13 something against another mustang in the grudge lanes(who knows) I'm just itchn' to get some boost in my ride. Maybe i should start advertising my 88. Hope you get that 96. I really need to meet some other people with Cobra's, all my friends have very modified Mistu vr-4's and stealth's. I'm just the "mustang guy"

98Vobra

Established Member
I would get a good tune and don't push on the boost, I see 10psi at 6,500 rpms with the stock 3.60 vortech pulley and a AFM power pipe and I saw 430rwhp at that rpm. That is with Mid leagth headers and a catted bassani X-pipe and stock cat-back. With a cat-back change I will be looking at 450rwhp and I will not push it any further! Hope this helps

Dano

"Book 'em Dano"
Established Member
SnakeNvegas

waving.gif

Welcome, Ray. Your old LX was sure wiped out. What a shame - it wasn't hard to tell that you had put a lot of love & care & $ in that Mustang! I think I'd have been getting some ass off that kid that did you in ...

Dan

SnakeNvegas

Established Member
98Vobra, your combo is sim. to what I have in mind. Vortec prob. just run 8#'s, headers L/T's, cat-back (not sure what mufflers) Chip and Tune. Im only want 400rwhp(for now) Im not gonna beat it, I never have beat my cars. I WILL race it though.
Dano , Im almost 37 and could beat the kid up. Now where am I, at a lower level. I will however take my retribution out on HIS Ins. Co. Dont you think im better off that way.

Dano

"Book 'em Dano"
Established Member
Dano , Im almost 37 and could beat the kid up. Now where am I, at a lower level. I will however take my retribution out on HIS Ins. Co. Dont you think im better off that way.

By all means ... just venting frustration out, for you - well, I was trying to, but I guess you don't have any. Good luck on the new Cobra!

Dan

SnakeNvegas

Established Member
Dano said:
By all means ... just venting frustration out, for you - well, I was trying to, but I guess you don't have any. Good luck on the new Cobra!

Dan
Thanks for the welcome.
Oh Dan Dont get me wrong, I thought of it. And I am Frustraited. All included in Pain/suffering.

97CasperCobra

Track is Crack
Welcome to the site R.C. Damn man....looks like that accident HURT....killed me to look at what that guy did to the car after all the time and work you put into the engine.

As far as suspension.....I'm a open-track guy here...or trying to be, so I'm going with Maximum Motorsports goodies. I'm sure you know to get the engine THROUGHLY checked out(compression and what-not) before you put the blower on. Post up pics of the '96 you're getting...welcome to the rev-friendly Modular world. :thumbsup:

SnakeNvegas

Established Member
mustangdan429 said:
dont mind dan, he's always cranky =)

Cranky, not sure about that. But he's right. If I was 16 years younger I would have pounded him.
Casper, I used to run Solo I & II at Laguna when I lived in NorCal. I ran a modified 85GT built by Meyers Racing long ago. When I moved to Vegas they really werent into that. So I went to a Drag race and was hooked. You all know what happens when the SPEED BUG hits ya. I had a couple engines built, but never really satisfied so i built my 2nd 347 Myself in my garage. Man that thing WAS stout 1hp per ci. and 385rwtq (no chip A9P) running through my AOD. I would not be on this forum If I still had it, But its time for a change like I stated before. And I beleive I will be glad I did. The only thing I need to get used to is the fact I dont know a whole lot about working on Mod. motors. The Pushrod motor were easy.

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
Hey RC!

Glad to see you made it over here. I hope you enjoy my car!

Talk to you soon!

SnakeNvegas

Established Member
Chris Benvie said:
Hey RC!

Glad to see you made it over here. I hope you enjoy my car!

Talk to you soon!

He Chris, had to get a jump start on my/your Cobra. I like the SOLD in your sig. Waiting for the Mail and Yes ,talk soon.

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
SnakeNvegas said:
He Chris, had to get a jump start on my/your Cobra. I like the SOLD in your sig. Waiting for the Mail and Yes ,talk soon.

Good to hear. Took the car out today for some pics etc. I am going to miss her. :( Havnt driven her much since November, but its time to let her go.

I'll be dropping the pics off for developing and I am assuming the rest of the paperwork will be in the mail 1st of the week. Looking forward to getting this all rapped up!

Talk soon.

Users who are viewing this thread