Newish member

boduke0220

Established Member
I’ve been lurking here for about a year, and dreaming of owning one since they came out when I was 19. Being a Poor Grunt in the Marines at the time I couldn’t afford it. I’m 26 now and luckily Uncle Sam doesn’t pay my bills anymore. Sold my whipple coyote and picked up the black 2013 about 2 weeks ago. It’s a one owner, 40k mile car. Factory stripe delete. I am loving the TR6060 over the MT82 and the torque of the 5.8 is just crazy. I took it to it’s first half mile today ( after fresh oil, plugs and a good lund tune with 100 octane in the tank) and had a good time with it. My coyote went 165 with a Gen 2 tvs ( before the whipple) on E85 so my goal is to beat that! Here’s a few pics. Don’t mind the louvers they’re on their way out

Attachments

• 638C21D3-A7AC-4BFE-BCE0-7CFD060DC62B.jpeg
    638C21D3-A7AC-4BFE-BCE0-7CFD060DC62B.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 136

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Great looking GT500 and welcome to the 13/14 GT500 club. 165 is very doable with the stock blower and bolts on.

Does the car just have a Lund tune right now?

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Thanks for your service and congrats on landing that nice looking GT-500.

boduke0220

Established Member
Great looking GT500 and welcome to the 13/14 GT500 club. 165 is very doable with the stock blower and bolts on.

Does the car just have a Lund tune right now?

I was told it had a pulley but it’s only making 15lbs of boost ( per the gauge, I know not that accurate) but I believe it’s stock. I need to measure it to verify.

Silver Talon

Pronounced: Mahcargo Braaaap
Established Member
Awesome man! Congrats! And thanks for your service as well!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

boduke0220

Established Member
Cant beat the big block like torque! I love the GT350 but can't bring myself to give up the brute power of the 5.8!

one of my good friends who has had a few TT coyotes went to a C7Z for a while, and came across a good deal on a GT350R. He's had it about 3 months and just went back to a C7Z. They seem like good cars but he said it needed another 100hp.

Jam421

Jam421
Established Member
I was told it had a pulley but it’s only making 15lbs of boost ( per the gauge, I know not that accurate) but I believe it’s stock. I need to measure it to verify.
First congrats on a beautiful car! As you likely know stock boost on the '13-14 is 14psi.
Our boost gauges may be consistent but not necessarily accurate. They show boost on a signal rather than actual psi. On a 2 different Mustang Race shop dynos my boost was measured at 16.5psi. Yet my dash gauge consistently shows 19-20psi at the top of WOT. My Boost PSI gauge is always ON but mostly as a reference. Maybe I just like looking at it! Also.....despite having access to experienced Mustang tuners over the years my car is tuned by Lund. I did that to learn more about my own car thru data logging etc....after installing a new CAI,TB & Plenum.
It was a fun experience for me & both shops had nothing but praise for how the car pulled.
Lastly..you're sure in the right place for whenever you decide to make performance upgrades !

Users who are viewing this thread