Next mod indecisiveness. Need opinions.

Mattstang04

Established Member
I'm on the fence for what my next mod should be. For a while now I've been thinking about getting 4.30s and carbon fiber diff clutches installed. However, the idea of improving my suspension is looming as well.

I would not be doing the gears and such myself. I want it set up right, so I'll leave that to the pros.

The suspension pieces I was thinking of were MM lower control arms and Eibach sway bars. These I can do myself.

The price would be about the same for either project. Not sure which is more desirable. Eventually I will have both but which comes first?

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
youd probably have more opportunity to enjoy the gain from the gears than the suspension...Id do gears first personally

Mattstang04

Established Member
Got Mac Longtubes and an offroad X. Had it dyno tuned to 312/326. I priced a Stegemeyer port for the intake and throttle body. Not a bad price but wasn't really sure what good it would do on stock heads, cams, and no power adder.

SIC9250

Coyote_Mach
Established Member
What was the cost from stiegmeier for the intake porting? Was the qoute for the lower manifold?

Mattstang04

Established Member
Got the quote about 4 months ago but it was 750. The quote did not include the extent of the porting but the way it read, it sounded like they have an established process.

I have made my decision on the next mod though. Going to do the 4.30s. I ordered the gears, an install kit, carbon fiber differential clutches and a FRPP differential girdle. The girdle is for the one for 05 and up cars, so if I go for a panhard bar in the future it should clear the girdle.

Figured this is a big money mod and I want to have it done. The suspension stuff, I can do in my own garage and a piece at a time. That makes it more budget friendly.

Mattstang04

Established Member
Thanks. The car will eventually get suspension love. I believe in having good handling capabilities for any car with respectable power. I rode around in some oldie muscle cars that had decent power but had stock suspensions. I thought they were frightening. Turns happen in the real world. It's not just a big straight interstate out there. Got to be able to take big horsepower and go left and right.

Mattstang04

Established Member
Not really planning on forced induction for this car. It was fun on my GT. But it broke my heart when a piece of a piston broke out. I would build an engine before going FI on this car. I think once the gears are in and the suspension is upgraded I'll try to start another project. Don't want to overdo my mach.

Mattstang04

Established Member
Dropping my ride off for its gears, TrakLok upgrade with carbon disc clutches, and an FRPP low profile girdle. If all goes well, I'll pick it up tomorrow. I'm getting anxious.

Users who are viewing this thread