Next steps. Black Friday specials

KPatrone

Established Member
So I have all this power and no real way to put it to the ground. Here are the thoughts for my next steps, any input or thoughts on the best place to purchase would be appreciated. Just got 15x10 and 17x7 super stars from beefcake
BMR lca brackets
Possibly bmr lcas to replace my steeda billet lcas
Bmr drag springs
Viking rear shocks
Strange front struts
Power stop brake kit from AM (drilled slotted all around and new pads )
Adjustable camber bolts
15x10 (325/60/15?) Mt et pros
Some decent fronts to daily on the 17x7 fronts

tj@steeda

Established Member
I can recommend Steeda parts ... but it looks like you are already trying to replace the LCAs ... can I ask you why you might make the change?

TJ

KPatrone

Established Member
I can recommend Steeda parts ... but it looks like you are already trying to replace the LCAs ... can I ask you why you might make the change?

TJ
I have all steeda at the moment, lcas, LCA relos, adj uca and I feel like the car is very unbalanced. The car would fade one way or the other even during a simple burn out. Doesnt seem like the money I spent did much in the way of keeping the car straight. Add 400whp and the problems have only compounded.
With the money I've invested I'd like to see the car go in a straight line. If you have any ideas regarding my current setup I'm all ears, but I'm ready to just go a different direction with the results I've had

djclark

Established Member
fwiw replacing parts you already have is a waste of money. You need to figure out what is causing the undesired movement. Send kelly @ bmr a PM. I'm sure he'll help you get dialed in with the steeda parts. It's going to turn out to be something stupid like something is adjusted incorrectly ( UCA, Viking shocks etc... ) You're gonna be pissed if you replace something and that doesn't solve the issue. I've been where you are.

Scott8583

Addicted to Corn!
Established Member
What Srings are you currently running? I hope your not running relocation brackets with stock springs...
Check to make sure your rear housing is square after the LCA relocation brackets. Take the relo brackets off and see how it hooks. Control arms are control arms. Bushing style and quality are the only differences.

275/60/15 MT Pro's will solve your traction problems. (17 psi works well) front struts should be ran with LCA relocation brackets. I've seen 100% stock suspension go 1.35 60' with an auto

KPatrone

Established Member
I should clarify that I currently have stock shocks and struts, the only parts I would be replacing would be lcas and brackets and the eibach "dub" springs that were on sale back in 2011.
The steeda lcas are welded in, so I can't really take them off until I'm going to really remove them. I do feel like the shop that installed them may not have the angle correct, but if they are going to come off to be adjusted I would rather replace them. We are not talking about a ton of money and I would rather have a piece of mind knowing everything is going to work as it should going forward.

KPatrone

Established Member
Just pulled the trigger on a bunch of goodies from beefcake.
Bmr DOM poly/spherical lcas
Bmr lca brackets
Bmr drag springs
Strange front struts
Viking crusader dbl adj shocks
275/60/15 mt et pros
Should be a fun winter and even better spring

Users who are viewing this thread