NFL Draft-

STR8JAKT

Tis but a Scratch
Established Member
Detroit had a great first round...not to mention the moves made in free agency. They will have a better than 2 win season this year. :rockon:

deadpres

everyday is caturday
Established Member
Seahawks dominated the 1st round with 2 kick ass picks. Now we need to get the best- RB, DE or QB on the board in the 2nd

lol, how could I have guess you're from Washington? Dominated? Slightly is more like it. Wait until your picks make a name for themselves..so far they haven't proved shit in the NFL.

Detroit had a great first round...not to mention the moves made in free agency. They will have a better than 2 win season this year. :rockon:

I agree with this. Detroit is making some good moves.

Oh I almost forgot, Go Texans! :beer:

Carbd86GT

You're Gator Bait
Established Member
Tebow will be playing IMMEDIATELY, not holding a clipboard. He won't be the starting QB, but they will be using him quite often. McDaniels said that he uses a lot of the Florida offensive plays, so who better to use than Tebow? Dominion is right too, NO ONE will work harder than Tebow. I think the more baffling pick is picking up Demarius Thomas from GT who has absolutely NO game tape. He has crazy good stats, but all he did was get open on deep routes with the GT triple option. I've watched GT play a lot, and you don't see the WR's running routes, it's "GO DEEP"!

McDaniels wants a team with good character and work ethic, even if that means they have to work on developing players. There is no doubt about Tebow's character and work ethic, Demarius Thomas is a kid with good character, so it seems McDaniels is getting what he wants.

I was hoping that Tebow would have left at #30 with Minnesota, but Denver is a good place. Very proud of Ma. Pouncey and Haden as well, they will start immediately and make an impact. Round 2 should be a good showing for ex Gators also, Hernandez, Spikes and Wright will all go in the 2nd, Wright would be an AWESOME safety for Dallas.

Last edited:

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member

Go Lions!!!!!

Playoffs this year!!!!!!

Ford's finally making money and decided to turn around my Lions

Mark it down

rfat16

Muscle Car Master
Established Member
lol, how could I have guess you're from Washington? Dominated? Slightly is more like it. Wait until your picks make a name for themselves..so far they haven't proved shit in the NFL.

I understand that fully but fundamentals and no reaching for a player like lets say the Jags. It was a real good first round.

I hope Tebow does real well. I want all the shit talkers to eat it. I don't even really like the guy but with so many people hating on him im gonna root for him.

Last edited:

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
Whoa that's a bold statement. Playoffs really????

Lets just get a winning season under their belt first.

I think we have a shot at the WC if all the stars align.

The thing I really like is we went out a signed proven vets instead of gambling everything on the draft. We have a good mix of vets and new guys now, which is key.

The future look bright IMO

rfat16

Muscle Car Master
Established Member
I think we have a shot at the WC if all the stars align.

The thing I really like is we went out a signed proven vets instead of gambling everything on the draft. We have a good mix of vets and new guys now, which is key.

The future look bright IMO

I agree with that. I like getting proven people over draft gambling as well. Bright future, sure but playoffs this year after you have 2 wins in 2 years. IDK its a little bit of a stretch. Give'em till next year or the following to make a run at the playoffs

rfat16

Muscle Car Master
Established Member

What does being in Wa. have to do with it??? Who had a better first round? Go....I'll wait here for you to tell me.

Denver did well with Tebow. Yall dont see it yet but that guy has got some work ethic in him and he bring leadership and heart in a locker room. Yall may be surprised in 3 years.
I certainly won't be. The guy was a winner in college. We'll see if his college success translates to the NFL. Anything is possible. I can't even tell you how many QBs drafted in rd 1 over the past 10 years, touted with better skills than Tebow, haven't put any kind of a dent in the NFL.

deadpres

everyday is caturday
Established Member
What does being in Wa. have to do with it??? Who had a better first round? Go....I'll wait here for you to tell me.

lol you just dont get it do you. Because you're from Washington your team is obviously Seattle Seahawks. Ironic you think they had the best picks in the draft? nah not at all. You're just biased with no proven facts to back it up. It's all fair game right now..not one of the rookies have clocked 1sec in a regular season game.

Like I mentioned before, Lions are doing the right thing. But wait...How dare I say something good about any other team than my hometeam.

Last edited:

BlownAway05

Established Member
The Teebow pick was obviously influenced from outside the NFL. As any South Park fan would know, it is based in Colorado and has many references to the Denver Broncos. The Broncos front office obviously have seen the episode where Cartman starts a Christian rock band and makes a ton of money due to the ease of selling to the biggest religious following in America. Same thing with Teebow, they know they will easily bank of this highly publicized Christian athlete. Ticket sales and jersey/t-shirt sales will go through the roof.

deadpres

everyday is caturday
Established Member
Tebow is a love or hate player. Not too sure on the Jersey sales..especially outside of Denver.

The Teebow pick was obviously influenced from outside the NFL. As any South Park fan would know, it is based in Colorado and has many references to the Denver Broncos. The Broncos front office obviously have seen the episode where Cartman starts a Christian rock band and makes a ton of money due to the ease of selling to the biggest religious following in America. Same thing with Teebow, they know they will easily bank of this highly publicized Christian athlete. Ticket sales and jersey/t-shirt sales will go through the roof.

You honestly believe that? :lol: Maybe they picked Tebow because Orton isn't great and Quinn probably isn't much better. :idea:

Detroit still need a couple of pieces on defense, but I really like the Lions this year.

As a Bear fun, I have to say that Detroit looks like its starting to build something dangerous. best move they ever made was get rid of Millen and put in real football people to run the team.

SLVRBLT

Such is Life....
Established Member
As a Bear fun, I have to say that Detroit looks like its starting to build something dangerous. best move they ever made was get rid of Millen and put in real football people to run the team.

Millen should be ban out of the NFL for his part in ruining that team.

It was good to see Barry last night, he looked like he could play right now. :lol1:

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
I certainly won't be. The guy was a winner in college. We'll see if his college success translates to the NFL. Anything is possible. I can't even tell you how many QBs drafted in rd 1 over the past 10 years, touted with better skills than Tebow, haven't put any kind of a dent in the NFL.

I can think of two guys that were awesome in College from the state of Florida that blew in the NFL. Danny Wuerfel and Steve Walsh. Tebow better learn to be a tight end or a full back, he'll never make it as a QB.

Users who are viewing this thread