NGK Iridium Spark Plugs?

fearthesnake

Established Member
Need to upgrade the Plug Since going more boost.

Is the correct plug the NGK Iridium part #6509?

Pricey boogers at 9.49 per plug.

Gap at 32?

Norton

Long-time SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
My tuner recommended NGK TR7-IX (#3690) plugs when I upgraded to a VMP 2.4" Upper, JLT 127mm CF CAI, CFM Twin Jet 67mm TB, and BPS Oversized & Ported Plenum/Elbow. IIRC, they're gapped at 0.030". They were about $55 for 8 of them, online.

fearthesnake

Established Member
My tuner recommended NGK TR7-IX (#3690) plugs when I upgraded to a VMP 2.4" Upper, JLT 127mm CF CAI, CFM Twin Jet 67mm TB, and BPS Oversized & Ported Plenum/Elbow. IIRC, they're gapped at 0.030". They were about $55 for 8 of them, online.
Interesting Norton, I've had 2 guys (Engine builder w/ Ford) and Tuner tell me to run the Iridium over the TR7 because of better idle and ride quality. So who knows, long as they work fine for you it's all good.

Wonder what the difference in the two plugs are besides $40 bucks or so?

Norton

Long-time SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
Interesting Norton, I've had 2 guys (Engine builder w/ Ford) and Tuner tell me to run the Iridium over the TR7 because of better idle and ride quality. So who knows, long as they work fine for you it's all good.

NGK TR7-IX (#3690) are Iridium plugs, also recommended by VMP. Should not be confused with BP7 (#3526) or TR6 (#4177).

FWIW, idle, ride quality, and performance are all excellent.

djniknala

Established Member

Those are Iridium as well just one heat range colder. The ones you mentioned are TR6IX. Most running more than stock boost run TR7IX at 0.028 per this forum and Lund.

Users who are viewing this thread