Nice BOSS 302 on TheSmokingTire posted today

3cRider

Established Member
Killer car! Bravo to the owner if they're on here! This is exactly how I'd want my BOSS if I owned one, well, maybe minus the wing since I wouldn't be tracking it that much. Nonetheless, crank your speakers because the car sounds amazing!

[video=youtube;pWE0_KPWXeY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWE0_KPWXeY[/video]

My apologies if this is a repost!

Thorpz

Established Member
Premium Member
That looks like a very fun road regardless of what you are driving.. let alone in a track car. good times in a cool car for sure.

smitty2919

Established Member
Serves more purpose than the stripes on your car. What's your point?

Ahaha. Ziiiing!

Comments like that of hyvltge make me shake my head and face palm myself...I'd rather have the Boss in NA form than a GT500 with a huge heat pump on top of it. With the mods on that car, it was built with a purpose. Most people just throw parts at their car to say they have cool shit bolted to it. Anyone can have money to bolt parts to their car...not many know how to USE those mods :)

Last edited:

thetastelingers

eyem speshul
Established Member
Just curious, but if you are going to replace everything that you get from buying a boss 302, wouldn't it be cheaper just to buy a GT and then go at it?

smitty2919

Established Member
Same could be said for a C5 and C5Z...but the C5Z has many more options than just gearing/motor mods. I understand lighter glass, lighter frame, better suspension etc.

This MAY be the case for the GT vs Boss...but I'm not sure.

Extremite

Established Member
Just curious, but if you are going to replace everything that you get from buying a boss 302, wouldn't it be cheaper just to buy a GT and then go at it?

It definitely would have been more cost efficient to go that route but I think a big chunk of it was just saying "I have a Boss 302" instead of saying "I have a Mustang GT."

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
Probably same reason as buying a gt500 and replacing the motor for one that can do 1xxxhp and going twin turbos.
Besides, the boss in the video is school bus yellow. That's only available for the boss. Not even a gt500 has that color. It's a rarer car than the gt500 too since boss came out for 2012 which has a different front then the 2013 boss.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I think it's awesome. Of course, I've become biased to large wings.

OP: How do you only have 8 posts since 2012?

Last edited:

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member

If I was going to do a build like that I would want a Boss because the heritage of the car adds to the overall appeal to the car. The Boss actually has a big racing heritage.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
That's a great video. A great tribute to one of the best Mustangs ever built. Thanks, OP, for posting it. :rockon:

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
I think my statement is clear. Looks rice. Never stated anything about the purpose of it or if it was better than any stripes on my car. Thanks though.
The Viper ACR has an even bigger wing, must be rice.
I guess the rice in it helped it clock over 1 sec faster then an 887hp awd Porsche 918 at Laguna Seca.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
The Viper ACR has an even bigger wing, must be rice.
I guess the rice in it helped it clock over 1 sec faster then an 887hp awd Porsche 918 at Laguna Seca.
Riceeee.

Users who are viewing this thread