Nike Air Shoes - Repair?

VENOM1

6.0MAN
Established Member
I recently purchased a pair of black air max Nike shoes and at the three day old mark stepped on a tack that popped the air pocket on the right shoe. I've read a couple internet posts about repairing these pockets. I'm just nervous about two things: 1. Doing the work myself due to having to take the shoe completely apart. 2. Completely ruining the shoes and making things worse.

Although farfetched, I'm hoping someone here can chime in on this subject. Thanks in advance!

VENOM1

6.0MAN
Established Member
Is the air pocket actually pressurized? Maybe screw a schrader valve on the side and use an air compressor after sealing the hole up with some rtv.

I don't know that it's technically pressurized but when I stepped on the tack a ridiculous amount of air released out of the minuscule hole. I'll look into your approach. Thanks for the advice.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
did you buy em with a credit card? some credit cards cover accidental damages to new purchases. I always thought about dropping a laptop or something but might apply to this too.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Take them back to the store. If they don't take them back, throw them away and get a different shoe.

08mojo

Established Member
Can you actually tell a difference between the shoes with one intact and one 'deflated.' If so, pop the other shoe.

SirShaun

Established Member

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
This is exactly why I don't buy shoes with air bladders anymore. I never had issues with the ones I bought before (ages ago) but I don't want to risk it. Especially when there are very comfortable, supportive shoes without them.

VENOM1

6.0MAN
Established Member
This is exactly why I don't buy shoes with air bladders anymore. I never had issues with the ones I bought before (ages ago) but I don't want to risk it. Especially when there are very comfortable, supportive shoes without them.

I've definitely learned my lesson.

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
I dont that problem with my crocs.
But, you're wearing Crocs...

Best pair of shoes I've ever owned. These things will last until the bottoms fall off or burn out. Notice the canvas style over the toe, these things show no wear. Treat yo self. I'll never buy another shoe again as long as they are making these. They make them in lows too, the highs are really not that high, more like a mid.

http://www.eastbay.com/product/model:255638/sku:20135010/jordan-1-flight-4-mens/all-black/black/

+1, I have at least 6 or 7 pair of Jordan 1's I rotate. The ones I buy are leather and crinkle at the toe after a while though, which I hate.

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
fixaflat.jpg

Will fix it plus then they will be Air Max / Air Force Hybrids bitches will go crazy.

coremaster21

Established Member
There should be a date on the inside of your shoes, near the size tag and all of that information. If the shoes are still within that date you can send them back to Nike and they will give you a full refund.

10splaya22

Established Member
I've popped it in one of my shoes before...definitely a huge difference. Unfortunately mine had been worn too much to return or exchange or anything like that.

Jefe

Established Member
Best pair of shoes I've ever owned. These things will last until the bottoms fall off or burn out. Notice the canvas style over the toe, these things show no wear. Treat yo self. I'll never buy another shoe again as long as they are making these. They make them in lows too, the highs are really not that high, more like a mid.

http://www.eastbay.com/product/model:255638/sku:20135010/jordan-1-flight-4-mens/all-black/black/
I like the low better: http://www.eastbay.com/product/model:260326/sku:44559102/jordan-1-flight-4-low-mens/white/black/

They comfortable? Hows the sizing compared to other shoes?

They are $50-60 on eBay but I wish they had more than just black white or red. Tons of options in the highs

SirShaun

Established Member
I like the low better: http://www.eastbay.com/product/model:260326/sku:44559102/jordan-1-flight-4-low-mens/white/black/

They comfortable? Hows the sizing compared to other shoes?

They are $50-60 on eBay but I wish they had more than just black white or red. Tons of options in the highs

Super comfortable. They feel light and airy. My feet have never hurt from them. They aren't too hot on the feet either. I used to wear Air Forces but Nike managed to ruin them. Last pair of those I got, they were so narrow they hurt my feet. These Flight 4s remind me of old school forces, medium width, just comfortable and not too crazy looking. The ones you are looking at have the leather toe, so be aware.

The highs really aren't that high. I might even have to order me that navy pair.

eng_pl_Mens-Shoes-sneakers-Nike-Jordan-1-Flight-4-820135-010-10039_1.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread