Nikon 50mm f/1.8d and 65 Mustang pictures

KaNolton

Rio Red Slowbra...yezzur
Established Member
Well I wanted to test out the new lens some more and since I came home from school for the weekend I took my 65 out. I hardly ever drive it anymore since I'm at school so I thought it'd be a good opportunity to snap a few pictures.

I'm pleased with the results!

DSC_0142-edited.jpg

DSC_0136-edited.jpg

DSC_0147-edited-lowsat.jpg

DSC_0168-edited.jpg

KaNolton

Rio Red Slowbra...yezzur
Established Member
I have that same glass...love it in Low light

My 50mm prime is my favorite lens :)

It hasn't left my camera since I've bought it. I'm going to upgrade to a D70 within a few weeks because I really want to start doing some off camera lighting and the D40 doesn't have commander mode built in like the D70.

awesome pictures. What kind of headlights are those?

They are auto-loc's tri-bar headlights with the red center.

IShb3w

Established Member
love the car man, 65/66 coupe's are a dream car of mine. i bought the 50mm Canon equivalent not too long ago and love it as well. Like you said in your other thread, its a learning experience to get used to the focus at 1.8, but when the pictures come out how you intended, it's awesome.

James Snover

The Ill-Advised Physics Amplification Co
Established Member
Premium Member
Great shots, gotta love the Nikon 50mm f1.8. One of the all-time classic lenses, and it is dirt-cheap.

Jim Snover

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Premium camera + premium Mustang = Super Premium shots! Well done, and I love that '65!

KaNolton

Rio Red Slowbra...yezzur
Established Member
specs on the car?

Its a C-code car originally. It was my first car, got it when i was 14 and it had a tired old 289 with a C4 and an open 8 inch.

I hopped up the 289 a bit but eventually yanked it out and built a 357W for it and put a 5 speed behind it. Beefed up the rear end with a trac-loc system and upgraded the brakes and suspension. It cams HARD. Everytime I start the car it puts a smile on my face.

The car MIGHT see a satin black vinyl wrap this summer if I get some time and feel ballsy enough.

I was originally going to go with a resto-mod theme, with a modern mod-motor with a modern interior, kinda like the SN-65 Project a few years ago. But lately, I think im going to go with a bare-bones street machine. But pushrod motor, big heads, big cam, big brakes and bare bones interior. Aluminum kirkeys, no radio, shave the dash and use all autometer products and just have a raw beast.

I have the cobra I can hop in when I want creature comforts, but with the 65, It'll only be a weekend car and see some open-track time so I want just a raw car.

Users who are viewing this thread