Nissan GT-R vs Corvette Z06 C6 C5

fiveo'cobra

Established Member
Look asshat, I was simply implying that just cuz the GTR went past those vettes, doesn't mean they where putting up a fight. Just like I passed a cobra, doesn't mean my car is super fast, just means the cobra driver was only in the mood to do 65 on the freeway. At open track events, some people are there to really squeeze the life outta the car for everything it has, some just like to be able to drive faster than they can on public streets. The vette drivers here seem to be doing the latter. The GTR driver seems to be enjoying the fact that even though he can't drive worth a ****, the computers just make everything fall into his lap. That's the issue with this car, atleast from my standpoint. It's no longer worth being a skilled driver. Any chimp who can mash the throttle and steer can whip around a track in this thing. Personally I preffer vehicles that are a challenge to drive, it's rewarding when hard work pays off.

Coming from a guy who hasn't driven a vette or a GTR OR done a track day. You sound like you have no idea what you're talking about btw. Just an observation.

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
Do you have anymore detail on Nissan inflating the GTR's numbers?

Porsche flat out called them out and even got a GTR to test. They were only able to run a 7:54 (vs 7:29 claimed by Nissan) on the same day their GT2 ran a 7:34.

On top of all that, Nissan's own got caught in a lie when asked what type of tires they tested with. One said shaved slicks and another said stock tires:shrug:

2009 Nissan GTR vs 2009 Porsche 911 GT2 - Nurburgring Nordschleife Racetrack- Automobile Magazine

Lankhoss

Established Member
Wow, what's the deal with all the comments? It's a video of cars racing, and everyone seems to be getting all pissy.

If this were a video from any other car but a GTR, would the comments be the same?

The "problem" with road course videos is that road racing is 90% driver, and 10% car. They're interesting to watch, and are more to show how skilled the driver in the video is than anything. I haven't read through the last 2 pages, since the first 2 were nothing but a flamefest.....but if anyone clicked on the link, the guy did say he has bolt ons on the GTR if that matters to anyone.

I think if you put the same driver in a Z06 and a GTR, he is going to turn faster laps in the GTR. It's practically like playing a Playstation game, with all of the electronics and bump shift. The Z06 (or pretty much any other car) is going to be a lot harder to drive. This is going to make Corvette, Viper, Mustang, etc. drivers have to really know their car well to beat an intermediate driver in a GTR. Of course, it will make that victory just even sweeter on the track when it happens :D

BlueSnake01

Established Member
lmao at how upset some of you monkeys are getting over a video link of a bunch of guys having fun and giving each other the thumbs up on a track.

I knew as soon as a vid was posted of a GTR actually doing what it does best, on track, the vid would get picked apart 1000 different ways as to why its BS.

But when a friggin STOCK HERTZ AUTO VETTE on ALL SEASONS 60fts and then PULLS AWAY from a GTR that was dyno proven at 460whp, everybody says to "not make excuses", "GTR got spanked", "the video says it all", etc.

You can't say all factors in the GTR vs. Hertz vette race were legit unless you were THERE and knew the mods, drivers, track conditions, odds, any problems with the cars, etc. You can say the same about this video. You just DON'T KNOW.

^^^
Proof that a lot of you are a bunch of ****in hypocrites.

+2 The GT-R is not the best car of the world but credit is due where credit is due. It proved Porsche that it can make a better car for half the price just like Ford did with the GT40 in the LeMans against Ferrari. :rockon:

Lankhoss

Established Member
+2 The GT-R is not the best car of the world but credit is due where credit is due. It proved Porsche that it can make a better car for half the price just like Ford did with the GT40 in the LeMans against Ferrari. :rockon:

Actually, didn't PORSCHE prove that the GTR is not faster than their own car? heh

16kOrBust

Established Member
Good.

I don't like GTR's, but I've learned to dislike ZO6's even worse because I've gotten tired of hearing just how shitty my car is compared to one on here everyday.

BTW pretty much any article you read staits that the GTR is the better road racer, so yeah it probably really is.

Also I'm sure all the F-16, F/A/18, and F/A/22 pilots are getting pretty tired of their jets fly by wire systems flying the plane for them, and they'd probably rather go back to using cables and hydrolics instead.

Yeah, because all of those pilots are racing their jets for the fun of it, just like the guys on the track.

younggun04

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
It's funny how everybody gets upset when 25psi posts his nutswinging threads on here. Whats the point? he's a f'in loser with no car. He will never even own the car. so who cares what some internet scrub thinks of it?. I'm sure alot of people don't hate the car as much as they say. But the fact that 25psi loves it so much makes them hate it even more. I don't mind the car and I'm sure it's fast around the track. But as a street car, which is what most of us use are cars for. I would hate getting beat over and over by pullied cobras and bolt on vettes that are 1/3 the price.

25psi

Established Member
It's funny how everybody gets upset when 25psi posts his nutswinging threads on here. Whats the point? he's a f'in loser with no car. He will never even own the car. so who cares what some internet scrub thinks of it?. I'm sure alot of people don't hate the car as much as they say. But the fact that 25psi loves it so much makes them hate it even more. I don't mind the car and I'm sure it's fast around the track. But as a street car, which is what most of us use are cars for. I would hate getting beat over and over by pullied cobras and bolt on vettes that are 1/3 the price.

I will own a car someday. Hopefully within the next 10 years :shrug:

younggun04

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
Whats a GT5 and PS3

GT5 and look it even has your "car" on the cover :lol:
gran-turismo-prologue-canada.jpg

PS3
_PLAYS3.JPG

SVTullio

Typical Vette Driver
Established Member
They actually believe a stock LS3, despite other factors, pulled a 460whp awd mid 11 sec car. Stunning.

I'm actually a firm believer of that as well. Long as we're talking about the same type of race they did in the video, which was from a rolling start in a straight line. LS3 should come out on top.

fiveo'cobra

Established Member
I'm actually a firm believer of that as well. Long as we're talking about the same type of race they did in the video, which was from a rolling start in a straight line. LS3 should come out on top.

Agree to disagree I guess. I don't see it happening.

BTW they went from a dig.

Last edited:

fiveo'cobra

Established Member
On top of all that, Nissan's own got caught in a lie when asked what type of tires they tested with. One said shaved slicks and another said stock tires:shrug:

]

I bet Porsche could run a 7:20 with thier car if the spent 3 straight months testing at the ring logging in thousands of hours of track time and data. You must understand how much time the tiniest little change to the car could shave on a 14 mile track.

And what GTR employee said they're running shaved slicks? I READ (not heard from a fellow SVT member) that Nissan did shave their street tires. Shaving a tire 17/32's isn't cheating in my book. It prevents the tire from rolling on the sidewall and beading off when really hot which causes massive understeer and sliding around. You're still on a street tire; FAR from a slick. Slicks have extremely hard sidewalls preventing any lateral movement or slipage.

I think Nissan just wanted to see how far they could take a stock platform. I mean they were there 3 months hell why not shave the stock tires and see what its limits are? Not like they were running Hoosiers with top secret turboes.

Last edited:

sonblue03

"non SVT owning loser"
Established Member
I got to drive a GTR that a friend got, badass car but would never trade my Vette for it...huge power difference in the straights, and not being a great driver I did not take any corners at high speeds, but the Nissan definitely handles well...Two different cars entirely.

fiveo'cobra

Established Member
I got to drive a GTR that a friend got, badass car but would never trade my Vette for it...huge power difference in the straights, and not being a great driver I did not take any corners at high speeds, but the Nissan definitely handles well...Two different cars entirely.

Japan has always had strict regulatory issues when it comes to high horsepower cars. Its a shame because I bet they could turn out some serious power if allowed to. Good thing turbo cars are easy to make fast. Was it Crawford Performance that did downpipes, exhaust, boost, and ecu flash on a GTR and made 560whp? I can't remember.

Jroc

Established Member
Yeah, because all of those pilots are racing their jets for the fun of it, just like the guys on the track.

Actually yes that is correct other than they don't race their jets. I've never known a Fighter pilot who didn't enjoy his job, or that deside to become a fight pilot soley to collect a check, and not because he ready want to fly badass planes. Kind of like most professional racecar drivers don't start out racing because they think it will make them money, they start doing it because its something they want to do.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread