Nitrous 14' vs 04 C5

cstone94

Established Member
So a guy wants to run my 2014 GT Premium in his 2004 Corvette.

He just started installing a Nitrous Outlet Plate, Dual Stage kit and I have no idea how big of a shot he's planning to run. He said he's just gonna spray the shit out of it and hope for the best. He doesn't have a dyno tune, but he has a handheld he said he's gonna pull timing with. :shrug:
NOTE: His car is not a Z06.

I've got a NX Plate Kit on my 2014, running a 125 shot and tuned of course. It pulls extremely hard but I don't have any track times. I have stock Pirelli's and just axle backs, no other power adders except nitrous.

What do you think will be the outcome, it will be a roll race.

This may be the wrong forum to post this in, if so, sorry in advance :)

BPatterson

Established Member
May be kind of close depending upon what he's spraying on both stages. If he was just spraying a single stage, you'd take him no problem.

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
Traction will determine the outcome. He who hooks first, takes the checkered flag

04compgt

Established Member
Let us know the outcome sounds like a fun race. However he is playing with fire only using his programmer to pull timing.

Molonlabemike

Established Member
How low of a roll? If you can get him in the 40mph range you should be able to get him. If you can get a dig race his ass is grass.

cstone94

Established Member
So a lower roll will be better? I've got 3.31's but when I'm spraying, I pull for days. I raced a 521 whp civic hatch that weighed 1900 at a 60 roll and put 2 cars on him easy.

yngrshr

Established Member
So he's not going to properly dyno tune his car?

You'll win when he blows his car up. Sounds like some red neck jerry rigging of a nitrous kit there by him.

cstone94

Established Member
So he's not going to properly dyno tune his car?

You'll win when he blows his car up. Sounds like some red neck jerry rigging of a nitrous kit there by him.

No dyno tune, no email tune. Just pulling timing with a handheld and using a 2 stage nitrous outlet plate.

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
so you put two cars on a 520whp 1900 lbs car... you know there is a little issue that is most common with fwd cars... its called no traction. LOL if you think that you will beat a 520whp 1900lbs civic you are delusional. anyways I know that this is a ford forum and all but the ls1 motor was once what the coyote is today but the only difference is that the corvette about 500lbs lighter. i would run it anyways but i wouldn't bet any money on who will win. i would bet my car on that civic that it would put about 10 bus lengths on both of you guys as soon as it gets traction at around 80-90mph assuming that the hp numbers were the result of some ricer math.

cstone94

Established Member
so you put two cars on a 520whp 1900 lbs car... you know there is a little issue that is most common with fwd cars... its called no traction. LOL if you think that you will beat a 520whp 1900lbs civic you are delusional. anyways I know that this is a ford forum and all but the ls1 motor was once what the coyote is today but the only difference is that the corvette about 500lbs lighter. i would run it anyways but i wouldn't bet any money on who will win. i would bet my car on that civic that it would put about 10 bus lengths on both of you guys as soon as it gets traction at around 80-90mph assuming that the hp numbers were the result of some ricer math.

Lmao... Steves hatch vs. Carson mustang - YouTube

No traction? You must not have read, it was from a 60 roll. He was on ET's too. Shut up and sit down.

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
haha ricer math ofcourse. 520whp and 1900lbs would leave a 600rwhp 3700lbs car blocks behind....

Users who are viewing this thread