Nitrous in a bag - any pics?

NorCalRedfire

Fastest NorCal Cobra
Established Member
Does anyone have pictures of how they hooked up the compucar nitrous in a bag kit? Please post them if you do.

It seems like a very simple install but I would like to get some feedback on install and use from those who have it. Thanks.

fryingricecobra

Crappyservice=Nocustomers
Established Member
Here is a pic of the N2O line coming out of my door and into my fender well. I ran it from the trunk under the door sill and into the engine through the door and a wiring hole in the engine bay.

You will see what hole I am talking about when you install.

I ran the line into the front of my filter.
I didn't want to cut the paper element of the filter like the instructions said.

Make sure you tighten the crap outta the pressure fittings.
Mine have busted loose before.

(I am by no means a pro at photos, so I hope these help anyways).

*edit* I resized them some*

Last edited:

VintagePorscheG

Old School SVT Poster
Established Member
Is it really that easy to add?

Mount bottle in trunk with line switch and it pumps right into the air filter?

What shot can you get from this?

I thought these systems where far more complex....

What did your setup cost? Does it work well?

How do you use it?

A's Cobra

Established Member
I have a buddy selling his nitrous in a bag kit, he only used it about a month on his s2000. He enjoyed the juice so much he upgraded to a wet kit so he can put more juice to it. PM me if your interested, I think he only wants like $325.

Silver 03 Cobra

I have the same setup. If you can catch Compucar at a show like FFW ($385 filled) you can get a better deal than their website. I mounted mine in my trunk also. But, the kit comes with a hand operated switch that gets power from the cigarette lighter. I bought a pressure operate switch from McMaster Carr to turn on the juice at 6 psi. I'm wiring mine in right now and hope to dyno Saturday or Monday. The kit is a dry kit with five jets. It is intended to be sprayed in front of the MAF sensor such as Frynrice has above. That is the excat same way I have mine. The kit comes with a chart. The smallest jet was for a 4-6 cyl engine with the highest jet intended for a V8 making 100 HP. I will be using the smallest jet. A dry system is simple to install.

NorCalRedfire

Fastest NorCal Cobra
Established Member
Thank you all for your feedback on this. I think I'll be putting in my order next week. Just one last nitrous newbie question. It seems like most people are using it in 3d and 4th and hitting the button at around 3500 rpm, how long do you hold the button down for?

HotRodHarry

Life is short,Live it up!
Established Member
When you shift from second to third...you are already above that 3500 rpm range...so you hit the nitrous button as soon as you shift...if you feel confident in your shifting..with the gas pedal to the floor..hit the clutch quick and bang that next gear...keep holding the button. If you dont feel too confident in doing that.....as soon as you hit third...hit the nitrous button....just before you are ready to shift to fourth...let off the nitrous button...then shift as fast as you can in the normal fashion of lifting on the gas and shift then ....hit the nitrous button again as soon as you are in fourth gear and hold the button till you go past the second set of beams at the finish..then let off on the nitrous button and then off the gas.

Remember...3500 rpms hit the nitrous button...whenever you get ready to lift off the gas..let off the nitrous button before lifting on the gas.....never hit the nitrous button when you are not on the throttle....throttle first..nitrous next...reverse when you get off the throttle (off the nitrous...then off the gas) Becomes second nature after awhile. Hard to type this....

Harry
www.HotRodHarrys.com

NorCalRedfire

Fastest NorCal Cobra
Established Member
Originally posted by LIGHTNING LARRY
I want a ride Charlie. :thumbsup:

You got it bro. Probably be a couple weeks. I'll be ordering it on Monday, then once I install it I want Byron to burn my second tune for the nitrous shot. Then, we go for a ride. :) :) :)

fryingricecobra

Crappyservice=Nocustomers
Established Member
For anyone that was wondering and asked:

I am running the 63 jet and went from 440rwtq on my first pull to 591 rwtq. I blew my damn line off so I didn't get a good read on my hp.

Hope this helps.
And yes its extremely easy to install.

Users who are viewing this thread