Nitrous on the five-oh?

neatofrito1618

Established Member
How much can the ole' Coyote handle? Would a 175 shot on 110 octane be too risky?

What kind of numbers/times are people getting out of their cars?

truebluedevil02

Captain Jackstands
Established Member
I know a lot of guys are running 150 shots, I believe on pump gas, its all in the tune. I think above 125 or something you run out of fuel pump but Im sure someone will verify that.

itSSlow98

Established Member
I wouldnt go over 150 shot on any stock bottom ended car and expect it to last. Soemtimes people do and they last but most of the time the rings cant take it.

neatofrito1618

Established Member
i hit mine with 150 to start then upped it to 175 and finally tried 200 once...best was 10.36 on the 200 shot with 1.46 60ft...auto 2011 GT... here is the pass

1036Pass - YouTube
Holy shit, 10.30's are hauling the mail. What are your mods?

I'm just looking to crack 10's in a 6-speed with just intake/exhaust and 3.31's. I can row through gears pretty well.:thumbsup:

ALLKHEINZ

Established Member
i did all the basic stuff and some weight reduction.....my mods were bbk LT Headsers, ORX, stock resonators and GT500 mufflers....bone stock suspension other then a panhard bar and eibach pro kit lowering springs...410 gears....05-10 gt front brakes to run racestar 15's....i removed front swaybar, did the bmr rad support bar, removed rear axel weights, removed front and rear seats and put in 1 RCI race bucket with custom manual bracket....i tried the boss intake but it slowed the car down 2 tenths N/A and same on the NOS so i put the oem intake back on but i think on a stick car you'll be fine...it killed my auto though.....i only hit the 200 shot that 1 time to get a number but i sprayed 150 about 6-8 times.....and the 175 i think 2 times...my car ran 11.77 best N/A so the 200 shot knocked off 1.41 seconds off my E.T.....i think if you can get the car into the high 11's N/A then 10.90's on a 100-125 shot should be doable....BUT like i said my car was an auto so the car did everything....alot more to the driver ability in a stick car...all i did was floor it and steer...lol!

Last edited:

neatofrito1618

Established Member
i did all the basic stuff and some weight reduction.....my mods were bbk LT Headsers, ORX, stock resonators and GT500 mufflers....bone stock suspension other then a panhard bar and eibach pro kit lowering springs...410 gears....05-10 gt front brakes to run racestar 15's....i removed front swaybar, did the bmr rad support bar, removed rear axel weights, removed front and rear seats and put in 1 RCI race bucket with custom manual bracket....i tried the boss intake but it slowed the car down 2 tenths N/A and same on the NOS so i put the oem intake back on but i think on a stick car you'll be fine...it killed my auto though.....i only hit the 200 shot that 1 time to get a number but i sprayed 150 about 6-8 times.....and the 175 i think 2 times...my car ran 11.77 best N/A so the 200 shot knocked off 1.41 seconds off my E.T.....i think if you can get the car into the high 11's N/A then 10.90's on a 100-125 shot should be doable....BUT like i said my car was an auto so the car did everything....alot more to the driver ability in a stick car...all i did was floor it and steer...lol!
Wow, deep 10's are pretty wicked for your mod list.

What did you run with the 150/175 jets?

These 5.0's are crazy for how cheap they are, they make the old 4V's look like a joke. My father just picked up a 2012 a few months ago but now wants a truck instead. He's offered to let me take over the remaining loan in exchange for using my Mach 1 as a trade-in. I'll definitely be walking away ahead of the game if I do the deal, I think I'm gonna go for it.:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread