Nitrous Outlet plate kit (wet) vs JMS progressive (dry)

KidMoney

Established Member
I hear a lot about "soft" hits but sorry no such thing. 580#ft Torque hits hard, whether wet or dry. The "soft" hit on the dry kit is engine related due to the fuel being added from the injectors before the N2O actually "hits". No way you're doing(unless tire spin is the point) either set up on the street, on street tires.

The soft hit is from the controller spraying 30% and ramping in. Where the standard wet kit is a 100%.

Debro7046

Established Member
Wow. You drove from NJ to south MS and now you have a non performing kit. That sucks. What was the final result from JMS? Did they try to rectify the problem? This doesnt sound good from a customer service stand point. On this subject, Ive heard nothing but good things from Nitrous Outlet.

Not really. They told me if I drove back down there that they would put it on the dyno to make sure it worked but I didn't/still don't want to make that trip again. So I have a useless dry kit just sitting in my car. My experience with the kit makes me afraid to use it anymore. Eventually I'm going to switch over to wet kit with a progressive controller to deal with the lean spike issue. I believe in another thread Shaun from AED recommended a direct port wet kit

Last edited:

cbrtrx

Established Member
Lots of bad info in this thread, I dont want to argue with anyone though. I've been tuning nitrous for 10 years now and have used a wet kit and a dry kit on these cars. I just want to correct one statement, if used and set up properly a wet kit will not have a lean spike on these cars. I've ran a 150 shot on a complete stock fuel system with NO lean spike. Now with that being said I run a dry kit now on these cars for reasons other then mentioned on here.

I say pick a kit and a good tuner that is familiar with nitrous and you shouldn't have any issues.

cmsnake

Established Member
Lots of bad info in this thread, I dont want to argue with anyone though. I've been tuning nitrous for 10 years now and have used a wet kit and a dry kit on these cars. I just want to correct one statement, if used and set up properly a wet kit will not have a lean spike on these cars. I've ran a 150 shot on a complete stock fuel system with NO lean spike. Now with that being said I run a dry kit now on these cars for reasons other then mentioned on here.

I say pick a kit and a good tuner that is familiar with nitrous and you shouldn't have any issues.
Can you elaborate why you settled on the dry kit and which one you chose?

cbrtrx

Established Member
Can you elaborate why you settled on the dry kit and which one you chose?

There is way more to it then the scope of this thread. The ability that we have now with programming these cars the dry kit just makes it a better choice for me but a properly set up wet kit will work good as well. I've noticed though that some tuners are not very versed in tuning nitrous and utilizing all the ecu has to offer.

Pick a kit and a trusted tuner and you shouldn't have any issues. These cars run great on nitrous, totally transforms the car.

CharlieR

Established Member
I have the JMS dry kit. As a matter of fact I drove from nj to JMS chips in Mississippi to have them install it. I told them I was coming from nj when I made the appointment 3 weeks in advance. I even called 2 days before heading down there just to make sure they remembered I was coming. I made it down there just for them to tell me they have no nitrous to test the kit after install. They told me that they sold a bunch of these kits and that It should work fine. I didn't get a chance to test it until I got back to nj. Unfortunately the line they use from the nitrous sileniod in the trunk to the intake kept breaking by the ferrule fitting. Finally got it to not break long enough to test the kit. I first tried the 30% initial hit ramping up the other 70% over 2 seconds but couldn't even tell if it was actually working. You can here the nitrous go through the sileniod but the car didn't seem any faster. I changed the settings to 70% initial hit with the other 30% over a second and Still couldn't really tell A difference. I thought maybe something was wrong. I tried to take it 2 different repruable shops here in nj and neither wanted to touch it. I spoke with Monty from JMS several times trying to resolve the issue but he kept trying to assure me that the kit was fine. I refuse to believe that a 125 hit with a 1000psi bottle pressure can't even break my tires loose. All in all I wish I had just went with a wet kit like nitrous outlet's plate system. It seem others had good a experience with the JMS kit. Unfortunely my experience wasn't so positive.
Very sorry and I hate to hear this. I've never heard the n2o flowing, used to hear solenoid click till I added an amp rack/wall. In either case You should feel it. If you want to try and you have a place and someone to ride(check if solenoid is opening) I'll try to help. Most of it can be with bottle unhooked/normal tune. May need to wait till I can get to my notes(Saturday, I hope). If it's still hooked up could talk ya through it with my notes.

So with a 3.31 gear on a progressive hit at a 60 roll, you still think itll break loose real bad? Ive ran spray only once, a 150 dry kit on a 95gt. Slower car, but at 60 it put it down on 245 street tires.
Oh @60 mph it should hook o.k. progressed. I was thinking "street racing" slow roll/stopped. :)

I have JMS dry kit installling it this weekend keep you posted
I know you had snow and such but next week? :) Also the knob should be on 1 like I thought. The thing is it doesn't matter where it is untill you change a setting. If it's "set" on 1 and saved it may need to be set on 7 for a different adjustment and that will not change the 1, untill/unless you open that to change something else. Example: I'm almost 100% sure the #cyls is accessed in the same place as the progressive so if you flip up #1-1 to on to adjust progressive and #cyls is on(but not actually set to) 7 you need to put it on 1 before ya save the settings. I'm not home so can't check notes to know if #cyls is truly on with the progressive but hopefully you get the gist. If you make a change make sure you know what else can be changed when it "saves".

The controller is too smart(for me, that's why I have notes and logs :))has many features that we'll never use(like 2nd progressive for T/C input, extra "switches" for rpm turn on, and a gear lock out) so it looks Simple but it isn't so.

kirbyg16

Established Member
I was always a fan of wet kits before this car. With the tuning on availability on these things a dry kit is amazing. My kit hits like a wet kit. With the 100 shot, I am on stock injectors and from the looks of things I could go up in shot but I need a driveshaft first.
The tuner is key. I use Tony Gonyon from Tuners Inc. He has been around forever and tuned some of the fastest Fords in the country.

Nitro Dave

Established Member
We have sold well over 100 plus wet systems for the Coyote platform. We have been very happy with the end results of our systems on the Coyote. I have personally worked with more customers than I can count and the end results have been nothing but awesome.

I am bias, but I feel our Coyote plate system is by far the best option on the market.
Dave

Jenkins

Established Member
We have sold well over 100 plus wet systems for the Coyote platform. We have been very happy with the end results of our systems on the Coyote. I have personally worked with more customers than I can count and the end results have been nothing but awesome.

I am bias, but I feel our Coyote plate system is by far the best option on the market.
Dave

What kit is that?

KidMoney

Established Member

Dave

What kind of numbers are the cars putting down? Times?

Graboid

Established Member
I like the JMS set up less a few things.
1 - would like the HP line not just floppig around.
2 - needs warmer?
3 - most of all I don't like the idea of a bottle not being secured to the car just skidding around trunk.

cmsnake

Established Member
I like the JMS set up less a few things.
1 - would like the HP line not just floppig around.
2 - needs warmer?
3 - most of all I don't like the idea of a bottle not being secured to the car just skidding around trunk.
Those are my same exact complaints about the kit. I spoke with them on the phone a few days ago and the answers I got were:

1. The line is ok in there
2. You will need a dedicated heater
3. Its designed for the track, if you turn so will it...

Interested as well. I'm going to be buying a plate kit today or tomorrow. I think it'll be an NX or nitrous outlet. Just have to make a final decision.
Let us know which one you decide. The LS guys swear by the N. Outlet products...

9secWS6

Established Member
Interested as well. I'm going to be buying a plate kit today or tomorrow. I think it'll be an NX or nitrous outlet. Just have to make a final decision.
I have the NX plate kit jetted at 150hp and it works/looks great and comes with the TPS activation switch. Install is very clean and neat. My buddy has the Nitrous outlet plate system on his 2012 5.0 and its very nice as well. He hasn't ran his car at the track but it feels great jetted at 150hp. Ive ran 10.66@116 with the NX kit with a not so great 1.68 60'(spinning). I do like the .125 orifice solenoids that come with the Nitrous Outlet kit. Heres a pic of my NX kit on the car
547450_10200198167054498_1222096334_n.jpg

59733_10200198134493684_939619605_n.jpg

Last edited:

Graboid

Established Member
Those are my same exact complaints about the kit. I spoke with them on the phone a few days ago and the answers I got were:

1. The line is ok in there
2. You will need a dedicated heater
3. Its designed for the track, if you turn so will it...

Let us know which one you decide. The LS guys swear by the N. Outlet products...

I can take care of 1 and 2 but.....3 that's just not right lol. Not that you couldn't make a mount to hold the bag.

Users who are viewing this thread