Nitrous Outlet plate kit (wet) vs JMS progressive (dry)

5PNTSLO

Established Member
I have the NX plate kit jetted at 150hp and it works/looks great and comes with the TPS activation switch. Install is very clean and neat. My buddy has the Nitrous outlet plate system on his 2012 5.0 and its very nice as well. He hasn't ran his car at the track but it feels great jetted at 150hp. Ive ran 10.66@116 with the NX kit with a not so great 1.68 60'(spinning). I do like the .125 orifice solenoids that come with the Nitrous Outlet kit. Heres a pic of my NX kit on the car
547450_10200198167054498_1222096334_n.jpg

59733_10200198134493684_939619605_n.jpg

116 mph is VERY LOW for a nitrous car, bolton cars run 120+

CharlieR

Established Member
I like the JMS set up less a few things.
1 - would like the HP line not just floppig around.
2 - needs warmer?
3 - most of all I don't like the idea of a bottle not being secured to the car just skidding around trunk.
The line can be run differently and secured with tie wraps, loom clamps, but mines been it there a long time. All nitrous kits can use (need) a warmer. #3. Agree completly. :) Mine stayed in place for the most part but I made a strap to go from the bottle mount to a hole in the trunk(where deck meets wall)

Those are my same exact complaints about the kit. I spoke with them on the phone a few days ago and the answers I got were:

1. The line is ok in there
2. You will need a dedicated heater
3. Its designed for the track, if you turn so will it...

Let us know which one you decide. The LS guys swear by the N. Outlet products...
1. It is but that doesn't mean you can't run it differently. :)
2. All nitrous kits benifit from a heater.
3. It's not that bad, it can also be mounted(board/controler and all) if you don't mind losing the "stealth/easy removal" factor.

No matter which kit you go with(EVERYONE) get a window switch also. :)

5PNTSLO

Established Member
Can someone who claims wet kits cause lean spikes please explain how they came up with such. Nomatter what the car will need the same amount of fuel to run safely, dry kits rely on the injectors where wet kits add fuel upon nitrous injection. The fuel pump is going to pump the same amount of fuel either way and will not be the issue, however I could see the small stock injectors having a hard time keeping up once the nitrous is added

CharlieR

Established Member
Can someone who claims wet kits cause lean spikes please explain how they came up with such. Nomatter what the car will need the same amount of fuel to run safely, dry kits rely on the injectors where wet kits add fuel upon nitrous injection. The fuel pump is going to pump the same amount of fuel either way and will not be the issue, however I could see the small stock injectors having a hard time keeping up once the nitrous is added
Not a "lean spike" guy but it comes from the fuel solenoid pulling the fuel out of the fuel rail before the pump can "catch up". Have not seen this myself but I did see fuel pressure drop off "at the hit" but A/F stayed safe.(100 shot wet).
If you "fear" a lean spike any boost-a-pump can take care of it.

Nitro Dave

Established Member
What kind of numbers are the cars putting down? Times?

After I get caught back up this week I will put some different examples together for you. I have one I can easily share now that was finished last week.

Jeff at Central Texas performance just finished an install on a 2011 GT Completely stock.

It based line 383 HP and 390 TQ

On a 100 shot it made 519 HP and 556 TQ

That means that he picked up 136 HP and 166 TQ

The install is super clean too.
Dave

ebrow21

Established Member
You may have more luck finding info if you search. I know I've made a few threads on here concerning my dyno numbers and track times on nitrous. Plenty of others have done the same. I have nx plate kit, jms tune.

12 gt premium auto, araid, o/r x, dss, race stars (275/60/15 mt's). K-springs on stock suspension. Stock converter, stock gear, full weight.

On the 75 shot it went 1.54 60' 10.94 at around 123, cant remember exact mph for that pass.

I datalogged this on the dyno, on my car, and saw it firsthand. It runs lean on the bank the fuel tap to the solenoid originates. However, it recovers within 400rpm or so.

ebrow21

Established Member

NoSlo5oH

Established Member
After I get caught back up this week I will put some different examples together for you. I have one I can easily share now that was finished last week.

Jeff at Central Texas performance just finished an install on a 2011 GT Completely stock.

It based line 383 HP and 390 TQ

On a 100 shot it made 519 HP and 556 TQ

That means that he picked up 136 HP and 166 TQ

The install is super clean too.
Dave

Dave,

Can you get hold of some pics of that install and post them on here?

CTPerformance

Established Member
Hello guys,

I will get pics of everything to Dave by close of business tomorrow. I will include before and after, install pics, and dyno sheet. The kits fits great and due to a few key items worked excellent. I will list everything about the kit that I think makes it ideal for the coyote platform. Also, I will include details on how much/little tuning was done to get the 2011 GT to where I did. The car will be at the track this coming weekend with me for a test and tune both NA and on the bottle. This car is completely stock other than the nitrous kit and tune tweaks that I made. We will be running it on slicks to help eliminate some of the driver variances. The driver is experienced with the new 5.0s and should be able to give us some solid repeatable passes. Once that happens I will get the time slips to Dave as well.

CTPerformance

Established Member
I know it took a little while but here are the pics I mentioned. I will add in a few comments on how things went and what were the more challenging steps. Also, if anyone has any questions please feel free.

I want to start off by saying thanks to Lindsey Meek for letting me keep her car long enough to do all of the testing on it as well as her participation in the up coming track day for the rest of the testing.

This is the car we installed the kit on. It is a 2011 GT manual with lowering springs as its only mod. Since the kit was installed, the owner has changed wheels and installed a sway bar relocation bracket so that we can run big and littles at the track this coming weekend. I will include a list of mods after the pics with the Dyno sheet.

IMG_2830.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

CTPerformance

Established Member
You can see that once the kit is installed it is barely noticeable. I say this not to imply that hiding it was the idea, but because the kit fit so well with all of the stock parts that it blends right in. This was a plus for Lindsey since she likes the somewhat blacked out sleeper look.

IMG_2818.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

CTPerformance

Established Member
Here is a similar shot with the engine cover removed so that you can see the details of the installation. The kit came with the N20 and Fuel solenoids attached to the mounting plate ready to go. The purge that we purchased was added before installation. A tip would be after test fitting be sure to attach the nitrous and fuel feed lines before installing the solenoids. Once the throttle body bolts go in which hold the solenoid mounting plate there will be little room to tighten the lines. The hard lines coming from the solenoids to the plate however can be installed after the two have been mounted. I started by attaching them to the solenoids, sliding in the jets, then attaching them to the plate. We used the 100 shot jets.

IMG_2823.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

CTPerformance

Established Member
Same shot with the cover removed. You can see how the system pulls its fuel from the rail. The kit comes with an adapter that goes inline where the cars fuel line meets the fuel rail feed line. This is - before - the rail divides to each bank. Since it is before the division of the two rails the bank to bank fueling is not changed. Since the coyote platform is a closed loop wide band controlled system I expected the system to compensate for the added fuel of the wet shot returning it to the commanded air fuel, however I didn't expect it to do it as well as it did. I think the PCM was able to do this due to the even distribution of the nitrous and fuel. Typically when using a nozzle style system the distribution of the added fuel and nitrous is not going to be ideal. It can be done well and on most older systems work very well, however on the new 5.0s if the fuel and nitrous is not very well distributed one cylinder can end up leaner or richer than the others. I think the design of this particular plate system solves this problem.

IMG_2824.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Close up

IMG_2770.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:

CTPerformance

Established Member
Another engine shot

IMG_2826.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

This is a shot showing where we routed the nitrous feed line. It comes through the frame rail along side of the fuel lines and continues all the way to the back of the car. Above the differential there is a black rubber grommet that we chose to modify instead of drilling into the car. Other than the bottle mounting bracket and blow down there was no drilling required. We routed the progressive controller wires through the sound tube opening on the firewall and with a little work manage to make it look factory and completely hidden.

IMG_2836.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Users who are viewing this thread