Nitrous oxide for 03 Cobra

opticzo6

Established Member
OK guys I need help finding a nitrous kit for the 03 cobra, does anyone know where I can get one or are people using the old kits.

Thanks

03DOHC

Established Member
Originally posted by opticzo6
OK guys I need help finding a nitrous kit for the 03 cobra, does anyone know where I can get one or are people using the old kits.

Thanks
We have a guy on here, Haveight13R, I believe he's using the 5115 kit and SFPH controller. He has the normal bolt on's and he's trapping 136mph.

Welcome to the site.:beer:

LunaticSVT

Fun with the Mammoth
Established Member
I have an NX system here ready to install. Just have to get the car. Wish Monday would get here already.

opticzo6

Established Member
Originally posted by COBRyan
What mods are done to your zo6??

My Z06 has and x pipe a under drive pulley, headers no cats and a vararam air filter, thats it.

So no links to nitrous kits for sale for this damn thing yet ??

Last edited:

03DOHC

Established Member
Originally posted by opticzo6
So no links to nitrous kits for sale for this damn thing yet ??
WOW. The car hasn't even been on the market that long. The 5115 kit, that I pointed out earlier, has worked on a few cars. A search for NOS or nitrous will yield lots of reading.

Welcome to the board.

2F2F

[2 F]ast [2 F]urious
Established Member
Wet? Dry? Direct port? I plan to go either NX Stage One 20922 or
NOS 05171-EONOS / NOS Stage I 05115-EONOS.

LunaticSVT

Fun with the Mammoth
Established Member
I am not going with the single nozzle setup that sits infront of the SC. I am installing the fuel rail set up aka direct port.

Why go dry? Dry set-ups may have more even fuel distribution but are dependent on the engine to compensate for the fuel enrichment. The problem with this method is no intake manifold has perfect distribution and this allows each cylinder to receive differing amounts of raw nitrous but only provides a preset amount of fuel from each injector. This results in rich-lean conditions throughout the engine, often causing engine damage.

A wet system introduces a homogenous mixture of nitrous and atomized fuel into the incoming airstream, thus providing a perfect air/fuel ratio for each cylinder regardless of manifold distribution if placed prior to the Manifold.

mjchip

Just Some Guy
Established Member
Originally posted by LunaticSVT
I am not going with the single nozzle setup that sits infront of the SC. I am installing the fuel rail set up aka direct port.

Why go dry? Dry set-ups may have more even fuel distribution but are dependent on the engine to compensate for the fuel enrichment. The problem with this method is no intake manifold has perfect distribution and this allows each cylinder to receive differing amounts of raw nitrous but only provides a preset amount of fuel from each injector. This results in rich-lean conditions throughout the engine, often causing engine damage.

A wet system introduces a homogenous mixture of nitrous and atomized fuel into the incoming airstream, thus providing a perfect air/fuel ratio for each cylinder regardless of manifold distribution if placed prior to the Manifold.

Are you going to run the new NX nozzle style kit?

My concern with the Holley kit is that it may impede the injector spray pattern. Looks like the new NX kit will not though.

Personally, the best system in my opinion is a direct port dry kit where the supplemental fuel is provided through the injectors and not an additional jet.

MJ

Users who are viewing this thread