Nittos and Chromies!!

jumpinjackflash

Established Member
Here's some pics of my new Nittos and AFS chromies. They are the 315/35-17 drag radials on 10.5" rims in the back and 275/40-17 555R Extremes in the front.

These things stick like glue. The car actually feels slower now because I'm not spinning all the way through the 1st few gears and shifting like crazy. I'll be at the track all weekend so I'll really find out how much of a difference it makes soon.

SNCBOOM

Established Member
:thumbsup: those look sweet.........post the #s when you get back from the track! and good luck

jumpinjackflash

Established Member
Originally posted by DSGSVT
what kind of exhaust do you have on your car?

Magnaflow with Bassani baffles. The baffles will come out before I go to the track tonight.

nj7703

Established Member
That car looks vicious!! That is AWESOME!!

hj16

Established Member
anyone know if those Nitto 315/35/17's will fit the stock 9 inch rims?
They will, with alot of bulging. And you can forget about cornering at high speeds.

coolcobra

Established Member
looks great!
how does the Nitto drag radials handle compared to the F-1's?
Also, did you use a spacer to mount the 10.5" AFS wheels in the back or?

thanks for your feedback on these two issues. I am leaning to do the same thing.

mike

GordsFord

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Jack, your car looks great !!

I also have a black coupe and just got the AFS 17 X 10.5 machined finish rims and was thinking of mounting the 315 Nitto's.

How does the car handle on the street? Does it still corner well with the Nitto's? I don't want to destroy the handling for daily use!

Gord

new2BIGPAR

Established Member
How are the Nitto DR's in the rain, or do you guys even drive your cars in the rain? I'm about to order the 10.5's myself and was gonna go with the DR because of how uch cheaper they are, but I drive my car everyday and don't want to wreck it. Thanks.

Got Incon?

Government Slave
Established Member
Why do people bother to delete their license plate when everyone and their brother can see it on the road?

Bingo13

Established Member
Originally posted by Got Incon?
Why do people bother to delete their license plate when everyone and their brother can see it on the road?

Some of the Ford reps like to view these post and there are certain individuals who would use this information to void your warranty.

MightyMo

Established Member
If Ford Reps did in fact attempt to void my warranty based on the information contained in this website, they would no doubt lose in court. Who are the certain individuals you mention? Have warranties been voided before?
The warranty is contract between the customer and Ford. This website and information contained there in is not breach of the contract. To prove so would be difficult for Ford.

lifter213

Established Member
Originally posted by Blue Poison
Looks mean.......anyone know if those Nitto 315/35/17's will fit the stock 9 inch rims?

Yes they will. And i've seen them in person and the bulge is not bad at all. There are numerous posts on the board of people having them on the 9 inch rim with no problems. If you do a search you'll see. :thumbsup:

Bingo13

Established Member
Originally posted by Mustangscotty
If Ford Reps did in fact attempt to void my warranty based on the information contained in this website, they would no doubt lose in court. Who are the certain individuals you mention? Have warranties been voided before?
The warranty is contract between the customer and Ford. This website and information contained there in is not breach of the contract. To prove so would be difficult for Ford.

There is a local '03 owner who had his drivetrain warranty voided (after submittal of the car for engine repair) due to information (dyno sheets, mods list, discussions, pictures) posted on various sites about his car. He is in court now.

Users who are viewing this thread