Nittos and Chromies!!

RedfireVenom

11 Second Vert Club
Established Member
Jumpinjackflash, do you remove the baffles because they hinder performance or you just want to scare all the other cars? I have them in my Bassani's.

Blades

Established Member
Could you get a closeup pic of the wheel. I want to see if the 10.5 rim bulges from the Nitto tire.

ygohome

Bullz
Established Member
Originally posted by jumpinjackflash
Here's some pics of my new Nittos and AFS chromies. They are the 315/35-17 drag radials on 10.5" rims in the back and 275/40-17 555R Extremes in the front.

These things stick like glue. The car actually feels slower now because I'm not spinning all the way through the 1st few gears and shifting like crazy. I'll be at the track all weekend so I'll really find out how much of a difference it makes soon.

awesome! I need to get mine put on too.

btw. do the exhaust tips rub the plastic cutouts in the bumper? I think I remember reading where you can bend the hangers a little bit so that the exhaust won't melt the plastic.

It looks badass :thumbsup:

jumpinjackflash

Established Member
Well, after a full weekend at the track and a few days on the street, the verdict is...

F'n awesome! No more tire spin. These babies hook up! Time for more power.

Granted, they prepped the track very well this weekend and it was hot, but I could not get any tire spin off the line. I lauched as high as 4500 and the engine would bog. This is going to make me unlearn everything I have been practicing on the F1's.

I ended up breaking out by 0.012 seconds in the second round of brackets on Sunday. I dialled in a 12.65 and ran a 12.638! The DR's make for an easy, no-drama 2.0 60' time launching at 2000 rpm and slipping the clutch a little. I could have run 12.6's all day long. 11's will be no problem with a higher RPM launch and speed shifting.

The handling on the street seems fine as long as I have about 28-30 psi in them. They do feel a little unsettled around corners with the 20 psi I was using at the track. No experience with them in rain yet.

I got the rims directly from AFS on eBay and the tires from a local shop. Everything complete with shipping and install was a little less than $1600.

I'm not using a spacer and the fit is fine. I plan on getting a spacer from Undy, but I won't need it with this tire.

Regarding the exhaust tips, I have them tucked in high and tight, but far away enough from the plastic to keep anything from melting. There is plenty of adjustment in the hangers.

I take the baffles out to give the car more volume. I can't tell a performance difference with them in or out.

Here's a post burn-out pick for your viewing pleasure.

Users who are viewing this thread