NMRA Spring Break Shootout

'03snkbt

Call it like I see it....
Established Member
me and the wife will be headed down also on friday morning. 3rd year in a row and its always a good time!!!:banana::beer::thumbsup::coolman::rockon:

This will be the first year for most of us. Glad to hear its a good time down there. Struggling to get our cars ready in time.

Senkak

SVT Poster
Established Member
What you doing to the ride?

Had a diff issue a month ago. Had it completely rebuilt before Pony wars.
After 2 runs it sounded terrible. Had it supposedly repaired again.
Reinstalled and still made horrible noise.
Took it to another shop and they found the actual problem.
Should be done Monday. That gives me time for some break in miles and testing.
It has been a big, expensive, frustrating PIA!

SteveG@Lethal

Established Member

We have teamed up with the NMRA for the 2013 sponsor of the Muscle Mustangs Spring Break Shootout class.

The event, which will be held March 7-10 in Bradenton Florida.

The Muscle Mustangs Spring Break Shootout class, is a heads-up, quick-16 format race that will take place on Sunday, March 10th, 2013. The Spring Break Shootout race will be open to the quickest 16 cars that run in NMRA’s TREMEC True Street class (presented by Muscle Mustangs) on Saturday, March 9th. To be eligible for the Spring Break Shootout class, competitors must meet True Street rules, compete in the True Street class on Saturday, and make all three True Street passes. The sixteen (16) competitors who have the fastest 3-pass averages will be placed on a sportsman ladder and will race heads-up on a 4/10 pro tree.

Spring Break Shootout Purses:

Winner: $800 + Plaque + 6′ Trophy + $600 Blow-By Racing Product Certificate

Runner-Up: $400 + Plaque + $400 Blow-By Racing Product Certificate

Semis: $200

Quarters: $100

Eighths: $50

Blow-By Racing Presenting Sponsor of Spring Break Shootout Class | NMRA

See everyone there!!!!

Hone03

Established Member
Can't wait for this. Driving down from Tampa in a rocking 120hp Civic. LOL.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Hone03

Established Member
It's about an hour and a half drive down from my house and the Cobra has lost compression in #7, it drives but not sure I want to risk it. Who knows maybe I will pick up AAA this weekend and cross my fingers.

'03snkbt

Established Member
I will be coming down on Friday! Anyone going to the Muscle Mustang & Fast Ford Open house Thursday?

I know that the group I'm rolling down with wont be there until Friday around lunchtime.

It's about an hour and a half drive down from my house and the Cobra has lost compression in #7, it drives but not sure I want to risk it. Who knows maybe I will pick up AAA this weekend and cross my fingers.

That sucks man.

Muerte

Established Member
I'll be coming in from Miami, but the Cobra will stay home.

Any good suggestions for a cheap stay over the weekend?

'03snkbt

Established Member
We're staying about 13 miles from the track and the rooms are $85-90 a night. I just don't know what the name is.....buddy booked the rooms?

Kiko_LX

Established Member
Good luck with the hotels. Last I checked all the $50-100 hotels within 20 miles of the track were pretty much booked. I got in on a cheap hole in the wall place, America's Best Value Inn, and it was still $214 for three nights. Not the best but I figure all I'll do it sleep an shower there and is only 8 miles from the track. There was 2 rooms left and that was a week ago.

I plan to drive down Friday from Crestview. Anyone else from the area going?

'03snkbt

Established Member
Good luck with the hotels. Last I checked all the $50-100 hotels within 20 miles of the track were pretty much booked. I got in on a cheap hole in the wall place, America's Best Value Inn, and it was still $214 for three nights. Not the best but I figure all I'll do it sleep an shower there and is only 8 miles from the track. There was 2 rooms left and that was a week ago.

I plan to drive down Friday from Crestview. Anyone else from the area going?

We're leaving out Friday am but on the early side. Shoot me a pm if you're wanting to roll with us.

Users who are viewing this thread