No 2004 Cobra

99GTP guy

Established Member
Is SVT not making an 2004 cobra? Or will it be the same as the 2003? I know they like to skip years and all. Will the next cobra be out in 2005?

I hear dodge is suppose to come out with a fast truck also to compete with the lightning. Anyone have any info on this?

They should put the viper powerplant into a truck. Now that would be bad.

I wander if chevrolet will come out with a new car to replace the camaro's or just stick with the vettes. It will be interesting to see if the vette's get more hp to compete with the SVT vehicles.

CANT WAIT TO SEE WHAT WILL COME!!!!! :burnout:

sorry....just excitied.

Peace~!

Dpres1

Every Man's Rival
Established Member
You should submit that idea (Viper V10 in a Ram) to Dodge! Better yet, put a patent on it before they............too late. It's still a concept, it's called the SRT-10. Should be out just in time to get smoked by the Gen 3 Lightning.

As for the '04 Cobra, it's not likely. I'd say '05/06.

99GTP guy

Established Member
That is going to be some cool trucks. So if the 05 Cobra comes out in 2005 it will be ready for sale and pickup the summer before right? So around July 2004 you can get one?

dspiel

Lurker
Established Member
There will be a 2004 Anniversary edition cobra, only difference between the 2003 will be the interior colors and some little decals. Its supposedly coming out this summer while the 2005 mustang should be available in the middle of 2004.

Dozer

I do not currently own a Cobra, but have owned a few. But correct me if Im wrong, Cobras are never released prior to there model year. I had a 98 Bright Atlantic Blue that I waited for 4 months to get finally getting it in April of 98. Ill be putting down about $10k as a deposit for the first Cobra that my local dealership can get for 2005.

95Proof

Established Member
Along with the SRT- 10 truck, Dodge is supposedly introducing a new sports/muscle car - the Magnum SRT-8. The concept version sports a Supercharged 5.7L Hemi -good for 430hp/480lb. The car is a definite go - will it retain that engine? Who knows. It is supposed to be offered with 2 and all wheel drive options. It does have 4 doors. Maybe it will be a contender on the streets, maybe it will be a dud - bring on the modern horsepower wars!:D

99GTP guy

Established Member
Supercharged Hemi? Now that would be cool. :coolman:

The cobra and the camaro and firebirds have always been very close. Almost the exact same horsepower. Im glad the new cobra has alot more power.

Maybe GM will come out with something now, and if dodge's gets into the game and brings out another sports car, that would be awesome.

Maybe a turbocharged and intercooled V8, GM? :idea:

08snake

Formerly 03snake
Established Member
Originally posted by Dozer
I do not currently own a Cobra, but have owned a few. But correct me if Im wrong, Cobras are never released prior to there model year. I had a 98 Bright Atlantic Blue that I waited for 4 months to get finally getting it in April of 98. Ill be putting down about $10k as a deposit for the first Cobra that my local dealership can get for 2005.

Obviously not. I purchased my 2003 Black Cobra Coupe in July 2002.

key2you

Established Member
I hear the 05 will come out in mid-late 04. I believe they will have 04 cobra's but they will be actually 03.

03CobraBro

Established Member
Originally posted by dspiel
There will be a 2004 Anniversary edition cobra, only difference between the 2003 will be the interior colors and some little decals. Its supposedly coming out this summer while the 2005 mustang should be available in the middle of 2004.

I beleive ya... but an 11th anniversery is an odd year for an anniversery model... Are you sure its not the 10th anniv, but they're just selling it in 04?

03CobraBro

Established Member
Originally posted by 99GTP guy

Maybe a turbocharged and intercooled V8, GM? :idea:

They already had a Turbocharged Intercooled V6 (Buick GrandNational's LC2). Made the LT1 look bad so they stopped producing it. :)

Also they used it in 89 TTA (500 mile pace car; not to be confused with the 79 Turbo Trans-am which iv heard is a real chugger), to this day they (as in pontiac F-body enthusiests) say its still a toss up stock for stock between a 98/02 LS1 and the 89 TTA LC2.

Wonderful thing about those engines is they respond as well to mods as the 03 Cobra does.

Last edited:

jumpincactus

Warriors come out to play
Established Member
wrong

Originally posted by Dozer
I bought my 03 Cobra in Sep of 2002. They are always ready the year before. Which if you want to get technical in my mind actually makes it a 02 since it was built in 02...........

89BIRD

Established Member
Originally posted by 03CobraBro
Also they used it in 89 TTA (500 mile pace car; not to be confused with the 79 Turbo Trans-am which iv heard is a real chugger), to this day they (as in pontiac F-body enthusiests) say its still a toss up stock for stock between a 98/02 LS1 and the 89 TTA LC2.

Its an highly arguable point in the F Body community.

Originally posted by 03CobraBro
Wonderful thing about those engines is they respond as well to mods as the 03 Cobra does.

Even more to free mods, but both love BOOST

Last edited:

TrueBlue'01GT

Established Member
Originally posted by Dpres1
You should submit that idea (Viper V10 in a Ram) to Dodge! Better yet, put a patent on it before they............too late. It's still a concept, it's called the SRT-10. Should be out just in time to get smoked by the Gen 3 Lightning.

As for the '04 Cobra, it's not likely. I'd say '05/06.

Nope not a concept, it has been approved for production. 8.3 liters 500HP 525lbs Tq damn, gotta love cubic inches, imagine the torque curve....:eek:

Last edited:

03CobraBro

Established Member
Originally posted by 89BIRD
Its an highly arguable point in the F Body community.

Even more to free mods, but both love BOOST

Always one of you guys lurking around in the woodwork on these boards!

I think the simple fact its even an argueable point is pretty damn impressive concidering what the car is and how old.

Last edited:

99GTP guy

Established Member
Originally posted by TrueBlue'01GT
Nope not a concept, it has been approved for production. 8.3 liters 500HP 525lbs Tq damn, gotta love cubic inches, imagine the torque curve....:eek:

dayum, I wonder which one will be faster, lightning or the SRT? 500hp is alot.

Users who are viewing this thread