No Apple Keynote Thread? Iphone 7 Release/ specs

RDLightning01

Young Svt Poster
Established Member
Watched the Apple keynote today.
Im sold on the new Iphone 7.
Loving the new camera on the plus and Finally a waterproof iphone.
Anyone else?
Iphone starts at 1:08
[video=youtube;Fr_HekO1N3Q]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fr_HekO1N3Q[/video]

Last edited:

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
My 6+ is still going strong, I'll hold out for another year I think.

With all the talk of "wireless" stuff, I'm curious what the 8 will bring, it's going to be 10 years.

bglf83

Established Member
Take away, if you have an IPhone 6s there is not really a reason to upgrade.

The built in touch screen failures on the 6 will generate apple some revenue though.

Watching streaming video with headphones will be interesting since charging uses the same port. All my quality headphones are wired.

oldmodman

Established Member
Headphone hole no more? Don't care.

I have not used anything BUT a bluetooth earbud for the last ten years.

Why, doesn't an I-phone have bluetooth?

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
It blew "pun intended" the Note 7 out of the water. Going for the Jet black myself. Hate white faced phones. I think they might have something big coming for the next one thiugh.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
I may use the Note 7 recall to switch to an iphone with no penalty. I like the note 7, but its not perfect.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
It blew "pun intended" the Note 7 out of the water. Going for the Jet black myself. Hate white faced phones. I think they might have something big coming for the next one thiugh.
Riddla, you’re just a fanboi :lol: Please explain what it “blew” away aside from the obvious :lol1:
In reality, it did nothing over the top Android phones.

Im interested in the camera, wondering how itll be vs the G5 and HTC.
It has the same water rating as the old S5 and Xperia phones but should still be pretty good, I never had any problems with it on the S5.

Wonder how DAC will be affected on the lightning port.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Headphone hole no more? Don't care.

I have not used anything BUT a bluetooth earbud for the last ten years.

Why, doesn't an I-phone have bluetooth?

It does have Bluetooth. It does not have the 3.5mm jack which most cell still have.
Water resistance to 30 second up to a foot or meter?

Phone did not impress me. No special camera for the 7 and the 7plus getting camera tech of the lg? What happened to innovative Apple?

Stanger00

Established Member
This was bound to happen when tech spec increases in the smartphone market slowed down to a crawl. Now, let's create a new product, wireless ear buds, and remove the headphone jack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GotHemi?

Hell Kitty Nut Swinger
Established Member
Im starting to believe the apple haters are starting to outnumber the fan boys. Strange how that doesn't translate into sales being that it's the single best selling smartphone. By far.

Last edited:

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Im starting to believe the apple haters are starting to outnumber the fan boys. Strange how that doesn't translate into sales being that it's the single best selling smartphone. By far.
So I take the transformer movies are one of the best movies ever made because they make a ton of money?

After Jobs death, it really hasn't done anything great anymore. Android used to play catch up in a lot of ways that iPhones used to be unique but it hasn't been the case lately. No doubt, it's still a great product especially for iPhone lovers like you but the innovative product it was once is long gone.

Still looking forward to try it out, pre ordering one for my dad as he's a big iPhone user. It just looks like they are playing it safe nowadays. Wouldn't be surprised if the next iPhone includes wireless charging.

2000gt4.6

Established Member

It's the "best selling" phone because if you want IOS you have to buy this one phone...

Android absolutely blows apple out of the water in market share, and it's been getting worse and worse for Apple. Like 80/20 Android/apple. But the iPhone is the "best selling" because Android gives you a ton of options.

And screw not having a headphone jack. Unless literally all you use it for is making calls Bluetooth headphones would suck. Nothing like needing to charge your headphones and deal with the BS of swapping the sync to em when you swap between devices.

Pretty sure I have different a set of 3.5 headphones in every room of the house.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread