No Cobra until 07??

Grey03

Established Member
I got an email from Ford about the new lease program on the 04 cobra and it states that the lease will expire around the same time that the new cobra comes out, which they have listed as an 07 model with production to start in Mid 06. I will have my 03 payed off by then.

BUY NOW or PLAY LATER?
PowerLease Puts You in the SVT Driver's Seat for '04 and Beyond

If you've been thinking, "Should I buy a 2004 SVT vehicle or hold off and wait for the next-generation version when it comes out?" - SVT has come up with the perfect solution for you!

The Ford Special Vehicle Team has launched an innovative new lease program called PowerLease that not only gives you a great Ford Red Carpet Lease deal on a brand-new 2004 SVT Mustang Cobra or SVT F-150 Lightning, but comes with a special twist: Every SVT PowerLease customer will receive a priority option on one of the first next-generation SVT vehicles to be produced. The length of the lease is custom-designed to expire at about the same time that the all-new 2006 SVT F-150 Lightning or 2007 SVT Mustang Cobra are due to arrive - currently scheduled for production in late-2005 and mid-2006, respectively. There are even provisions to shorten or extend your lease as necessary.

With the SVT PowerLease, you really can have your cake and eat it too: Drive and enjoy your 2004 SVT vehicle now, and when your lease is up, you'll be first in line to roll right in to an all-new, next-generation Lightning or Cobra - with no waiting! The SVT PowerLease is a limited-time program, so don't delay!

For more information on this special SVT PowerLease program, visit the certified Ford SVT dealer nearest you, check out the SVT Newsroom at www.svt.ford.com or call 1-800-FORD-SVT by June 30, 2004.

ZZ Rider

Dealer also told me 2007.

As someone mentioned in another thread, there is no guarantee they will sell it to you at MSRP if I recall. My luck they would try to get a premium out of me that I would be unwilling to pay just to have one of the first runs.

florida03

Banned
You got that right. I can just imagine
the mark up on the first run Cobras.
Ill do the same thing I did with my current car,
wait and suffer alittle.

Last edited:

Supernova

Established Member
Yeah, personally I'm pleased--that way I won't be overwhelmed with the feeling to trade my car in too soon. This way I get another two and a half FULL years to enjoy my car before I would even bother considering a trade!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I knew it would end up being an '07 model. Gives everyone more time to save up their pennies and have fun with their currect rides. :)

HotRodHarry

Life is short,Live it up!
Established Member
yep..that is good news! :beer: ....more time to build that other garage I am going to need :D

95rcobra

Got the garage space already. just going to be a tough decision on the New Lightning or Cobra. I had a 95 and 2000 Lightning and those trucks were great. the new Lightning is supposed to be 500 horses pulling along that new F150 body style. it should be some vehicle. now if the Cobra gets the 5.0 cammer with 440 or better horse that will be kind of hard to pass up. its good that there is plenty of time to decide and play around with my 04........

Later,95rcobra

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2004 Mystichrome Cobra coupe #????

gmynko

I like injecting people
Established Member
Originally posted by 95rcobra
Got the garage space already. just going to be a tough decision on the New Lightning or Cobra. I had a 95 and 2000 Lightning and those trucks were great. the new Lightning is supposed to be 500 horses pulling along that new F150 body style. it should be some vehicle. now if the Cobra gets the 5.0 cammer with 440 or better horse that will be kind of hard to pass up. its good that there is plenty of time to decide and play around with my 04........

Later,95rcobra

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2004 Mystichrome Cobra coupe #????

The next Cobra with less than 500HP would be a disappointment. Also, I hope it has a blower b/c 600hp would be so easily attainable.

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Hard to believe we're talking about the car we're going to buy in 3 to 4 years...... Okay.... hypothetical situation: say Chrysler comes out with an unbelievable 550 HP Hemi in an awesome new body style (which weights 3,300 lbs!) in 2006. Oh yea, and it costs say $36,000..... How many of you would consider breaking away from our Ford rockets to jump on one of these? A lot can happen in the high po industry in the next 3 years....

Grey03

Established Member
Originally posted by IronTerp
Hard to believe we're talking about the car we're going to buy in 3 to 4 years...... Okay.... hypothetical situation: say Chrysler comes out with an unbelievable 550 HP Hemi in an awesome new body style (which weights 3,300 lbs!) in 2006. Oh yea, and it costs say $36,000..... How many of you would consider breaking away from our Ford rockets to jump on one of these? A lot can happen in the high po industry in the next 3 years....

I completely agree with you, it has been said before and I will say it again, the good old days of the muscle car are now. At no other time could you get cars like we have today, and I am a big 60's early 70's muscle car fan.

It would have to be one hell of a car for me to split from Ford, even though I get pissed at the quality issues and other things, I am the loyal (dance with the one that brought you) kind of guy. This is my sixth mustang, and I can almost guarantee that I will buy the new Cobra when it comes out, but then again a 550 HP Crossfire would be sweet!

I also think about saying screw it and buy an 87-93 notch and drop a nasty 347 in it and buy a luxury car to cruise in. Oh what the hell I can't make up my mind. I have just become my wife!:whine: :whine: :whine:

caveman6666

V8 Ford, V Twin Hogs.
Established Member
Originally posted by 99cobraclone
imo the lease is a RIP OFF!!!

Agree. And if it looks anything like the '05, I wouldn't want one anyway.

DSG03Snake

Established Member
Originally posted by IronTerp
Not me, I'll never own a dodge branded car :)

§ilver§nake

Quiet Thunder
Established Member
Originally posted by Grey03
I completely agree with you, it has been said before and I will say it again, the good old days of the muscle car are now. At no other time could you get cars like we have today, and I am a big 60's early 70's muscle car fan.

I totally agree. :beer:

I was born in the Muscle Car Era, driven home from the hospital in Old School Iron, grew up working on them, and even learned to drive behind the wheel of them. Muscle Cars will always hold a special place in my heart. But...

We, my friends, are in the early stages of a Muscle Car Revival. It is true that horsepower numbers have been going up for over 20 years. However, it has only been recently that Detroit began shortening the development cycle and time-to-market for cars with HUGE jumps in HP over even the previous model year. :burnout:

The HEMI badge is back
The GTO is back........well only in name :dw: ...you know what I mean.
The Charger is coming back.

And Carroll Shelby is back with Ford. Please pinch me.:D

Users who are viewing this thread