No Compression in cylinder 8 :(

mach1Forlife

Established Member
well i got my mach 1 2003 with 67k miles on it.... i was just driving to the store and my service engine light came on... so i drive home and take to pet boys the next morning {today} ..... it threw out a misfire code in cylinder 8 so they check coil. plugs, nothing... so they do a compression test and this what they get....
1-220psi
2-220
3-220
4-220
5-135
6-130
7-65
8-0

i have only had this car for one week. and havent even driven 1k mile on it.......... my warrenty says 50% me / 50% them on motor and trans work ...........what to do..... and would could cause this to happen so fast...

Swetrid

Established Member
Usually will involve cylinder head/valve problems with compression issues on these motors. Ford updated the cylinder head for valve guide issues.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Sad to say, but if they won't cover all, lawyer or small claims.

mach1Forlife

Established Member
Usually will involve cylinder head/valve problems with compression issues on these motors. Ford updated the cylinder head for valve guide issues.
but do u think i could really do this much damage in less then 1k of driving it,,,, and i baby it all the way since i had it.... or they gave me a P.O.S

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
I guess the good new is it would appear to be head issue only on that side - so hopefully the bottom end is fine.

mach1Forlife

Established Member
I guess the good new is it would appear to be head issue only on that side - so hopefully the bottom end is fine.

i am taking to the dealer tomorrow so i hope they dont give me the run around.... i realy hope its the head.... i don't have a a few grand laying around to fix sumthing that should have been fixed when i got the car =[

Palmer

Established Member
do u guys really think i can get them 2 pay for all of it?

It's not gonna hurt to try and get them to. The only problem is they will probably drag it out as long as possible so you will have to decide pretty quick if you want to get a lawyer involved. If you've only had it a week I wouldn't give them longer than two weeks at most to decide. You need to get an outside party involved in less than 30 days for it to look best on your end I'd assume. Just my thoughts.

mach1Forlife

Established Member
It's not gonna hurt to try and get them to. The only problem is they will probably drag it out as long as possible so you will have to decide pretty quick if you want to get a lawyer involved. If you've only had it a week I wouldn't give them longer than two weeks at most to decide. You need to get an outside party involved in less than 30 days for it to look best on your end I'd assume. Just my thoughts.

what do u mean by 3rd party?

mach1Forlife

Established Member
........ if it is the bottom end what price i am looking at ? if it i get left with 50% mine / 50% there cost

Palmer

Established Member
........ if it is the bottom end what price i am looking at ? if it i get left with 50% mine / 50% there cost

That could go so many different ways depending on if they have a mechanic they want to rebuild it, offer you a salvage engine, buy a remanufactured engine from somewhere, etc. You'll have to see how they plan to approach it.

mach1Forlife

Established Member
That could go so many different ways depending on if they have a mechanic they want to rebuild it, offer you a salvage engine, buy a remanufactured engine from somewhere, etc. You'll have to see how they plan to approach it.

ok thanks guys... i well be taking the car over there after my nite shift tonite... and let u know what these guys say tomorrow ...... should i tow it there? is it safe to drive? 60miles round trip to dealership to my house?

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
It's going to cost you more at a dealer and they may only want to install a new Ford head vs a rebuilt one or having yours rebuilt. Regarding driving it to the dealer, that's a tough call given the distance. You definitely aren't going to be doing it any favors by driving it there.

Palmer

Established Member
I would avoid driving it as much as possible. If it gets trashed anymore than it already is then that can be used against you since you're knowingly driving it in the current condition. You're in a really tough situation man.

mach1Forlife

Established Member
well i tow the car to dealership... they r telling me it has 120psi and when i showed them what petboys had said about 0psi....... in #8 they said he dosent know what he was doing............ ant 120psi kinda low still ? they said it had a bad fuel intector thats y the light came on to make it misfire.... any help would be nice

Users who are viewing this thread