No Compression in cylinder 8 :(

Onslaught 001

Established Member
Is it driving better? Maybe even like it should? Delivering power in a confident manner that makes you smile? If less than that, its not right.

It seems really strange that cylinders 1-4 are 220#, then 5,6,7 drop off, and 8 has very different results from two different personnel. On my own (built) motor the compression did not vary more than half a pound between any cylinders. Error is one explanation, so is lying/covering.

Were I in your shoes, I'd be calling the lawyers and be ready to play hard ball. I think you got screwed. Maybe not with malice, but same difference.

mach1Forlife

Established Member
Is it driving better? Maybe even like it should? Delivering power in a confident manner that makes you smile? If less than that, its not right.

It seems really strange that cylinders 1-4 are 220#, then 5,6,7 drop off, and 8 has very different results from two different personnel. On my own (built) motor the compression did not vary more than half a pound between any cylinders. Error is one explanation, so is lying/covering.

Were I in your shoes, I'd be calling the lawyers and be ready to play hard ball. I think you got screwed. Maybe not with malice, but same difference.

:( ...I'd I got a lawyer what r the olds of me winning u think?

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
Did you buy the car from this dealer or just take it to them to get looked at? If you really have 120 in 8, that's a good thing, though it doesn't mean you still don't need a new\rebuilt head. If it's not this dealer than who is on the other side of this 50/50 contract you signed?

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
The dealer that sold is controlling loss by not wanting to take care of the issue all the way. You are gonna have to be a relentless, in your face, take care of this problem dick. I am just not picking up that that tone from what you have posted so far. It may be easier to tell them that you will take them to small claims if they do not take care of you. Make sure the small claims limit in your state will do that. If not, then you have to judge the cost of getting a lawyer involved. Many do not charge for the initial consult to see if they can help you or not.

luke1333

Banned
Established Member
Did you buy the car from this dealer or just take it to them to get looked at? If you really have 120 in 8, that's a good thing, though it doesn't mean you still don't need a new\rebuilt head. If it's not this dealer than who is on the other side of this 50/50 contract you signed?

Yeah did you buy the mach from a Ford dealer?

The dealer that sold is controlling loss by not wanting to take care of the issue all the way. You are gonna have to be a relentless, in your face, take care of this problem dick. I am just not picking up that that tone from what you have posted so far. It may be easier to tell them that you will take them to small claims if they do not take care of you. Make sure the small claims limit in your state will do that. If not, then you have to judge the cost of getting a lawyer involved. Many do not charge for the initial consult to see if they can help you or not.

I agree. you are going to have to go in there and give them a piece of your mind and threaten them or they wont give a care in this world. I work at a dealer in parts and I know for a fact that most people would have believed the 120 compression and said ok and been on their way. you need to make sure they run every test and you want to see them run every test. don't take their bs answers and run arounds. pm me if you have any questions

mach1Forlife

Established Member

its from a dealershirp

mach1Forlife

Established Member
ok i took the car back to the carlot where i got it from.... they run test it comes up misfire in number 8 so they go back and change out the fuel filter and i am guessing they restarted my computer cuz engine light went off.... i knew he was bs so i went to his boss he said if u dont fell my guy is telling u a lie go take sumwhere and have them check it and again and i can bet nothing well come up...and i ask well what it dose ( witch i knew it would ) he say IT WONT
so i took a nother shop here local in riverside witch what i wrote below

ok i i went to a local shop here in riverside, to get a nother check on compression just 2 get a 2nd look by sumone eles.... this what they gave me

1 - 170
2 - 165
3 - 170
4 - 170
5 - 160
6 -160
7 -110
8 - 70

they also say they found a code oil pressure switch b1353 ingition key open, and same as last time p0308 in number 8 again... so i am taking to the Dealership again tommorow morning and telling them eather fix my car or i well see u in court ......and he thinks when he moved my car this morning to pull it out it sound like it knocked from the bottom...... more codes r coming up when they run it and the CHECK engine came back....

Oink

Established Member
Be careful saying you will see them court, this is you giving them an out. Once you state that they don't have to talk to you again unless its in court. Second, if you bought this car under a 50/50 warranty program than that's what it is. A lawyer will tell you the same thing. Dealers do not buy cars to drive, find problems and rip off their customer. They are a profit house designed to offer cars for sale and make money. You had the right to take this car and have it inspected, including a compression test. Why would you do that, I don't know but I can tell you if it ran well enough to think there was no issue when you bought it then it ran well enough for the dealer to feel good about selling it. No dealer would offer a 50/50 on a car with known problems.

My son bought an 03 Terminator with a built bottom end and about every upgrade, blower include, you could put on this car. He had it driven 7 hours to get it here, yep bought it sight unseen ($25,000). He had a dyno tune video to go by and of course a mountain of pictures. He drove it about 1000 miles and dropped a valve in #1 cylinder. We did not have time to mess with it so he took it to our local Ford dealer who has an SVT certified technician (personal friend) and had them do the work. After a new set of heads he purchased and delivered to the dealer for install it was all wrapped up for just over $7,000.00. He bought it As/is! I do not think for a minute anyone could have seen that coming other than its a known issue.

Given you compression numbers I would guess your car has some miles on it. If I missed that I'm sorry but could you share the odometer reading? It looks more like you have ring wear with maybe a worn head issue as well.

Oink

Established Member
Sorry, I reread your post and see the 67,000 miles. If it was not cared for I can see issues with those miles. My son had 44,000 on his heads. I wish you the best and maybe it is something simple. I hate having a car down due to the unknown.

SVT_Cobra_

Established Member
This is really unfortunate but because of your contract you signed stating that any work done to motor/tranny would be 50/50 then you will probably be stuck with that. Let us know how things work out for you, and best of luck.

mach1Forlife

Established Member
This is really unfortunate but because of your contract you signed stating that any work done to motor/tranny would be 50/50 then you will probably be stuck with that. Let us know how things work out for you, and best of luck.
.................i took the car to them wensday and they took to there mechanic they said there r taking the heads off tomorrow and well let me know what they find..... i am thinking i am just going to go down to the shop and wait and see when they take off the heads for my self... i have been dick around to much by these ppl...

mach1Forlife

Established Member
well sorry for the SUPER late post but i got my car back after dealing with the dealership i dident end up paying anything.... and it was the Headgasket and now number 7-8 r both 170psi and runs Great now =] .... i have allrdy added bolts ons =] flowmaster super 44's off road x pip and plane on getting 410 gears... i eather wanna get supercharger or turbo down the road witch ever one fits my budget better =].... i have a auto trans how much hp\tq can stock one handle? and i plane on getting a better rear end ....if i could get help with my ? it would help a ton.... its my DD but it well see the track 2 mayb 3 times a month the MOST

Mach828

Established Member
F1s take a significant amount of work to fab up. If you want to procharge it, go with a D1 kit.

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
You need to do a compression test yourself. It isn't difficult at all.

Your numbers are probably varying because of the temp of the motor when they are done.

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
what do i all need to do it?

Bring the motor to normal running temp and then do the test.

All you'll need is a socket that fits the plugs and coil covers (Not sure of the sizes but Im sure someone on here could tell you)
Compression tester that you can get at any parts store. Think they are like $40.

And a buddy to help you.

Pull your fuel pump fuse first. (You'll have to check your manual or look online for which one it is)
Take a coil and plug out one at a time then screw the hose from the tester in into the hole. Don't over tighten.
Have a buddy get in the car and push the pedal to the ground and turn the key on for a few seconds.
Write your reading down, put a bit of anit-seize on the plug, replace plug and coil then do the same for the rest.

Users who are viewing this thread