no drone axle back

svtmassa

Established Member
I have the macs they sound great but at 2k on interstate they drone like a mutha

Whats a mild to moderate axle back with NO drone
Magnaflow street?
Borla touring?
Borla s type?

clc44

Established Member
My Kooks have very little drone, especially with the resonators. About to go off road X and long tubes. Corsa is suppose to be drone free.

evil281

Established Member
Honestly I don't get drone from my borla s type on the freeway. The fitment of the cat back sucked but the sound and lack of drone made me a happy camper. I have the whole catback setup though..

J_Roc

Established Member
I have Corsa Xtreme axlebacks with stock headers and stock midpipe. It's fairly loud when I get on it (will be sure I wear earplugs for my next trip to the road course), but it is absolutely drone free at highway cruising speeds (70-80mph). My suspension and rear differential tend to be louder while cruising TBH.

If I change headers or go with an offroad midpipe, it may end up being too loud for me. Not sure if others with Corsa can comment about drone with either of these additions.

Last edited:

DaBigBone

Established Member
Love my roush axlebacks. Will be ditching them when I go to an offroad H though

liter of cola

Established Member
im running the borla atak quad tips and the rest of my setup is currently stock... no drone at all. do you still have the stock over axle pipes with the resonators? I find it odd that you could get drone regardless of your mufflers if you still have the resonators.

2014 GT TP

Last edited:

nosscort

Established Member
MBRP has a lot of drone.

I ran Kooks for awhile and they had little to no drone.

My favorite combo I ran on my car was the Corsa. even Paired with long tubes and off road x pipe there was still no drone

9TMAREEE

Established Member
Ive had several axle backs and ridden in many different 5.0 setups. Axle backs with absolutely no drone: Gt500's, Corsa's, Roush(if you like loud and raspy) and Borla S types. Even with an off road mid pipe, Borla's, Corsa's and GT500's are pretty tame until you put your foot down.

svtmassa

Established Member
thanks for the replies everyone....

I think im going to look into the corsa, borla touring or magnaflow street.

I must be getting old!

liter of cola

Established Member
drone is annoying no matter how old you are... get borla ataks breh, I think if you get anything less than borla ataks or corsa extremes you wont be happy with how quiet the car is. as long as the rest of your exhaust is stock you don't have to worry about drone with these two options.

allicedout

Established Member
Honestly I don't get drone from my borla s type on the freeway. The fitment of the cat back sucked but the sound and lack of drone made me a happy camper. I have the whole catback setup though..

Exact same set up.....fitment is a piece of crap, we had to tack weld all the connections but love the sound and 0 drone. I had Corsa S type before that......
0 drone, sounds amazing but was way too quiet during regular driving for my taste. It only opened up after 3000rpm, other then that it sounded stock which is why I switched.

Last edited:

scott_0

Established Member
I have Kooks axlebacks with long tubes and catted x-pipe, while its not terrible, there is some drone there at about 2k

D1984

Whining
Established Member
Running outlaws with an offroad h pipe. There is drone lol

how is the volume compared to when you had the stock h pipe/cats? i have pypes cat deletes sitting here but i think it will be too loud with my outlaws, so i'm thinking about getting a gibson axleback to quiet it down

Users who are viewing this thread