No Eaton whine...Any Ideas???

Ochoblanco

Established Member
I have a 2003 Cobra Vert. It is pretty much stock minus a JLT CAI, Pypes O/R X, and Bassani catback. I am sure its running fat at the moment since it has no tune.

However since I bought it about a year ago, I have noticed that while in boost there is literally no Eaton whine. I know its probably not something I should even worry about but I have driven completely stock Terminators that whined like a 2 year old baby.

It doesnt seem to have any power issues minus a little bog out at low rpms (running fat) but at WOT its seems fine. Am I just being picky here or is there something I should check?

Any help or advice is appreciated. Thanks

-Chad

chelseadevil21

Established Member
I would recommend a smaller pulley(if it's still stock) like a 2.8 or 2.76 and a tune. It shouldn't bog at low rpms.

Ochoblanco

Established Member
I shouldnt say "bog" but its more like a dog at low rpms especially after I opened up the exhaust. It was fine before.

MoKo_03SVT

=]~
Established Member
yup...need to put a smaller upper pulley on there, and it will whine/you will be able to hear it, without even getting into boost.

plus, if you think the car is fast now, just wait until you add an upper + tune.....close to another 100 horses on top of what you already have. a whoooole new animal.

edit: also make sure your hood vents are open, with hood blanket removed as well, for max eaton whine

Last edited:

Ochoblanco

Established Member
I appreciate the help. The only other thing that I thought might be happening is belt slippage but I really havent noticed any.

Planning on a 2.8 upper, 4lb lower, posi ported eaton, HPP racing tune, new heat exchanger and swapping the Bassani catback out for Flowmaster AT's. Hope to be around 475 to the tire.

LSX_Terminator

Established Member
I put a 2.8 upper on mine and, even with the hood blanket on, it screams when you get into the throttle. I dont blame you for wanting it louder. Its the best part!

crazycarlo

Established Member
If it whines before and nowcurcmot noticing it is start looking for the cause. I don't think it should be like a dog down low either. Maybe you just can't hear the blower because of the exhaust. Put it on a dyno and check the numbers.

2_Screws

think fast drive faster..
Established Member
add in a set of longtube headers as well, itll make some decent power as well, id recommend the 2.8, nice ride man, she'll holler in no time 8)

MalcolmV8

Established Member
These cars whine bone stock. You have the factory air box and silencer removed so you should most definitely hear whine. If you have absolutely no whine as you say then something is wrong.

Ochoblanco

Established Member
These cars whine bone stock. You have the factory air box and silencer removed so you should most definitely hear whine. If you have absolutely no whine as you say then something is wrong.

I am just not sure where to start looking for something wrong is the problem. Next step is a pulley and tune from HPP Racing in Dallas. It will be on the dyno then and hopefully we can get an idea if something is really wrong (power numbers should tell us). I also plan on pulling a plug to check.

Users who are viewing this thread