no little Neon, no.

kaz109

Established Member
Transmission is junk in the srt4s, and the motor is not bulletproof by any means.

Good kill OP.

trans are the weaker point but not junk and the motor when tuned properly is very capable over 550+whp....more than 5 have been over 600whp for a year or so. I personally wouldn't go over 500whp if it was my daily but the stock block had proven itself time and time again

Tezz500

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Established Member
you are simply naive and uneducated

Transmission is junk in the srt4s, and the motor is not bulletproof by any means.

Good kill OP.

TRUTH!!!

Mexico is boring, i like to travel...

we have both kinds around here. hadn't seen this car before or maybe just never noticed it... because Neon.

most of the local "street-ricer" kids aren't all that bad. there's a core group of actual car guys that keep most of the others in check.

Yes some Chrysler/Dodge transmissions are notoriously bad. And I'm pretty sure the Neon SRT-4 has it's own share of issues in this regard, no matter how major or minor. But anyone who builds a 230whp car to 5-600whp and doesn't touch the transmission deserves whatever may happen (ask me how I know).

But now we're getting off topic. Lol

600whp will hold on those as far as the block goes, the trans I'm not sure of though, but they're light weight cars and don't require a ton of power to move out, it's just too bad they still are a neon lol good kill op.

Apparently I'm not the only one....

Mopar fan club is that way>>>>>>>>>>>!

Tezz500

Established Member
you are simply naive and uneducated

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that those are few and far between.

Remember anything can be fast just takes $$$$$$.

I don't see an SRT4 holding together with 600hp. I just don't.

Something is going to break.
1. It's a neon
2. It's a Dodge.
3. It's a neon
And
4. It's a Dodge.

Something in that power train is going to explode.

trans are the weaker point but not junk and the motor when tuned properly is very capable over 550+whp....more than 5 have been over 600whp for a year or so. I personally wouldn't go over 500whp if it was my daily but the stock block had proven itself time and time again

I like how you call me niave and uneducated yet basically say the same ****ing thing I did.... What a ****ing tool.

xblitzkriegx

Established Member
the SRT-4 bottom end is good to around 500whp. anything above that and its a gamble, much like 96-01 Cobra/Mach engines at 450whp. the trans lives just fine. the t-850 is strong.

most turbo swap stock bottom end SRT-4s are in the 370whp/400wtq range. they run 12 or slower depending on traction. the 500whp SRT-4s run mid 11s or faster depending on traction.

theyre not street terrors but theyre decently fast for what they are. theyre fun little cars. good DDs imo.

lockman

Established Member
A buddy of mine had a highly modded srt4 and it had around 500hp but it didn't last long that's why he sold it. But I never got a chance to run him.

kaz109

Established Member
I like how you call me niave and uneducated yet basically say the same ****ing thing I did.... What a ****ing tool.

Didn't say the same thing at all, if u think that you need to work on your read comprehension

19935.slow

Established Member
Motors are strong and the 03's had trans problems, but pretty much good after that. Cheap to make fast just like a cobra, and they don't need 600 to the tire to move so they can be fun cars and easy/cheap to modify.

While I had 5.0's, cobras, and camaros, my best buddy had a big turbo built motor neon. It was a lot of fun and drove it every chance I had the opportunity.

Edit: Just from my experience. The car went went 12.7 at 108 stock turbo. It pulled my 06 gt that trapped 115 vs the neon on a 100 shot by a car. With the hx40 with a canned tune it ran door to door with my camaro from 40 to 150 and I trapped 125. We drove the wheels of that car everywhere. I get why most people hate on them, but if you put some miles on them you will appreciate them.

Yes they have roll up windows.

Last edited:

itzl0l

Angry Bald Man
Established Member
I used to have one. Stock turbo and bolt ons I made 300whp, enough to surprise quite alot of folks. Later I had a 20g based turbo on mine, made around 350 whp. Went high 11's @ 118-120ish depending on weather. But there were (at the time) many many more that were quicker than mine....quite a few running consistant 10's....and done cheaply too. Very stout motor and the only real problem with the trans is that it doesnt like being power shifted, they break shift forks and shift selectors.

Tezz500

Established Member

1. It's a neon
2. It's a Dodge.
3. It's a neon
And
4. It's a Dodge.

Didn't say the same thing at all, if u think that you need to work on your read comprehension

Not going to hijack this thread but my reading comprehension is just fine.

different words.. same shit.

kaz109

Established Member
Not going to hijack this thread but my reading comprehension is just fine.

different words.. same shit.

hahahaha, you said you don't see them holding together at 600 and I said more than 5 have done it on stock bottom for over a year....That's saying the same shit huh???

You said the trans are junk and I said they are the weaker point but not junk...that's saying the same shit huh?? :bash::nonono:

Would be better for you to have simply said good kill OP and leave it at that then ramble on about a car and platform you clearly know nothing about

Last edited:

OneSlowV

Established Member
You must be butt hurt over a little mopar. Yep safe to say you got smashed by one before. The Chrysler cars hold up just fine tranny and all. Ask me how i know ;)

Tezz500

Established Member
hahahaha, you said you don't see them holding together at 600 and I said more than 5 have done it on stock bottom for over a year....That's saying the same shit huh???

You said the trans are junk and I said they are the weaker point but not junk...that's saying the same shit huh?? :bash::nonono:

Would be better for you to have simply said good kill OP and leave it at that then ramble on about a car and platform you clearly know nothing about

I stand by my Statement and hold the rest of this threads 1st page Agreeing with me about Chrysler having Zero Clue about building a quality Transmission.

I makes total sense now seeing as you are an SRT4 owner. I get that. Defending the brand. Ive owner Mopars… And I will never own another one.

you say FIVE :rolleyes: ….. have "been over 600hp for a year" really… thats just fabulous….. considering 25,000 were made…… wtf man… one hell of a ratio….

Anyways… Great Kill OP..Its a shock you won since apparently the SRT4 is equipped with a boss intake and is a ****ing rocket ship….

Tezz500

Established Member
You must be butt hurt over a little mopar. Yep safe to say you got smashed by one before. The Chrysler cars hold up just fine tranny and all. Ask me how i know ;)

Im just calling them for what they are. Maybe Dodge has upped its game… But back in the late 90s early 2000s… they were selling a shit product with a shit business model. ask me how I know.

OneSlowV

Established Member
Nobody cares what you know. You said you would never own another Mopar product. Then why are you still bitching about their cars? Iv'e owned two rams and two SRT8s not one problem with any of the cars or trucks. Maybe you are just hard on cars don't know when to maintain a car lmao.

Tezz500

Established Member
Nobody cares what you know. You said you would never own another Mopar product. Then why are you still bitching about their cars? Iv'e owned two rams and two SRT8s not one problem with any of the cars or trucks. Maybe you are just hard on cars don't know when to maintain a car lmao.

My 93 Lightning Ive had for 8 years. Oil Changed every 5k(synthetic) Runs like the day it came outta the factory.
My Shelby Gets Redline Engine Oil and Amsoil in the Trans and Rear.
My Explorer gets Regular 3000 Mile Services
My 96 Mustang GT had PI heads and intake, 4.10 rears and ran great till I traded it in on the 08 Shelby GT500.

I did Regular Service and Maint on my Garbage ass Neon
and My Dakota R/T as well.

Both were subpar vehicles compared to my Fords.

Its all good. I used to do the same thing.. was in denial…
I ran the R/T hard yes but It had more issues then any of my Fords and I beat them Like they owe me money.

Pics of said R/T

CB84CDFE-9940-4EEE-9A70-B5FF54DEDA26_zpsgbgfv1c1.jpg

EF6E5269-2C56-4547-B6A6-2FBC7F0FBC5C_zpszrkyikvg.jpg

What pissed me off was when i looked up under neath the Lightning and The R/T with both up on the Lift… from underneath you could see the work and effort SVT put into the L

The Dodge? it was like they said "lets toss some Ram parts in a Dakota and see how many we can sell!"

Last edited:

OneSlowV

Established Member
The lighting was built for speed vs a light duty pickup lol. I could see the L being built better for what it was mint to do. My 03 ram hemi had 190k on it did not use oil or leak transmission shifted great. My cummins was a 06 mega cab 6spd. No much you can say about the truck expect it was bullet proof compared to my 6.0 stroker. 07 charger srt8 yeah that car hurt alot of camaro and mustang feelings when i had it solid car no problems. And finally my 12 charger build quality and interior is top notch on the new mopars. To me better than the CTS-V my 5.0 and my late GT500 i had have given me no problems ether.

zacmustang03

Established Member

1. It's a neon
2. It's a Dodge.
3. It's a neon
And
4. It's a Dodge.

hahaha +1

Users who are viewing this thread