no little Neon, no.

Tezz500

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Established Member
The lighting was built for speed vs a light duty pickup lol. I could see the L being built better for what it was mint to do. My 03 ram hemi had 190k on it did not use oil or leak transmission shifted great. My cummins was a 06 mega cab 6spd. No much you can say about the truck expect it was bullet proof compared to my 6.0 stroker. 07 charger srt8 yeah that car hurt alot of camaro and mustang feelings when i had it solid car no problems. And finally my 12 charger build quality and interior is top notch on the new mopars. To me better than the CTS-V my 5.0 and my late GT500 i had have given me no problems ether.

And I understand that. Completely. What Im getting at.. is were talking about modifying a Car.

an SRT4. 215-230hp base. trying to say its going to handle 600HP and stay together.. Im calling serious bullshit on that. somewhere in that power train its going to go boom.

FYI the Dakota R/T was Build to compete with the Lightning.
and what was Fords Response?
SVT said **** YOUUUUUUU
smokey.jpg

Last edited:

ArmedSuspect

destroy everything
Established Member
having owned several dodge / Chrysler products... their transmissions are shit! anyone that's even debating that has blinders on.

first thing I did to my current Cummins truck was a slight trans upgrade.

OneSlowV

Established Member
Then dodge finally came out with a real truck to compete. The srt10 said FU right back lol

Kyle_KleinSS

Established Member
I agree with the trans statement. I have about 5 friends with cummins trucks and they all have had to rebuild the trans. Not to mention the build quality sucks. Might be better on the newer cars, but they didnt make the phrase dodge makes it cummins breaks it for nothing. And my other buddies dads 03 1500 ram went through 3 trans and one rear end in the 90k miles they had it. No bueno imo

Last edited:

Tezz500

Established Member
having owned several dodge / Chrysler products... their transmissions are shit! anyone that's even debating that has blinders on.

first thing I did to my current Cummins truck was a slight trans upgrade.

+65000

As for the the SRT 10... Again... Spare parts laying around.. Let's throw them in a truck and see if we can sell um.

OneSlowV

Established Member
They sold very good. Badass truck whats not to love about a v10 and tremec 6spd in a tuck lol.

kaz109

Established Member
I stand by my Statement and hold the rest of this threads 1st page Agreeing with me about Chrysler having Zero Clue about building a quality Transmission.

I makes total sense now seeing as you are an SRT4 owner. I get that. Defending the brand. Ive owner Mopars… And I will never own another one.

you say FIVE :rolleyes: ….. have "been over 600hp for a year" really… thats just fabulous….. considering 25,000 were made…… wtf
man… one hell of a ratio….

Anyways… Great Kill OP..Its a shock you won since apparently the SRT4 is equipped with a boss intake and is a ****ing rocket ship….

You can't be this naive lol....not everybody has the funds to build a 600hp car, not everybody buys the car just to build a 600hp car and lastly not everybody builds to that level on a stock block, they build the correct way from the start but that does not mean the motor hasn't handle the numbers you questioned. Which is why I sad only 5 have been over 600 on a stock bottom. Just stop now man you are exposing how littlegou actually know and how uneducated your comments are.

Tezz500

Established Member
You can't be this naive lol....not everybody has the funds to build a 600hp car, not everybody buys the car just to build a 600hp car and lastly not everybody builds to that level on a stock block, they build the correct way from the start but that does not mean the motor hasn't handle the numbers you questioned. Which is why I sad only 5 have been over 600 on a stock bottom. Just stop now man you are exposing how littlegou actually know and how uneducated your comments are.

Everyone else in this thread save for one other Mopar Ball licker has agreed with my statements. I'll let it rest on its merits. I have nothing more to say about Chryslers "impeccable" reputation regarding quality transmissions....

kaz109

Established Member
I stand by my Statement and hold the rest of this threads 1st page Agreeing with me about Chrysler having Zero Clue about building a quality Transmission.

I makes total sense now seeing as you are an SRT4 owner. I get that. Defending the brand. Ive owner Mopars… And I will never own another one.

you say FIVE :rolleyes: ….. have "been over 600hp for a year" really… thats just fabulous….. considering 25,000 were made…… wtf man… one hell of a ratio….

Anyways… Great Kill OP..Its a shock you won since apparently the SRT4 is equipped with a boss intake and is a ****ing rocket ship….

I also like the last part of this post when you say that its a rocketship and throwing in the played out boss IM otherwise implying that everybody who had said that you are wrong about the motor holding up its saying that the neon is unbeatable.....so show me where ppl are saying this car is a rocketship ? and you said you're reading comprehension was fine hahahahahahahaha. Now it makes sense why you had such a hard time understanding and replying in the thread I made a couple days ago

Sick03Vert

Banned
you are simply naive and uneducated

x65000, and I rarely agree with you. But the World Engine is a damn good power plant. So good, in fact, that it was also used in the PT Cruiser GT and the Caliber SRT-4.

My brother actually owned a Caliber SRT-4 that made ridiculous power and put the hurt on more than a few V8 Mustangs, Challengers, and Camaros. That car was ridiculous with about $4k or less in parts put in it, and it NEVER had a mechanical issue despite him driving the shit out of it everywhere he went.

Good story and good kill OP.

Elwood617

Established Member
The Neon maybe gone for now, they are easily scared but will come back in greater numbers, we must go.. Nice kill BTW.

Ha, that was awesome :)

i get a thumbs up fly-by and we both take the next exit. SRT goes his way and i go mine. thanks dude for at last giving it a shot. respect!

Well written story, I enjoyed it. Nice races :)

They sold very good. Badass truck whats not to love about a v10 and tremec 6spd in a tuck lol.

Since you asked, not a fan of the styling or the sound. I prefer the look of the lightning, and the sound of a V8 :)

Tezz500

Established Member
I also like the last part of this post when you say that its a rocketship and throwing in the played out boss IM otherwise implying that everybody who had said that you are wrong about the motor holding up its saying that the neon is unbeatable.....so show me where ppl are saying this car is a rocketship ? and you said you're reading comprehension was fine hahahahahahahaha. Now it makes sense why you had such a hard time understanding and replying in the thread I made a couple days ago

I never mentioned anything about engine components failing hotrod. Focus has been on the tranny.

Try to keep up

Tezz500

Established Member
x65000, and I rarely agree with you. But the World Engine is a damn good power plant. So good, in fact, that it was also used in the PT Cruiser GT and the Caliber SRT-4.

My brother actually owned a Caliber SRT-4 that made ridiculous power and put the hurt on more than a few V8 Mustangs, Challengers, and Camaros. That car was ridiculous with about $4k or less in parts put in it, and it NEVER had a mechanical issue despite him driving the shit out of it everywhere he went.

4k in parts? Did that include the $1500 mid pipe?

You are the last person that should be spouting numbers with your $35000 03 Cobra sales. GTFO.

LSscrubs.com is in need of new members.

BlueSnake01

Established Member

The Skittles engine and the Caliber engine are two different engines…….

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
The hell is going on in here?

Complaints about Dogde tranmissions from the 90's and early 2000's?

How do they compare to the transmissions in the current mustang and Focus thats giving people problems:poke:

Don't get me started on the problems my Mustang gave me compared to my Charger...

Last edited:

Tezz500

Established Member
The hell is going on in here?

Complaints about Dogde tranmissions from the 90's and early 2000's?

How do they compare to the transmissions in the current mustang and Focus thats giving people problems:poke:

Don't get me started on the problems my Mustang gave me compared to my Charger...

Ya SEE?? Now THATS how a Mopar Man Fires Back on a Ford Forum!!

Gravik

Established Member
the SRT-4 bottom end is good to around 500whp. anything above that and its a gamble, much like 96-01 Cobra/Mach engines at 450whp. the trans lives just fine. the t-850 is strong.

most turbo swap stock bottom end SRT-4s are in the 370whp/400wtq range. they run 12 or slower depending on traction. the 500whp SRT-4s run mid 11s or faster depending on traction.

theyre not street terrors but theyre decently fast for what they are. theyre fun little cars. good DDs imo.

There's a stock turbo E85 SRT around here that runs 11.3 @ 127.

Users who are viewing this thread