Votes: 29 33.7%
  • NO

Votes: 57 66.3%

• Total voters

1993cobramustan

P'O'd SVT POSTER
Established Member
Really- I Don't Care!!!!!!

:beer: :beer: :beer: Hi guys...I think we all better take a cold shower on this.....When I committed to the new 07 Cobra as a Powerlease customer in 2004, all I was expecting was an improvement in the 2004 Cobra, mainly fit and finish and a much better design.....Lo and behold it is going to be a Shelby GT500, and officially registered with the Shelby Club......Yes it could have been better, and Yes, SVT did the normal cost-cutting not-as-nice as the concept car, BUT, WHO CARES!!!!! I will be getting a car that looks better than the 2004, has more power, and a Shelby Badge....I don't care if the car has crap hood scoops, and other deletions from the show car....It is just another progression of the SVT Cobra lines from the Past, with some new twists, plus the Shelby pedigree....RELAX GUYS, down a few brews, and get on with the rest of your lives...........I would be worrying more about how much the gas is going to cost that we put in the Shelby, than how it looks.....It is an improvement over the previous series Cobras, as all the succeeding models are, that's all,....... no more no less................

Last edited:

03CobraBro

Established Member
1993cobramustan said:
I will be getting a car that looks better than the 2004

I'll give you interior... Exterior... thats up for debate IMO. I think the stripes look kind of tacky if they're anything but black or white.

Last edited:

Ken

1993cobramustan said:
:beer: :beer: :beer: Hi guys...I think we all better take a cold shower on this.....When I committed to the new 07 Cobra as a Powerlease customer in 2004, all I was expecting was an improvement in the 2004 Cobra, mainly fit and finish and a much better design.....Lo and behold it is going to be a Shelby GT500, and officially registered with the Shelby Club......Yes it could have been better, and Yes, SVT did the normal cost-cutting not-as-nice as the concept car, BUT, WHO CARES!!!!! I will be getting a car that looks better than the 2004, has more power, and a Shelby Badge....I don't care if the car has crap hood scoops, and other deletions from the show car....It is just another progression of the SVT Cobra lines from the Past, with some new twists, plus the Shelby pedigree....RELAX GUYS, down a few brews, and get on with the rest of your lives...........I would be worrying more about how much the gas is going to cost that we put in the Shelby, than how it looks.....It is an improvement over the previous series Cobras, as all the succeeding models are, that's all,....... no more no less................

I agree too, i'm still on the list. If u don't like......don't buy it,,,gezzz, im so tired of the cry babies boohooing in this forum. Drive your little Terminator "that looks like a Cavaliar w/body kit" and quit bitching about Svt this Svt that... :cryying: whah! i feel much better now. King of the Road is coming to town, Terminator beware! Cya soon in the reveiw mirror of my GT500 getting smaller and smaller. :burnout:

Last edited by a moderator:
PetuniaGT40 said:
I agree too, i'm still on the list. If u don't like......don't buy it,,,gezzz, im so tired of the cry babies boohooing in this forum. Drive your little Terminator "that looks like a Cavaliar w/body kit" and quit bitching about Svt this Svt that... :cryying: whah! i feel much better now. King of the Road is coming to town, Terminator beware! Cya soon in the reveiw mirror of my GT500 getting smaller and smaller. :burnout:

You my friend...ARE OUT OF YOUR MIND......You need more HP to move that moose! Maybe you will have 50,000 grand to dump....That leaves me 20 grand to mod!!!!

Skywarp

Established Member
03soniccobra01 said:
You my friend...ARE OUT OF YOUR MIND......You need more HP to move that moose! Maybe you will have 50,000 grand to dump....That leaves me 20 grand to mod!!!!
+2 on that one. I still wouldn't entertain the idea of this car if I owned a Terminator or not. If you have a car build it or not find a Terminator and do it and save the cash. :idea: This car or my car will not compete with a new ZO6 unless you are making 600rwhp. And without the twinscrew from the factory really no gain in buying the car.

Ken

03soniccobra01 said:

ok, you got 20k to dump on "mods". I my eyes that 20k of unreliable mods to a car, let alone voiding the warranty. And guess what you still got a Mustang GT :sleeping: <yawn>. That moose is prolly going to be a under-rated 500hp, cuz Ford is notorious for underrating the SVT products. Also in 20 years i'll have a Shelby labeled car, and you will have a, Oh-yea, did i mention a Mustang GT that ragged out because of the worn out factor of "modding" <yawn> :sleeping: Bump blue book prices with me in 20 years, My Shelby won't see 25k on the odometer. I already have multiple ponys in my shed 20+ years old, under 25k. 79 Cobra, 80 pace car.

CYA soon in my mirror, when u are broken along side the road :burnout:

Milstang

Established Member
:dw:

Err.. so I am still on the list. I love the new body style and will wait patiently to get mine at MSRP. I like the terminators and the GT500, the GT500 is just something I have always wanted. Performance wise I like both cars equally, but like the newer..older body style a little more because my father had a 64 1/2 I always wanted.

I think they will both be great cars to carry on the SVT and Ford name and I look forward to seeing all of you at some meets, shows, strips etc.

:beer:

PetuniaGT40 said:
ok, you got 20k to dump on "mods". I my eyes that 20k of unreliable mods to a car, let alone voiding the warranty. And guess what you still got a Mustang GT :sleeping: <yawn>. That moose is prolly going to be a under-rated 500hp, cuz Ford is notorious for underrating the SVT products. Also in 20 years i'll have a Shelby labeled car, and you will have a, Oh-yea, did i mention a Mustang GT that ragged out because of the worn out factor of "modding" <yawn> :sleeping: Bump blue book prices with me in 20 years, My Shelby won't see 25k on the odometer. I already have multiple ponys in my shed 20+ years old, under 25k. 79 Cobra, 80 pace car.

CYA soon in my mirror, when u are broken along side the road :burnout:

:bs: It's OK...I know you have already justified a retarded purchase......I understand!
BTW.....The elenor kit on a GT will look better than the GT500 All twenty years you own it....And after those years I will have three times the miles and four times bigger grin.....Because I enjoyed my car out on the road...while you covered and LOOKED at your garage queen over priced Shelby cost cutting pipe dream. You will need to Garage it and store it and keep the miles down...Just to get your money back...Because if I were in the market for a financial investment...I would not be buying cars to LOOK at......I would be buying ART, OR LAND, Not a car made to drive and enjoy!

Ken

03soniccobra01 said:
:bs: It's OK...I know you have already justified a retarded purchase......I understand!
BTW.....The elenor kit on a GT will look better than the GT500 All twenty years you own it....And after those years I will have three times the miles and four times bigger grin.....Because I enjoyed my car out on the road...while you covered and LOOKED at your garage queen over priced Shelby cost cutting pipe dream. You will need to Garage it and store it and keep the miles down...Just to get your money back...Because if I were in the market for a financial investment...I would not be buying cars to LOOK at......I would be buying ART, OR LAND, Not a car made to drive and enjoy!
Whatever, each to his or her own, I drive and enjoy all my cars. In fact my GT40 is a favorite of my wife, She's a Doc and works 1 day a week at a public clinic. Funny seeing a Ford GT parked in front of the Local Health Clinic, lol. I must agree the Elenor kit is nice, like u said on a GT..Well enuff said about it, What ever your prefence is, Your the only one that need to made happy from it. O-yea I tried the art thing, didn't work, couldn't figure out where to put the key in at. :-D

Purvis

VMP TVS Power
Established Member
I was forceably removed from my dealers list..
I was originally on my Dealer's list , (for the #1 spot out of 4-5 cars). About 6 weeks ago, I called him up, and he told me I was no longer on the list, because I only offered the dealer retail..

I told him.. What?!? I thought this was a done deal, and that I was reserved a spot! He told me, the dealer owner thought it was "insulting" that I was only offering retail..

So now, Im so pissed off Im not sure I even want one anymore..
Maybe I'll just buy a vette.

F'n, Dealers.. All they have to do is turn the damn car over to the customer, and they think they can charge thousands of dollars in markup.. I cant stand it.
Free market my ass.. This is cheap abuse. :kaboom:

I'll wait. And possibly a long wait too, if need be.

Skywarp

Established Member
Purvis said:
I was forceably removed from my dealers list..
I was originally on my Dealer's list , (for the #1 spot out of 4-5 cars). About 6 weeks ago, I called him up, and he told me I was no longer on the list, because I only offered the dealer retail..

I told him.. What?!? I thought this was a done deal, and that I was reserved a spot! He told me, the dealer owner thought it was "insulting" that I was only offering retail..

So now, Im so pissed off Im not sure I even want one anymore..
Maybe I'll just buy a vette.

F'n, Dealers.. All they have to do is turn the damn car over to the customer, and they think they can charge thousands of dollars in markup.. I cant stand it.
Free market my ass.. This is cheap abuse. :kaboom:

I'll wait. And possibly a long wait too, if need be.
What I don't believe is that were in the 21st century and the car actually went backwards. The last generation Cobra was a great platform to build off but needed refinement, like an auto option etc. The new car although has more inches, it has more weight, no auto option, has a solid rear would love to see how this is going to handle, all for more cash 40+K. If I wanted a retro musclecar I would go get the authentic car - Mach1, Boss, any Mopar from the 60s. IMHO

PetuniaGT40 said:
Whatever, each to his or her own, I drive and enjoy all my cars. In fact my GT40 is a favorite of my wife, She's a Doc and works 1 day a week at a public clinic. Funny seeing a Ford GT parked in front of the Local Health Clinic, lol. I must agree the Elenor kit is nice, like u said on a GT..Well enuff said about it, What ever your prefence is, Your the only one that need to made happy from it. O-yea I tried the art thing, didn't work, couldn't figure out where to put the key in at. :-D

:lol: :lol: :lol:

JETSOLVER

Where is Coletti?
Established Member
I'm thinking that FORD had better have some kind of policy for public consumption soon or they are going to destroy the hard work of SVT for 10+ years. I STRONGLY suggest that they take care of their existing original SVT owners... I wonder if this is a side effect of non SVT approved stealers getting into the act.

Ken

03soniccobra01 said:
Could not let that one go......You are excluding 1999 Right?
Prolly, I don't know stats on the 99, wasn't really interested in the cobras till 03, since the 70's

crispy23c

SVT Chupacabra
Established Member
If I remember right...

If I remember right...
The Cobra was rated @ 325 hp, but more than a few came through on the dyno @ just around 300hp. Very embarrassing for Ford. They did a voluntary recall and upgraded the exhaust, manifold, and something else (I can't recall) to rectify things to at least the advertised HP. Every year afterwards, they underrated their HP. I thought that was a great thing that they did for the 99 owners, and a great way to "make up" for their errors.

Why does that make you so cynical, 03SonicCobra? In my book, they did the right thing, and have made up for it ever since...

venams03

Established Member
I'm off too.

Frickin dealers. All of them have been telling me above invoice. Some as much as 20k, imagine that. Not one allowing MSRP. SCREW THEM. I'll be buying something else (Non FORD).

I also agree that FORD needs to do something about the arrangement/allotment to the dealers, otherwise the dealers will be screwing the customers on these cars. It's not going to happen to me though. I'll pay MSRP or under, or be driving something else (Viper, Vette?)...simple as that

datsbad

Established Member
were all in trouble when that high priced ZO6 hits the streets. it will kill us . 483 rwhp with only headers , WOW!!!

Justin

Established Member
I hate to say it but I may have to leave the family. I have been waiting for the new GT500, and it may not be what im looking for anymore. We will just have to wait and see. I am planning on waiting a year after the Z06 comes out and see if i cant get a deal on a used one. With the mark up on the GT500, the pricing may just be right for a year old Z06.

Users who are viewing this thread