Votes: 29 33.7%
  • NO

Votes: 57 66.3%

• Total voters

Purvis

VMP TVS Power
Established Member
Justin said:
I hate to say it but I may have to leave the family. I have been waiting for the new GT500, and it may not be what im looking for anymore. We will just have to wait and see. I am planning on waiting a year after the Z06 comes out and see if i cant get a deal on a used one. With the mark up on the GT500, the pricing may just be right for a year old Z06.
Exactly wht I was thinking.. Buying a 2 year old ZO6 with 5,000 miles, or even a base c6 VEtte for $42,00 (with headers and tune they put out around 390 to the wheels and are LIGHT) is starting to sound alot more appealing.

Ford better start getting control of their dealers.. This crap will just lose the customers like me. :nono:

A great car and value ruined by greedy Dealers.. :shrug:

Last edited:

03MUSCLE

03 MUSCLE
Established Member
Drive Your Little Terminator " That Looks Like A Cavaliar". Are You Out Of Your Mind I'll Drive My Terminator Right Up Your A$$. Did I See In Your Sig 79 Cobra Nice Car Fahra. :fm: :bash:

ChuckV

Established Member
I'll hang onto my terminator... I was on the list until I heard that'd it'd be an eaton stock with no pully changes possible. My Terminator would likely beat a stock one now, and a port/pulley Teminator will likely lite up a bolt on Gt-500. Why would I spend more money to transition into a car that is more difficult to mod? Doesn't make sense. The difference in prices would buy me a built motor KBed car that would keep pace with a ZO6...

SVTCOBRAKID

Established Member
hey chuck I think a built motor with a kb will do a bit better against a new zo6 than just keep pace, try light it up. lol. Ill stick with my terminator thanks.

lucafu1

Established Member
The Terminator is still gonna be the greatest Mustang Built I think. Its the last True SVT car. Adding Shelby to the mix just ruined it for me. SVT was headed in a great direction with the Lightning and Cobra. Now its Junk. Dont get me wrong, I loved the concept but the production model looks like a damn V6 with crappy ass ground effects. Flame me all you want, but I still have the greatest mustang That was produced.

dave58

seldom impressed
Established Member
Fortunately, the dealer (in my own case) is an Uncle.
He starts talkin' MSRP + $$$ now and someone's off the Christmas card list rikki-tikki !
:bash:

Besides, I KNOW where he lives !!
:burn:

venams03

Established Member
I can't wait till next year to see all those GT-500s come in and start sitting on the lots before the snow flies.

Now way in HELL that they're going to move 7,000 + units at "over MSRP". I've been on several lists back to March on a verbal for sticker price. One by one, the greedy frickin' dealers back out of the deals by either outright removing me from the list or giving me some BS story about "well, we really didn't know we were going to get so few..."

I can't wait till one of those dealers calls me back back because they found my name on their initial list.

"Oh, you're ready to sell it for MSRP now, things have changed and I'm not willing to pay that anymore. Let's talk Discount or no deal"

Isn't revenge sweet!

hitman4hire

Established Member
Ill be wating got the car in the middle between the big-dog and the gt, i read an interview with hui thang (can't spell), and he said there might be a 5.0lx or a boss, hopefully a boss : D

chuckstang

Established Member
lucafu1 said:
The Terminator is still gonna be the greatest Mustang Built I think. Its the last True SVT car. Adding Shelby to the mix just ruined it for me. SVT was headed in a great direction with the Lightning and Cobra. Now its Junk. Dont get me wrong, I loved the concept but the production model looks like a damn V6 with crappy ass ground effects. Flame me all you want, but I still have the greatest mustang That was produced.

...Until a gt500 blows your doors off
:(

lucafu1

Established Member
chuckstang said:
...Until a gt500 blows your doors off
:(

LOL, yeah ok. Its gonna need alittle more HP then it come with from the factory to "Blow my doors off"
LMAO :kaboom:

chuckstang

Established Member
hitman4hire said:
A stock 05 mustang can blow ur doors.
who's doors?
I always refer to stock vs stock and nothing else. A well modded 03/04 obviously can hold its own against 99% of everything on the road.

My 03 unmodded vs. a gt500 wouldn't be close. But modded to modded.....I don't think the gt500 guys will have as easy of time with the modds......So I feel I would win that one!

meaty mac

IDK what I want now
Established Member
03soniccobra01 said:
Right....But all your going to get is a hopped up Mustang GT with more power for 50,000 + and that my friend is a shame.......even if it had 550 HP it would not be worth it...I can buy a 28,000 GT put a 8,000 Elenor kit on it add a TT set up for 5,000-6,000 and still have 8,000 dollars left for more bad a$$ mods.......And have a better, stronger, Faster and better looking ride to whip the crap out of a new Z06 and still have my 03!

Oh did I mention that is what I plan to do! :pepper:
holy smokes you guys! we are finally getting a long waited ci increase and its being introduced in the mustang WITH A BLOWER RIGHT OFF THE BAT! usually the introduction of a new increase in displacement would not also accompany forced induction, but we are going to be getting the best of both worlds. with fords testing, and their comittment to putting premium parts in blown cobras, i think the potential for this engine should have all blue oval enthusiasts frothing at the mouth. as for it being a hopped up gt, with a 5.4,32 valves,blower, i would not refer to it like that. isnt that what the cobras always have been though, really- a hopped up gt from the factory? besides, that extra 8k you have in your pocket better go to a built shortblock and better tranny and clutch combo if you are running a tt. even then, you still wont have a factory tested, designed and warranted product. and it will always be worth alot more. not that this should matter, but it is a consideration for some people.

Last edited:
cobradude said:
Big Babies!!! I'm going to get one...who hoo!!!
It will be your lose and fords gain...Ugly, heavy and hard to mod.....If it was the car I put a deposite down on I would have loved it....but there have been far to many changes to pay the dealer mark ups....Maybe when they are over-produced and there are extras sitting all over for MSRP//MAYBE! :read:

Users who are viewing this thread