No more dealer mark-ups on GT500

Jackie Chan

getin' slizurd on da goos
Established Member
Great post Jon. You probably elightened a couple of people, but the ignorance of others will never change. You know you really are a scumbag :D

Mach1Fun

Established Member
Snake Pit Car Salemen and Suckers...

Jackie Chan said:
Great post Jon. You probably elightened a couple of people, but the ignorance of others will never change. You know you really are a scumbag :D

Well, yeah.. ok. You got my number Jackie, you four-squaring, snake charming salesman rip-off artist!

I have to admit that I felt very ashamed when I made a five-pounder off of Cobraracer46 last week. Thank God my pay plan has me paid on markup, because we got him for $37,000 over MSRP. He kept yelling at me, so I had to do it... He was also bullying the poor Mexicans in car wash/detail.... what's up with that?

Really, if anyone has questions about the business, I will give away all secrets! I am the Penn & Teller of the car buying business... haha. And a note to all car salesmen: Buy the movie 'Suckers'. It was made for you to watch. You will see Cobraracer46 and several others like him throughout this low-budget DVD that only a car salesman would understand. It is the funniest movie with the dumbest plot you will ever watch. Again, you must be a car salesman to really get it.

Jon
mach1fun

(Pound-er: dealerease for $1,000 in profit. i.e: We made a five-pounder on that ignorant fool that thought he knew so much about the car business; or: we really pounded that guy that was yelling bad words in Spanish at our detail guys.)

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Mach1Fun said:
And a note to all car salesmen: Buy the movie 'Suckers'. It was made for you to watch. You will see Cobraracer46 and several others like him throughout this low-budget DVD that only a car salesman would understand. It is the funniest movie with the dumbest plot you will ever watch. Again, you must be a car salesman to really get it.

Jon
mach1fun

Jon:

Having worked in the automobile industry from 1966 (part time through high school at tire and automotive type centers) and then at a Ford dealer for about four years, I learned a lot about the car business. I'm sure a lot has changed since then but then again I'm sure a LOT is the same! ;-)

My all time favorite car dealer movie was called "Used Cars" with (now my memory is really being tested here?!?!) Jack Warden and Kurt Russell (?!?!) OMG it was hilarious! I really should have a DVD copy to watch it again. Haven't seen it in years! But I was laughing so hard during that movie I had stomach cramps! It's definitely worth checking out!

My favorite line was when the guy was filming a TV commercial saying they were "Blowing the hell out of high prices" while he was on his competitors used car lot blowing the windshields out with a shot gun!! Funny stuff!

:thumbsup: :coolman: :beer:

Mach1Fun

Established Member
ac427cobra said:
Jon:

Having worked in the automobile industry from 1966 (part time through high school at tire and automotive type centers) and then at a Ford dealer for about four years, I learned a lot about the car business. I'm sure a lot has changed since then but then again I'm sure a LOT is the same! ;-)

My all time favorite car dealer movie was called "Used Cars" with (now my memory is really being tested here?!?!) Jack Warden and Kurt Russell (?!?!) OMG it was hilarious! I really should have a DVD copy to watch it again. Haven't seen it in years! But I was laughing so hard during that movie I had stomach cramps! It's definitely worth checking out!

My favorite line was when the guy was filming a TV commercial saying they were "Blowing the hell out of high prices" while he was on his competitors used car lot blowing the windshields out with a shot gun!! Funny stuff!

:thumbsup: :coolman: :beer:

Used cars rocked! You are correct about the stars... Another really funny movie with a less-funny plot. I'll have to watch that again now that you bring it up...

Good reply on this person thats loves to use suck FOWL Language. I do not inderstand how they this site contunies to let this person keep putting such eugly posts up using such FOWL language. If you cannot say something positive about something just keep it to your self. If some-one wants to Pay what-ever the Price Over MSRP,its there Funds and no body else concern,after all the bottom line is They earned there assets not this Indivual. Just my two cents worth.JUst keep it simple!!!!!!

Last edited:

crazyhorse06

Established Member
How many of you angellic car salesman have stretched the truth to your customers to make them feel that this car is ultra-limited and if they don't pay the premium, they won't get one?

I think the above poster was generalizing the car sales business in general, not necessarily the underpaid salesman. These last 6 months have left a bitter taste in my mouth for car sales as well. We have seen many a deal gone south due to dealer greed. We have seen Solid, repeat customers shunned for the guy from out of state with the $20grand over (this customer will never be seen again, never bring the car back for service and never refer friends and family into the dealership). We have seen lies and misdirections to sway the customers out of their 10 or 20 grand extra.

Cussing may not be necessary, but, maybe the dealers will better understand how unhappy we are. You wonder why customers shop around? Maybe if you treated us better, we'd return for each car purchase.

TO_04Cobra

Established Member
30,000 Shelby's - wow! (vs what 13,000 03/04's???) - bottom line = the deep discounts are assured if this volume is correct...

another point: wait till the full effect of the shrivelling housing market takes effect over 06/07 - people on avg will be even less inclined for toys - thus mega discounts in 12 to 18 mnths... smart $$$ waits...

03snakerush

Established Member
Randy Fontenot said:
Good reply on this person thats loves to use suck FOWL Language. I do not inderstand how they this site contunies to let this person keep putting such eugly posts up using such FOWL language. If you cannot say something positive about something just keep it to your self. If some-one wants to Pay what-ever the Price Over MSRP,its there Funds and no body else concern,after all the bottom line is They earned there assets not this Indivual. Just my two cents worth.JUst keep it simple!!!!!!

I'll say whatever I want. I'll never say sorry. Petition the mods to have me banned if it makes you feel better. Ever heard of free speech? :poke:

Mach1Fun

Established Member
03snakerush said:
I'll say whatever I want. I'll never say sorry. Petition the mods to have me banned if it makes you feel better. Ever heard of free speech? :poke:

Don't be such a tool, snakerush - it was cobraracer46 that everyone is refering to...

Jon
angelic car salesman

Mach1Fun

Established Member
TO_04Cobra said:
30,000 Shelby's - wow! (vs what 13,000 03/04's???) - bottom line = the deep discounts are assured if this volume is correct...

another point: wait till the full effect of the shrivelling housing market takes effect over 06/07 - people on avg will be even less inclined for toys - thus mega discounts in 12 to 18 mnths... smart $$$ waits...

Actually, GTWill's friend at the factory said it will be 50,000 Shelbys for 2007, and double that for 2008. Look for $5k below invoice any day now...

I still cannot find 'gullible' in the dictionary....
Jon

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
03snakerush said:

go ahead say what you want. if you want everyone to know that you have the vocabulary of a 3rd grader who are we to care. :uh oh:

logan_yomtov

Established Member
03snakerush said:
The first sign I've seen where even main stream media acknowledeges that the dealer mark-ups will not last. Road & Track July issue states:

" What's more, Ford has committed to three years of production at 8,000 to 10,000 Shelbys per year. That's enough to keep dealer mark-ups suppressed after the initial frenzy; patient enthusiasts have an excellent chance of realizing the GT500s' obtainable sticker"

That was on page 88 of the article. Yes I know- you can't believe everything you read, but I like the direction. To all the salesman out there charging more than m.s.r.p.- F*CK YOU!!

To sell at m.s.r.p. gives you a healthy profit. But wait- you also get the dealerhold back money after the sale. That's healthy. But wait- if you arrange financing for the sale- there's 2 points from the a.p.r. going into the profit margin as well. What- you have to get greedy and charge an adm as well??

To all my fellow Mustang owners who hang in there and dont give in to the rip-off practices going on in the dealerships- I salute you! :rockon:

salesman get paid off the front end gross. there are not many cases where they paid on holdback, memo, or interest.
Its the GM/GSM's choice to put markup on a car, thats usually not the salesmans initial decision.
cut salesman slack, they work hard and have families to feed just like anyone else. don't be a prick.

how would you like it if i went to you're place of business and told you how to run it? what if i told you, you charge to much for whatever you sell and told you to go **** yourself?

you're not forced to pay markup. No one is forcing you to by the car. Sales people aren't forcing you to by the car. chill out.

sorry for my rant, i sold cars for 3 years and i'm still in sales. I know what its like in their shoes.

gmynko

I like injecting people
Established Member
Thank God for the internet and all the resources that educate you to be able to cut through the salesman's/dealer's bullshit. What I resent is how they dick around going back and forth to the GMs office wasting your time and acting as if your'e an ignoramus. But sticking to your guns and walking if they don't meet your demand is empowering. Getting the car at your firm price is very satisfying.

On the other hand, I've walked out of a few dealerships without buying a car and was glad because I know I didn't get ripped off.

The net and other resources have leveled the field

SnkBtn99

Speeding bullet!!
Established Member
Isn't the Internet great! Going from no dealer mark ups to how/when not to use the F word. :lol:

My money is on waiting .... Very astute observation on what the home/housing market will be doing in the next 12-18 months.

bbp42d

shakin not stirred
Established Member
Mach1Fun said:
Well, yeah.. ok. You got my number Jackie, you four-squaring, snake charming salesman rip-off artist!

I have to admit that I felt very ashamed when I made a five-pounder off of Cobraracer46 last week. Thank God my pay plan has me paid on markup, because we got him for $37,000 over MSRP. He kept yelling at me, so I had to do it... He was also bullying the poor Mexicans in car wash/detail.... what's up with that?

Really, if anyone has questions about the business, I will give away all secrets! I am the Penn & Teller of the car buying business... haha. And a note to all car salesmen: Buy the movie 'Suckers'. It was made for you to watch. You will see Cobraracer46 and several others like him throughout this low-budget DVD that only a car salesman would understand. It is the funniest movie with the dumbest plot you will ever watch. Again, you must be a car salesman to really get it.

Jon
mach1fun

(Pound-er: dealerease for $1,000 in profit. i.e: We made a five-pounder on that ignorant fool that thought he knew so much about the car business; or: we really pounded that guy that was yelling bad words in Spanish at our detail guys.)

no shit. all i hear is how bad car salesmen are. well for 18+ yrs and going on 12 at my current dealership i ( meaning us) must not be a bad person at all. i am in "buisness preferred network". i love it and yes profit is what makes the world go round. i work my own schedule,deals,and i guess since "we" sales people are bad, why do they return all the time ;-) about the gt500. we got allocated 5 and 1 more and yes they are spoken for. the price? it might be retail, 5 grand over or invoice who the **** knows. time will tell.

btw mach1fun, " hey i need a nickel or a quater more for the trade" :-D

guys and gals if you knew how fun this buisness is you would understand why a few people last a while. it is a blast.

bbp42d

shakin not stirred
Established Member
logan_yomtov said:
salesman get paid off the front end gross. there are not many cases where they paid on holdback, memo, or interest.
Its the GM/GSM's choice to put markup on a car, thats usually not the salesmans initial decision.
cut salesman slack, they work hard and have families to feed just like anyone else. don't be a prick.

how would you like it if i went to you're place of business and told you how to run it? what if i told you, you charge to much for whatever you sell and told you to go **** yourself?

you're not forced to pay markup. No one is forcing you to by the car. Sales people aren't forcing you to by the car. chill out.

sorry for my rant, i sold cars for 3 years and i'm still in sales. I know what its like in their shoes.

i wont go into my payplan :coolman: but you are so right. we are normal people with families and all the other stuff that non carsalesmen do.

Jackie Chan

getin' slizurd on da goos
Established Member
well, tuesday and I will be back in the car biz :D . Working for a great dealership, i really wanted the new car desk but i will be in the U/C dept as the asst manager(really a co-manager but the other guy has been there for 25 years so I wouldnt insult him like that)
I wont make as much money at this store, but the solid business practice, location and respect I have for the owner are worth giving up a few k a year. That and I wont have to buy a new car for awhile since i get whatever demo i want :D. Cobra is getting turboed!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread