no-one around/in Asheville. NC?

ModMike1572

Established Member
03nocobra - We need to meet on patton sometime. Right now my chip was sent back to Rick @Amazon Racing to get it retuned, but after that we gotta meet up. Me, you, blownfrc, and blownlx...

Outlaw99

Join us.
Premium Member
Originally posted by 03nocobra
Who are you talking about?

the adolecent behavior. this thread is nothing more than " my dad can beat up your dad".... i hang on patton in asheville, as well as other places too. you can find a race anywhere. i know all the svt peeps on patton and they will race anyone. for fun or money....usually its just for fun, but sometimes when ppl run their mouths its for money. a pro-charger on a cobra is not that fast. its fun just to hang out and talk to other owners. i dont try and be the fastest guy out there, if i get beat, oh well its all fun. if someone has that much to prove, go to the track and do it.

i challenged an SRT-10 to a race this summer - - it got kinda heated. he tried to call my bluff and said to $10,000.00 he would race...i told him i didnt take credit cards so i offered my title. but he wont have his for 5 more years. i said, ok just for fun....
he walked away. i wouldnt have cared if i got beat or not.

BMC blown92LX

Established Member
Originally posted by OutLaw99
the adolecent behavior. this thread is nothing more than " my dad can beat up your dad".... i hang on patton in asheville, as well as other places too. you can find a race anywhere. i know all the svt peeps on patton and they will race anyone. for fun or money....usually its just for fun, but sometimes when ppl run their mouths its for money. a pro-charger on a cobra is not that fast. its fun just to hang out and talk to other owners. i dont try and be the fastest guy out there, if i get beat, oh well its all fun. if someone has that much to prove, go to the track and do it.

i challenged an SRT-10 to a race this summer - - it got kinda heated. he tried to call my bluff and said to $10,000.00 he would race...i told him i didnt take credit cards so i offered my title. but he wont have his for 5 more years. i said, ok just for fun....
he walked away. i wouldnt have cared if i got beat or not.

" pro-charger on a Cobra is not that fast."

:eek: :eek: :eek: :dw: :dw: :dw:

Um....where you been? Well welcome back my friend, welcome.

N20LS1Brandon

Established Member
Cool I saw you post over there. You have some nice cars. We have having a meet down in Huntersville (just outside of Charlotte) this fri night. You should bring your cobra out. There are def some fast cars that will be there.

If your numbers that you posted up over there for your 03 are correct I think there would be a good race. We have we close dyno numbers though I know that means nothing in an actual race, but I would be up kickin em down sometime, though I usually don't like to race for money, just like to race other nice cars that are built.

JoeNashville

Ghostrider
Established Member
I spent 6 years in A-town. There are some attitudes on this thread that made me shy away from the crowd at the Zone...if I go to Patton it's usually to hang out with my buds at the Heilig Myers parking lot. We have cool people there...F-bodies, Lightnings, 4x4s, imports. We don't hate on each other, but we do rag on each other like buddies do.

I really enjoyed taking my 03 there when I got it in 2002, I popped the hood and POW I got like 40 people around the car. I wanted them to enjoy it as much as I did.

One other guy I remember that owned an 03 Cobra...he wouldn't even talk to anybody else (no other Mustang guys, not even Cobra guys) except me, and I could tell it was because we had '03s. He thought we were part of some high level class in society thing. All he did was come off as elitist. I was nice to him by talking to him but I never took him seriously.

There is a white GT with the tag "Kyte"...he's a cool guy, haven't seen him in a while.

Hey TrophyCar...next time you're gonna be in A-town give me a yell, I have buddies up there and I'm always up for meeting new people with a good attitude.

TrophyCar

2wheels are better than 4
Established Member
CarpetCityCobra, I can't believe we haven't already met, but hey, I guess you can't know everyone on Patton. I was actually up this weekend, but just for a day since everyone was repairing from the flooding. It looks like the next time I'll be in Asheville will be the middle/end of October, sorry. But if you're ever up for a trip . . . I hang out at The Palace in Huntersville. We have a meet this Friday and the next one hasn't been scheduled yet.

N20LS1Brandon

Established Member
Trophy car you hang out at the Palace? I am there every time they have a meet. I'll be there this fri. I have a 94 Red Z28 that looks bone stock but just listen for the cam and S/C and you'll know its me.

I actually mentioned it in my previous post.

cpdaddy35

Established Member
Originally posted by BlownFRC
Nope, I haven't been to hickory yet, but I really want to check it out. How is it out there? Any good action? What type of cars? I'll be taking a trip up there as soon as I finish my car. We should meet up sometime.

Why don't you boys come on down to greenville or spartanburg. There are some turbo tegs and turbo mustangs that would run you.. Isn't greenville closer than hickory? :shrug: :rolling: ;-)

TrophyCar

2wheels are better than 4
Established Member
Originally posted by N20LS1Brandon
Trophy car you hang out at the Palace? I am there every time they have a meet. I'll be there this fri. I have a 94 Red Z28 that looks bone stock but just listen for the cam and S/C and you'll know its me.

I actually mentioned it in my previous post.

LOL I was there two weeks ago and will be there this Friday night as well. I mostly hang around Travis (01 Zinc Cobra), Nick (Pewter Camaro), Jake (silver Firebird) and Matt (SOM Camaro, 'vert I think). I will probably show up a little later than I did last time, maybe around 9:30 and will be staying in town, but I have to kill a whole day Saturday . . . I'll have the white Nissan Altima. You can't miss me and I'll be parked near Travis and Nick like I was last time. Or if you want you can hit me up on AIM and we'll trade cell phone numbers.

ModMike1572

Established Member
Originally posted by cpdaddy35
Why don't you boys come on down to greenville or spartanburg. There are some turbo tegs and turbo mustangs that would run you.. Isn't greenville closer than hickory? :shrug: :rolling: ;-)

I was talking to someone from here that goes to greenville, and said that theres a turbo teg with 500 hp. He wanted me to come down and race it. Then he was like, you gotta race this guy named chad with a supra... i was like ummmm nah. lol

Is that teg worth the trip down there to race it??

Also, where exactly in greenville do you guys go?? is it spartanburg you mean?? Cause me and some friends went downtown greenville a few weeks ago, but couldnt find anyone

Thanks

Mike

cpdaddy35

Established Member
Originally posted by Killer03Cobra
I was talking to someone from here that goes to greenville, and said that theres a turbo teg with 500 hp. He wanted me to come down and race it. Then he was like, you gotta race this guy named chad with a supra... i was like ummmm nah. lol

Is that teg worth the trip down there to race it??

Also, where exactly in greenville do you guys go?? is it spartanburg you mean?? Cause me and some friends went downtown greenville a few weeks ago, but couldnt find anyone

Thanks

Mike

Hey man, I think the teg would give you a run. There are actually three of them. Two in greenville and the other in spartanburg. Nick has the one in spartanburg and Jonathon and Greg are in greenville. You car is pushing about 450rwhp now right? I think Greg is about 330-350rwhp and Nick is mid 400's.. They would have to race from a roll or run slicks since they are front wheel drive and spin pretty bad.. Honestly, everyone meets in greenville on sunday night at the hobby lobby off of woodruff road.. Friday and saturday nights are good in spartanburg off of reidville road. There is also a single turbo RX7 up there that is pretty quick that would run ya.. Let me know and i'll try to line something up if you'd like. Has your brother got his car up and running yet? Take it easy.

-Chad

ModMike1572

Established Member
Hey man, I think the teg would give you a run. There are actually three of them. Two in greenville and the other in spartanburg. Nick has the one in spartanburg and Jonathon and Greg are in greenville. You car is pushing about 450rwhp now right? I think Greg is about 330-350rwhp and Nick is mid 400's.. They would have to race from a roll or run slicks since they are front wheel drive and spin pretty bad.. Honestly, everyone meets in greenville on sunday night at the hobby lobby off of woodruff road.. Friday and saturday nights are good in spartanburg off of reidville road. There is also a single turbo RX7 up there that is pretty quick that would run ya.. Let me know and i'll try to line something up if you'd like. Has your brother got his car up and running yet? Take it easy.

-Chad

Whats up,

Ya, i think ill take a ride down to spartanburg one day, i have 445 rwhp right now, and on the dyno my a/f was really high, so after my chip gets back reburned i should have over 460. So in the next couple weeks or month ill get in touch with you. Ive been wanting to get away from boring old patton and come try something different. We'll have to meet up, so you can take me for a ride ha.
Bro's car is coming along really good, everythings on and running, it just needs needs to be tuned. I think he's going down to Charlotte to have it tuned maybe this weekend.
Peace

Mike

cpdaddy35

Established Member
I raced that teg this weekend.. He's pretty quick. Went from a 55mph roll. Won by about 7 cars or so.. His car is quick. I wouldn't go racing it.. He has over 500rwhp and weighs 2700lbs..

Last edited:

cpdaddy35

Established Member
I raced that teg this weekend.. He's pretty quick. Went from a 55mph roll. Won by about 7 cars or so.. His car is quick. I wouldn't go racing it.. He has over 500rwhp and weighs 2700lbs..

ModMike1572

Established Member

Damn, ill run im for fun though. I'll get in touch with you in a couple of weeks and we'll prob head down there.
Peace

btw, are there any other cobra owners down there?? jw

BlownFRC

Established Member

-Chad

Where EXACTLY is the place to go on a Saturday night? I have never been down there, so I don't know where anything is. If I come down 25 south into Greenville, where do I go from there and what time do things get started and end? I'd like to set something up with one of those integras here pretty soon. A roll sounds good to me. Thanks. Jon

Users who are viewing this thread