No power after parking for winter

slow5oh

Never Finished
Established Member
I parked my cobra for winter and everything was perfectly fine, no issues. I wanted to pull my seats and let it run a bit today, so I went and picked up a new battery, installed it and I have zero power. I'm stumped, I've parked and have stored plenty of cars for winter and have never had an issue like this. No mice, no chewed wires. The battery is fully charged, I haven't done anything with the wiring. Any help or stupid/easy things to look for would be appreciated. :shrug:

TVSCobra

Established Member
can you hear any of the relays clicking when you cycle the key? If not I would check the ignition switch. Get the wiring diagram and start checking the flow from the ignition switch out to electrical terminals, relays, fuses etc. Do you have a multimeter?

slow5oh

Never Finished
Established Member
Alright so I went through re did all the connections, and I have power now. But the after market alarm is going off unless the key is in ignition in the "on" when the battery is connected. I'm hoping my next issue isn't because of the after market alarm, but now I don't have fuel. Just cranks and cranks, can't hear the fuel pump, and all fuses are good.

Last edited:

slow5oh

Never Finished
Established Member
That's the plan. I'm trying to find out what model it is, because all I have are the remotes that say "Prestige" and from what Google tells me that's an Audiovox alarm, and the remote I have works with 6 different models of their security system.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
You live in WI and winter is over?

esonu

Established Member
Check the fuses if it's turning over its possible.

333arod333

SVT Disciple
Established Member
Have you checked the fuel pump shutoff inertia switch in the trunk?

This.

I would bet it is the wiring set-up for the alarm. It is weird that it was fine before and now its acting up, but it could be the alarm not allowing the PCM to start the engine.

oldmodman

Established Member
I have encountered alarm systems that lose all their installed memory functions after being powered down for months at a time. If you have the original installation instructions there may be a section on re-powering it after a long time without power.
Otherwise you may just need to remove it and all the relays that were spliced into the factory wiring harness.

slow5oh

Never Finished
Established Member
Thanks for the input guys. I found the owners manual for the alarm online, and it does have a starter disable. I have no idea how I'm supposed to get around this now. I can't over-ride and reprogram as I don't have the pass code. I can't find the brain box and it's literally wired into everything. Not sure what my next plan of action is

Users who are viewing this thread