"no racing till tick is fixed"

LeftinthedusT

Learning...
Established Member
My tuner advised me that i should not take my car to the track and beat on it untill my tick gets fixed
I want to take my car this saturday to moroso but worried about what he said, this is the first time i have heard of anyone advising to not run the car hard because of the tick, what do u guys think?

YGETV8

Established Member
Hmmm... mine's had the tick since I got it with 2500 miles on the clock in Jan. '04. 18K plus now. Pullied from 5K; ported and sprayed and lower pulley for 2K now!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I have always heard the opposite. That the "tick" has no affect on the motor except make an annoying ticking sound. If it were a serious issue Ford would have done a recall IMO. I'd say someone is looking to make some money on your problem. Have you taken it to your dealer yet for it to be diagnosed with the tick. That's important because you want to get the new heads before your warranty runs out. They're around $1,400. each. Plus installation. And it is not uncommon for people to hear injector noise or piston slap and misdiagnose it to be the tick issue.

StreetSnake

Established Member
I think the biggest concern with cars with the tick is maintaining WOT for a sustained amount of time. Like on the expressways or turnpikes. Seems like a few guys have had a meltdown on the # 7 cylinder which is where the tick is emanating from. This may be prevalent even on cars without the tick. Just a heads up. Mine was repaired under warranty and the breakdown on the bill came to 2700.00 ..So if you still have a warranty you might want to have it fixed......:beer: :beer:

LeftinthedusT

Learning...
Established Member
my 3 year warranty has passed, but i still have my extended warranty, but my problem is i have pulleys and a chip, so they will probably viod my warranty

LeftinthedusT

Learning...
Established Member
my 3 year warranty has passed, but i still have my extended warranty, but my problem is i have pulleys and a chip, so they will probably void my warranty, so im not sure what to do

Users who are viewing this thread