Noise at take off

LaserRedSlowbra

Established Member
When taking off i get like this shaking(it doesn't actually shake) type noise or something of the sort when taking off to about let's say 20mph. It doesn't do it every time just some times. my mods out back low profile irs bolts, eibach pro kit springs, 10.5 wheels and tires. it did it after the low profile irs bolts and springs and before the 10.5 wheels and 315 tires so i'm not sure. just wondering your opinions.

Un4GivN

QuenchMyThirstw/Gasoline
Established Member
I'll be in Chapel Hill this weekend to see my g/f, it's possible we can meet up and I can check it out (not gonna guarantee I'll be able to, but it is possible) and I believe there's a few other members here close to you that might be willing to help out. It's hard to diagnose some things over the net. I'll PM you my #.

LaserRedSlowbra

Established Member
is there a way i might have overtightened the irs bolt or did I need to add any kind grease to the bolt? i would say that the isolator slipped out or something but it's not like a scraping more of like hmm.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
When taking off i get like this shaking(it doesn't actually shake) type noise or something of the sort when taking off to about let's say 20mph. It doesn't do it every time just some times. my mods out back low profile irs bolts, eibach pro kit springs, 10.5 wheels and tires. it did it after the low profile irs bolts and springs and before the 10.5 wheels and 315 tires so i'm not sure. just wondering your opinions.

It sounds to me like your differential mounts may be shot! Very common with these cars.

To diagnose, find an assistant to watch your differential housing while you apply torque in first and reverse gears with the e-brake AND the service brake applied. He can tell you how much the differential is moving. It should only have a slight wiggle to it. NO drastic movement.

FWIW

:thumbsup::coolman::beer:

Users who are viewing this thread