Noisey Cobra

1996dohcsvt

Established Member
Hello Have a 1996 Cobra Just picked up engine on the pass side is a lil noisey sounds like its from the valve cover only a lil really on warm up. I took it to a local ford performance shop (pushrod performance) lol they say its the most quiet 4v they ever heard:shrug: So I always Still Have my doubts what do u guys think maybe lash adjusters? Id Hate to not be able to drive this thing with spring almost here.:fm: Thanks For any input Or help.

pdm

Established Member
Get a long piece of metal rod (extension, rebar, etc) and use it like a stethoscope. My guess is it's under the timing cover.

98fourvalve

Established Member
Just like you would a photo. Use a third party site like photobucket/imageshack and paste the link to it here.

Youtube definitely works too.

Agree with the long rod trick. Helps but can be tricky

1996dohcsvt

Established Member
Update guys took it to a local small shop trustworthy they listened to it said its minor valvetrain noise nothing to get hostile over. so im not too worried but if it gets louder ill go into depth. they say to add a stabilizer lucas or somethin similar?? militec? im extremely happy now any good suggestions on oil and filter let me know please thanks.

1996dohcsvt

Established Member
Great to hear well not really but ya know what i mean lol. does anybody have suggestions on what filter and oil to go with its been on synthetic so im staying with and should i add an additive like militec 1????? thanks

RIO RED SNAKE

4:10's = The Suck
Established Member
dont add any crap to the oil...just change it with synthetic oil and keep driving it...no additives will reverse what is already done, the car will run forever with that noise.

DVJ38

One mod at a time
Established Member
Add some marvel mystery oil and drive it for a few days. Change the oil with your choice of 7 quarts of synthetic oil and a motorcraft filter and the sound may "mysteriously" vanish lol. I've read that marvel mystery oil cleans things out and who knows what.. so I tried it on mine and I honestly think my valvetrain is quieter now lol. If not.. you only wasted $5

Users who are viewing this thread