Noob from Oki

Speed Junky

Established Member
Hey guys & gals from SVTP! Name's Scott, currently out in Okinawa, Japan for a couple more months. I don't currently own a Mustang, but my 2015 Competition Orange with Performance Package will be getting delivered on the 23rd of this month. I plan on making it a nice handling car with H&R race springs, bilstein dampers, whiteline or H&R swaybars and 18" or 19" 295 square set up. Maybe staggered 295/305. Just waiting for the aftermarket to catch up!
Been out in Oki for about 2 years and this is the first time in my life I hadn't owned a stang. started with an '88 GT, then a '00 GT and my last was an '02 Saleen. First two had basic bolt ons but I went a little crazy with the Saleen. She ended up with a precision twin kit, stock bore/stroke with billet & forged internals, T-56 viper spec, twin disc and a built 8.8. The car ended up making 679/687 on 18 psi out of a little ole 2V.
I always thought this site was only for SVT owners, so I never created an account. Saw you have a section for the S550s and I'm looking forward to learning some good tech from you guys!
Cheers!

04SloSnake

Its just an Eaton
Established Member
Well I am truly jealous you are getting off this rock so much sooner than me, but congrats on the car. Did you get it from ENCS? I just ordered my car from them a couple weeks ago.

Ponyracer1, personally I say avoid it at all costs. But that's just me.

Speed Junky

Established Member
It's fun for the first year then you kind of see everything. If you dive, it's a wonderful spot, world class. The car scene is spotty at best, nothing organized or regular. Plus your car will have to be kept outside and there's no real way to take care of it properly; if you buy a nice car like I did initially. The R32 GTRs have now hit the 25 year mark, so you can send those back to the states on the cheap to flip or keep if you're interested.
I'm assuming you're Air Force? If so, your 'dorms' are nice I hear and you'll be able to get a car right away. They just lifted the drinking ban so you'll be able to enjoy the Oki night life if you're into that. Not my thing.
Any other questions feel free to hit me up!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Welcome to SVTPerformance, and congratulations on buying your soon-to-be-delivered '15 GT. It sounds nice, and great color choice. Your Saleen certainly was a beast. I wish you the best with your '15 mods. I have no doubt you'll nail it! :)

Oh, and are you stationed in Japan? Navy?

Speed Junky

Established Member
Well I am truly jealous you are getting off this rock so much sooner than me, but congrats on the car. Did you get it from ENCS? I just ordered my car from them a couple weeks ago.
It's been a long two years that's for sure! I did order through ENCS, but hindsight being 20/20 I wouldn't do it again. There's better value through the stateside dealers and there's a few things they told me that wasn't exactly true. Not gonna blow them up on here but if you would like to know my situation PM me. When are you rolling out?

Speed Junky

Established Member
Oh, and are you stationed in Japan? Navy?
Thank you! As soon as I heard IRS I was in! Fastback styling and Comp Orange were the icing and cherry on the cake! I have always loved the comp orange cobras.
I am in the Marines, not stationed in mainland but the island that technology forgot, Okinawa lol. Are you prior service? I had one of your T56 gaskets on my Saleen! Got it for free from Mustang week YEARS ago. Worked like a charm! I prefer gaskets over RTV any day of the week!

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Ah, Marines! Awesome. Yes, I'm prior service. Served in the Navy for just over 4 years. Been to Japan maybe a half dozen times.

Neat that you got one of my sets free at Mustang Week a few years ago. Yes, they do work well. :)

Screw-Rice

I like BBC
Established Member
Welcome and you basically ordered the exact car I want, lol.

What's your MOS?

My nephew is out there right now, you should mess with him. :lol1:

Speed Junky

Established Member
Welcome and you basically ordered the exact car I want, lol.

What's your MOS?

My nephew is out there right now, you should mess with him. :lol1:
Thanks! Comp orange is apparently a really popular color! I ordered it instead of race red because I thought there were going to be more red ones since it was marketed so much in red.
MOS is 6072- diesel/hydraulic/pneumatic mechanic. What base is your nephew on? There are a bunch on this small island.

THE CAR GOT DELIVERED TODAY!!! Now I just need to talk the dealer into sending me a pic of her....

Last edited:

Screw-Rice

I like BBC
Established Member
Thanks! Comp orange is apparently a really popular color! I ordered it instead of race red because I thought there were going to be more red ones since it was marketed so much in red.
MOS is 6072- diesel/hydraulic/pneumatic mechanic. What base is your nephew on? There are a bunch on this small island.

THE CAR GOT DELIVERED TODAY!!! Now I just need to talk the dealer into sending me a pic of her....

I've only seen one so far and it was white. Dealer has a couple DIB ones. I planned on orange or possibly yellow just to be obnoxious.

He's over at Camp Hansen, MOS 1345 Heavy Equipment Operator. He's a big car guy, and no one else really is it seems around him.

Last edited:

Speed Junky

Established Member
I've only seen one so far and it was white. Dealer has a couple DIB ones. I planned on orange or possibly yellow just to be obnoxious.

He's over at Camp Hansen, MOS 1345 Heavy Equipment Operator. He's a big car guy, and no one else really is it seems around him.
Oh, he's up north. I don't really get up there too much, I'm in the southern bases. Don't really know any SNCO's in the Motor T community either, sorry bud. But I know how he feels about being an alone car guy. You would think having a mechanic MOS (like myself) there would be guys into cars and trucks, but they're really few and far between.

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
Welcome, so is it going to be waiting for you back here in the states? I assume you aren't having it shipped over there if your only a few months out from coming home? If you have some pics of your Saleen, post them up. I love New Edge Saleens. Considered one before I bought my Cobra, but just couldn't live without the 4-valve.

Speed Junky

Established Member
Welcome, so is it going to be waiting for you back here in the states? I assume you aren't having it shipped over there if your only a few months out from coming home? If you have some pics of your Saleen, post them up. I love New Edge Saleens. Considered one before I bought my Cobra, but just couldn't live without the 4-valve.
Yeah, the '15 will be sitting in a dealer overflow lot for the next couple of months waiting for me to move back to the states.
Here are some of my sold Saleen, I think the new edges were the best looking Saleens made!
Probably my favorite shot of her, a good friend took it. Meaty 305 M/T ET Street radial II out back!
scarlett shiny.jpg
Torn down for the turbo install ( the *bolt up* t-bolt clamps is what happens when friends help out. Took longer fixing their work than if I would have done it myself from the start SMH.
project.jpg
The man himself at Mustang Week signing her dash
Steve Saleen Signing Car.jpg
What my back room looked like after coming back from Afghanistan in 2010!
Parts3.jpg

Last edited:

Speed Junky

Established Member
It definitely hurt, but once I installed the turbo, the car was no longer what I wanted. It handled like a boat without the front swaybar and the power would come on way too strong. My '15 is gonna be set up for all handling.

2013GT'ed

Established Member
Grats on your car man! That Saleen was perfect. I wish my 13 came in comp orange...it's my favorite color.

Users who are viewing this thread