Noob update - Pulley's

Adltdrvn

Established Member
Hey guys,

I finally got around to removing the pully "cover" on my mostly stock 03 cobra. I put a tape measure on the upper pulley and it measured 3 1/8" diameter and the crank pulley measured 9" diameter.

Obviously the upper has been swapped right? (Stock = 3.65?) However, there is no label/manufacturer on it.

Is the crank pulley stock or upgraded?

What sort of RWHP do you think I'm putting down? Wheel spin and hop are crazy.

Upon closer inspection of the MAF inlet, I looks like it was spray painted before the the stock filter unit was put back in place. WTF!

Is my upper pulley a 3.10? Will the stock air inlet support it?

I thought I was having some loss of traction in third gear when I got on it, but the 275's look somewhat new. So does the belt. Is the stock MAF restricting performance and causing the car to hesitate?

Please help. I can post pics if needed...

SicStang03

2SSSlow
Established Member
You stack MAF will support any upper fine as long as you don't have a port or a lower pulley.

If you post pics you will get an answer faster...

I would recommend getting a new pulley and intake with a tune anyways..

Keep us updated

Adltdrvn

Established Member
If you do not have a tune with that pulley then that is more than likely the problem. When is there a hesitation? Is it between shifts or in the middle of WOT?

It's not exactly a hesitation. It's more like a very slight stuttering feeling when I'm in 3rd gear at WOT after 3500 - 4000 rpm. It's almost as if I'm slipping on little patches of ice on the road...

Could it be the fuel filter? I'm not sure when or if it was ever changed. Car has 48K on it.

Maybe the back tires are simply breaking loose a bit?

03CobraDom

Established Member
Maybe the back tires are simply breaking loose a bit?

could very well be, my car only has an upper (2.76) and a borla catback...My rear tires are meaty, but horrible tires (Ventus)...the car will slide out in 3rd everytime i punch it, its almost not safe to drive in these low temps here in PA....

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Regardless spend $75 and get it on a dyno to check everything ASAP!

Adltdrvn

Established Member
Update:

I re-measured the crank pulley today. The outer diameter is actually 7.5" and not 9". I guess I had one too many last night.

The crank pulley looks like it's an aftermarket product. It's black and shiney. My 07 damper was a big round rusted piece of iron...

I'm going dyno hunting today.

A4BLK98SS

Established Member
could very well be, my car only has an upper (2.76) and a borla catback...My rear tires are meaty, but horrible tires (Ventus)...the car will slide out in 3rd everytime i punch it, its almost not safe to drive in these low temps here in PA....

I have identical mods as you except for the pulley. I'm thinking of doing that exact size. Do you have any dyno numbers for what you currently have?

jm@ReischePerf

Owner & Operations Mgr
Established Member
Premium Member
It's not exactly a hesitation. It's more like a very slight stuttering feeling when I'm in 3rd gear at WOT after 3500 - 4000 rpm.
Could be spark blowout. Try changing the plugs and gapping down to .035-.038
Regardless spend $75 and get it on a dyno to check everything ASAP!
Best advice you can get right there :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread