Normal IAT2 with C&R Hear X

MattR

Established Member
So I've never data logged so I don't know where I was before my KB 2.8 install. I've been doing data logs on the street and do my WOT pull after a good 8 mile drive to ensure I'm up to operating temp. When I start the data log I'm around 130 F, it climbs like a tachometer during the pull to 160-170 and then comes back down to 130. Is that typical for a 80 degree day?

When I tapped into the system for the LC install I did drain the tank, but ran it with the cap off and didn't see the level drop at all.

Last edited:

kozumasbullitt

Established Member
So I've never data logged so I don't know where I was before my KB 2.8 install. I've been doing data logs on the street and do my WOT pull after a good 8 mile drive to ensure I'm up to operating temp. When I start the data log I'm around 130 F, it climbs like a tachometer during the pull to 160-170 and then comes back down to 130. Is that typical for a 80 degree day?

When I tapped into the system for the LC install I did drain the tank, but ran it with the cap off and didn't see the level drop at all.

Normal driving I would expect you to be under a 30 degree difference from ambient with an aftermarket H/E w/fans.

CD07GT500

Klaus's Bitch
Established Member
Seems high imo. Mine never got above 130 with a 5 mile cruise and a 3 gear wot blast in 80 degree weather.

MattR

Established Member
Van you have mail.

Well IAT1 is around 100 degrees. So just driving I am around 20 to 30 over inlet.

MattR

Established Member
Seems high imo. Mine never got above 130 with a 5 mile cruise and a 3 gear wot blast in 80 degree weather.

It comes right back down, in the logs it rises with the speed and RPM and comes down almost as fast. Seems odd but maybe the supercharger just makes a ton of heat when leaning on it.

kozumasbullitt

Established Member
Van you have mail.

Well IAT1 is around 100 degrees. So just driving I am around 20 to 30 over inlet.

Should be that over ambient ie. not over 105F unless you are pushing your car. I didn't see over 100F today cruising around my area with a 75F ambient but I was also only going 25mph. I would assume cruising at higher speed would result in a even lower IAT2 because more air is flowing over the H/E.

Van@RevanRacing

I reviewed the logs and it seems that your temps are a little high. Maybe a small air pocket stuck in the intercooler that only reveals itself under a pull. One of the best ways to get air out of the intercooler is to pressurize the system. It's remotely possible that your pump is failing or simply not flowing as much fluid as it normally should which is 3 to 4 GPM

MattR

Established Member
Van can you explain that a little bit? Is there a particular process for pressurizing? Thanks once again for aways going the extra mile.

MADRUSSIAN

GET FAST OR DIE TRYING!
Established Member
Hey did you resolved that issue??? I got 2.8KB on e 85 with all typical cooling mods and I got same issue.

Users who are viewing this thread